Person of Interest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1266264591U9By2V.jpg

stock-photo-take-a-bow-2846568.jpg

Another awesome episode. I loved that they played the superhero angle. I've been thinking about this as a superhero show for a while now.

Skynet apparently only gets the numbers of people in trouble in New York?

If I'm to understand it correctly Finch's BETA was set up around Manhattan and the greater New York area, but never made it full fledged because of the reason they mysteriously shut it down. The only thing that they retained was the social security numbers based on the intel of it still running, all the legwork then has to be done by Finch and Reese. The machine itself is tapped into all major cameras, anything attached via Wi-Fi and most of the government's databanks from the permissions they received when building that Finch created backdoors for. It would/could pull numbers from around the world but in reality what good would it do as Finch and Reese are located in the New York and couldn't do anything about other areas without compromising themselves.

Another awesome episode. I loved that they played the superhero angle. I've been thinking about this as a superhero show for a while now.

This is totally the closest thing we'll get to a Nolan Batman television show.

Reese = Bruce/Batman
Finch = Alfred/Lucius Fox
Carter = Jim Gordon
Fusco = Harvey Bullock
Zoe Morgan = Selina Kyle

He is even dealing with the mob and corruption throughout. Even the speech that Reese gave Darren (Astro) was the same you'd hear Bruce telling one of his Robins. Finch is just the billionaire. Hell even Reese's voice changes when he is speaking kindly to a "client" and goes back to his standard rasp otherwise more similar to the way the Animated series did it where Bruce was the fake voice than the Nolan incarnations. Even Finch's system itself could be paralleled to the Brother Eye that Batman created in the DCU. It's obvious that if not specifically stated that Jonathan Nolan definitely used the Batman mythology as his basis and maybe even some parts that were originally intended to be used in the Nolan films found their way here.

As for "Root"

Spoiler Spoiler:

Indeed.

And is it wrong that I like Elias?

The answer is no. :lol

Just caught up on the last 2 episodes.

Elias is the type of guy who could break you down without ever losing his temper or using profanity. The cool, calculating folks are the scary ones.

Last edited:
Back