Palpatine 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my favorite image. It makes him look like the Grim Reaper or something.

2955_press07-001.jpg

really looks SO life-like. awesome job SS. what's that i hear...? an emperor PF around the corner..?

IF I was into 1:1 pieces, I'd be all over this one. The likeness is excellent. Really nice piece.

I suppose I could always get it to balance out the force in my collection as I've got the 1:1 Yoda... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....:cool:

:rotfl

The screen on the computer I am using right now is so dark that only the nose and chin (little bit of lip) is visable. It think that would have made an excellent preview/sneak peek.

That's the trouble though, if you go too dark, on some computers it would be pitch black, they have to go with something that'll be ok no matter how someone's monitor is setup.

Looks great, I hope we see more human characters now.

Wow, that's three homers in a row for the Star Wars line with the Anakin PF , the Duel of the Fates dio and now this one...which I believe is more than just a mere homer...it's a grand slam! :monkey5

Is there a chance that the hood wont be fully removable?

I don't think it is fully removable, they would have posted some hoodless pictures if that was the case. It makes sense we never see him without the hood and I think it might be attached to the middle of the top of the head so the front to the middle of the head can be adjusted and moved around but you won't be able to completely remove the hood from the head.

I don't think it is fully removable, they would have posted some hoodless pictures if that was the case. It makes sense we never see him without the hood and I think it might be attached to the middle of the top of the head so the front to the middle of the head can be adjusted and moved around but you won't be able to completely remove the hood from the head.

I think that we never see beyond what's shown of his face in ROTJ, that's why they haven't shown it on the bust, but I'm sure they used details from ROTS to complete the bust, though it could just be a smooth generic head past what we see in the pictures. In either case, they'd be doing the piece and collectors injustice making the hood secured to the head, it limits the piece to one look and if they leave it unattached, we'll see a nice arrangment of different "poses" to the hood from various collectors. I already have a particular look I want the hood to have on him and it's not what's seen in the pictures.

This looks amazing. I initially was opposed to human characters in 1:1 scale but this will be a definite exception. My guess is they won't fully sculpt and paint his entire head, but it would be cool if they gave it a shot.

Back