Petition for a revised HT Jill Valentine sculpt!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a great head sculpt...if it's meant to look like a random pretty brunette.

Exactly, and for $150 I would want it to be recognisable as Jill before buying it.
Even the clothing is way off atm. Chris, Sheva and Wesker are all tailored better and have more accurate sculpts.

Seriously, these things aren’t cheap and with them having such a high price you should expect a certain level of quality. At the moment imo that level has not yet been reached with Jill, but it is a work in progress so give it time and who knows.

I think the major thing that's throwing the likeness off is the nose.

It needs to be a little larger. That and it's too sloped at the tip.

New comparison with the updated sculpt. The only thing I think needs improving now is the lower lip. If they made it larger and even widened the mouth a tiny bit she'll be perfect.

35bzexz.jpg

New comparison with the updated sculpt. The only thing I think needs improving now is the lower lip. If they made it larger and even widened the mouth a tiny bit she'll be perfect.

Updated sculpt?

I just hope they fix her hat/cap. If not, i will display her without it. It looks terrible! Its WAY to big, looks cheap and to top it all off the color is a completly different one. :monkey2

Last edited:
it looks a little different, but it also looks like it's just the shadow play.

That's what I thought. It would help to know what issue of Milk this was and when it was published. I'm fairly unconvinced there is anything new about it.

So the headsculpt is done by the same person, who did the sheva headsculpt. No wonder it looks off. Don't want to question his skills, but for 150 bucks i want a decent headsculpt, not just a lookalike! They did a great job with chris and wesker though! :)

So the headsculpt is done by the same person, who did the sheva headsculpt. No wonder it looks off. Don't want to question his skills, but for 150 bucks i want a decent headsculpt, not just a lookalike! They did a great job with chris and wesker though! :)

Yeah I agree. This is HT's. The simple solution would be - use a different sculptor.

If they can fix the sculpt i will def pick this one up otherwise it just looks like some chic at Comic Con trying to be Jill.

To those that say "Hot Toys finally made the character you want and now your whining," we're not whining just voicing our disappointment. I do not want something less from Hot Toys just because they are Hot Toys. They have not impressed in the female figure department. How hard is it to get the likeness down for a videogame character? Nothing against the sculptor, but he's not the right fit for this line. Look at the upcoming Gears of War Marcus Fenix bust by TriForce. The likeness is uncanny. I know it's like comparing orange to apples. If you read other messages from other boards, people are bashing the sculpt saying it looks nothing like Jill. I took a look at the new Rambo PF and that looks like a disappointment.

Like smalls said it looks like a chic cosplaying as Jill. I don't know but it just makes me wonder if anyone working in Hot Toys is a videogame fan. Imo, Wesker is the best figure to come out of the videogame line. The sculpted head on Sheva looks great if it wasn't meant to be Sheva. If you look at the production photos of the Square-Enix figures, it has a better likeness to Sheva. As for BSAA Chris, why the hell is shorter than Stars Chris? I don't want to spend time trying to buy parts just to fix or adjust the height. I want it to be near perfect out of the box. Also Hot Toys need to start adding detail or shading to the arms of these figures. They look too plastic looking. One more thing, they still need to adjust the tailoring on Jill to better show off her curves. Ultimately if I don't like it, I don't buy it.

The nose and lips just a tad and it's perfect. I'm not picky if you can come close to the representation that is good enough for me.

Great work Hot Toys :rock

The figure is looking pretty decent actually, it needs some adjustments but yeah. BSAA is my favorite version, personally. Also I can't read Japanese, but there is a pictures of RE3 Jill, and STARS Jill, so who knows what could come.

It's Chinese... just in case someone wants to throw it in a translator.

It mentions Lara Croft... wonder why.

The figure is looking pretty decent actually, it needs some adjustments but yeah. BSAA is my favorite version, personally. Also I can't read Japanese, but there is a pictures of RE3 Jill, and STARS Jill, so who knows what could come.

I agree - looks decent actually as long as you don't pay too much attention to the head...I think the issue is the hat. It makes her head look too long and big.

Back