PF Buffy hair fix?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
darth dyp**** said:
Easy to do if you live in the US...But, sending something back from Australia?? Yeah, SS would love that..:D Plus, I have too much on order anyway with SS, and, seeing what they "might" end up doing with Buffy, made me do the cancel thing....But, each to their own...If you keep your order for now...good for you, and I hope SS change it for ya.

True, I'd HATe to have to send something back to sideshow from Sydney. NOt even sure it would reach them in 30 days, let alone the shipping costs.

This is kinda different because the item was damaged, but I'll share anyway.

I received the Abe maquette with cracks around his legs, contacted SS with photos of the damage, (it really was minor damage, I'm certain their production team could have repaired him no worries), anyway after reviewing the damage and asking what my desired outcome would be, a replacement please, their instruction for me was to hit the hell out him with something really heavy, so the piece was completely unrecognisable and send them a photo of the "Carnage" :acme
Only then would they send me the replacement maquette!!

Man! Do you think I could do it?! Has anyone seen this maquette up close? It's stunning!
I did try, Abe's maquette took quite a few excursions around the house, moving from living room to laundry, he was even witness to quite a few discussions about the perfect execution weapon during his journey to the patio... hell, I even instructed my partner to do it for me while I was out of the house, but turns out he couldn’t bring himself to do it either!!
Sooo... ahem, I am now the proud owner of one slightly damaged Abe :rolleyes: (got to keep him for half price) & one absolutely Perfect Abe. :D

In a nutshell, I guess the cost of returns from Australia may be a bit much for them! I mean, that's a lot of money's worth to repeatedly hit with something heavy don't ya think?!

The price tag is why I wouldn't accept even a minor damaged maquette incase anyone was wondering, and rest assured Firefly Flanatic, there was no hassle at all with the return process. SS's response was very prompt and friendly all the way!

Sideshow runs off extra figures during the production process in case of problems. It's not uncommon for Sideshow to ask a customer to destroy a piece.

There's a pretty cool thread on statueforum.com that shows a Predator statue (cost a grand) getting destroyed. The person had fun with it by painting green alien blood all over the severed limbs. Then he smashed it to dust.

All international customers are given the choice of destroying or getting it half-off (for polystone product). It isn't cost effective to return to to them.

Darklord Dave said:
All international customers are given the choice of destroying or getting it half-off (for polystone product). It isn't cost effective to return to to them.

As Mike stated I am also from Turkey and I pay like 50 % of the product price and sometimes even 100 % (for 12" figures)

So far I never had a problem and hopefully will not have in the future.

Dave what I do not understand is: what is getting half of it??

Do SS return half of the price to you ?

BillyBudd said:
Sideshow runs off extra figures during the production process in case of problems. It's not uncommon for Sideshow to ask a customer to destroy a piece.

There's a pretty cool thread on statueforum.com that shows a Predator statue (cost a grand) getting destroyed. The person had fun with it by painting green alien blood all over the severed limbs. Then he smashed it to dust.

Wow! Can I have the link please? I did a search but couldn't find the thread.

I made a decision to cancel my PF Buffy. Partially because of the amount of money this will cost plus shipping and duty and the majorly the fact that I am uncertain they can fix the hair issues. Now someone on the wait list will get her and I hope they will enjoy her.

This statue is made to be displayed with Buffy turned slightly to the right. If you look at the picture that the statue is based on, Buffy is turned slightly to the right. It's also just common sense based on the position of her eyes and the hand holding the stake.

I was happy with the prototype pictured below. The breasts were a tad big, but they looked GOOD regardless. The reality is that SMG wore a push-up bra during the first season, so her breasts did appear to be bigger in the first season when compared to later seasons. The hair on the right side of the prototype was a tad curly, but it really didn't bother me. I thought it was fine the way it was.

I hate not knowing what the final product will look like. And I really hate the idea that it may not look as good as the prototype. This is an instance where complaining may have actually back-fired. As others have mentioned, Sideshow over-corrected the faults of the statue, which weren't that bad to begin with. Why didn't Sideshow get some more feedback after modifying the figure? Dammit.

7157press05001jx9.jpg

The left side of her hair is fine, it's just the right side that bothers me. It's too thin straight or kinked.
I am not going to cancel my excl. order for her until I see the finished product, then again, I'll probably still keep her since doll wigs are always an option, but I doubt she'll be that bad, I have complete faith that SS will fix the problem :D

Newbie here. Hi all!
I ordered mine and have faith (pun intended!) that they will do it right.
:) d

:fest Welcome Dave Mack to the Freak Board!!! :fest

:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks

Seeing the Buffy PF statue in person at SDCC, she looks amazing... you are in for a real treat!

:chew :chew Have Fun here at the Board!!!:chew :chew

thanks, proto!

i actually have a few sideshows already. the buffy, angel and human spike from a few years back. the buffy and the 3 gentlemen as well.
good to see more freaks here! :D

So maybe since this is delayed until October they will get the hair right? And the uniboob? ;)

Dave mack said:
So maybe since this is delayed until October they will get the hair right? And the uniboob? ;)

They'd have to be working lightning speed, but perhaps its a possibility, i hope. Still PF's are usually delayed quite abit.

that might simply be smart on the part of the dealer, because Sideshow is saying Sept and if it's late in the month the dealer won't be getting them/shipping them til early October. If he said September, then all month long he might be getting emails asking "where's my Buffy?" even if it hadn't shipped from SST yet.

That's cool. This place does ship pretty quick though. I got my Smile Time Angel puppets REAL fast through them, right when they released.
Anyone know what's considered the "official" release date now?

;) d

Back