Post about another new person

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rothrockbc

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey, my names Bethani. Obviously a collector of things. How I ended up here is a long story so to shorten it I lost my person, collector buddy, my walking nerd encyclopedia to suicide in October. We were always sharing new finds or trading with each other and he would tell me all the specs and history on my findings.. through grief and searching to fill that part of my void I found that I was pretty alone, then remembered the internet ha! So here I am, another new person, what’s up

Hey, my names Bethani. Obviously a collector of things. How I ended up here is a long story so to shorten it I lost my person, collector buddy, my walking nerd encyclopedia to suicide in October. We were always sharing new finds or trading with each other and he would tell me all the specs and history on my findings.. through grief and searching to fill that part of my void I found that I was pretty alone, then remembered the internet ha! So here I am, another new person, what’s up
While I’m at it.. I’m going through his house that has been wrecked and I keep finding things usually broken but anyway.. where would I put things like .. ‘I found some cool stuff (Maybe, maybe junk) and want input on if it’s cool or junk .. like today I found ….

Attachments

• 390ED47A-1D62-4E2A-A5BA-86B9AC693DD9.jpeg
    390ED47A-1D62-4E2A-A5BA-86B9AC693DD9.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
First of all, I'm sorry for your loss.

Secondly, I'm fairly sure the stuff in your pic is just "junk." The buff Luke Skywalker figure is for sure junk....everyone and their brother bought about 6 of them back in 1995 hoping they'd strike it rich someday. Maybe that rubber Batman has some value cause it looks old. I'm just saying it probably has no monetary value, but surely the sentimental value it has to you makes it not just "junk." Maybe if you keep it, it'll remind you of your friend when you see it.

And finally, I saw your thread on the Nirvana backstage pass. Very cool. At first I didn't understand the design, but it's deodorant. Smells like teen spirit? I see it's in a plastic case, but can you tell what material it is? If it's just paper, it might be hard to prove the authenticity, but if it's a thin "canvasy" material (almost like an old iron-on sheet for T-shirts) and it had adhesive on the back, then it's easier to prove it's legitimate. I have a few from the 90s when I was lucky enough to get passes to some shows, but not as desirable as a Nirvana pass.

First of all, I'm sorry for your loss.

Secondly, I'm fairly sure the stuff in your pic is just "junk." The buff Luke Skywalker figure is for sure junk....everyone and their brother bought about 6 of them back in 1995 hoping they'd strike it rich someday. Maybe that rubber Batman has some value cause it looks old. I'm just saying it probably has no monetary value, but surely the sentimental value it has to you makes it not just "junk." Maybe if you keep it, it'll remind you of your friend when you see it.

And finally, I saw your thread on the Nirvana backstage pass. Very cool. At first I didn't understand the design, but it's deodorant. Smells like teen spirit? I see it's in a plastic case, but can you tell what material it is? If it's just paper, it might be hard to prove the authenticity, but if it's a thin "canvasy" material (almost like an old iron-on sheet for T-shirts) and it had adhesive on the back, then it's easier to prove it's legitimate. I have a few from the 90s when I was lucky enough to get passes to some shows, but not as desirable as a Nirvana pass
Holy roidraggedskywalker THANK YOU.. not only for the super helpful information but also for the effort and kindness you put into explaining that junk pile.. it does have an adhesive back... The front is shiny though.. but its thicker than just a sticker would be.. it is not like a threaded canvas material.. Ugh since i thought he lost it i never asked if he actually got it from concert or somewhere eles. . This helped alot .. feeling a little less lost after reading that

Sorry to hear about your bud, that's terrible. We have nothing short of walking (or sitting) encyclopedic needs in this place! Although... they complain more than give knowledge. Personally, I always try to impart humor or wisdom. I agree with otomofan up there about the items. That Batman looks like it was part of a motorcycle toy.

Welcome to the forum my friend. Drop me a PM if you ever wish to talk about everything and nothing.

Last edited:
Back