Palpatine 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, what an amazing-looking bust. If Sideshow makes an Emperor PF, I hope it comes out looking this good.

I wish I was not between acting jobs at the moment (my show closes on Feb 9th), or I'd definitely order this. Someday....

I think that we never see beyond what's shown of his face in ROTJ, that's why they haven't shown it on the bust, but I'm sure they used details from ROTS to complete the bust, though it could just be a smooth generic head past what we see in the pictures. In either case, they'd be doing the piece and collectors injustice making the hood secured to the head, it limits the piece to one look and if they leave it unattached, we'll see a nice arrangment of different "poses" to the hood from various collectors. I already have a particular look I want the hood to have on him and it's not what's seen in the pictures.

You may be correct, I just don't think there is anything sculpted past what we see, if there was more detail under the hood they would showcase it to us. Maybe someone should send an email to Sideshow to find out.

You may be correct, I just don't think there is anything sculpted past what we see, if there was more detail under the hood they would showcase it to us. Maybe someone should send an email to Sideshow to find out.

Good idea, I'm on it, I'll get the 411.

This one is indeed very striking. I love the Emperors look in ROTJ so I am very glad they went that route. Excellent work Sideshow. :bow

I would order, but 2Q is way too soon so there's no way I could afford it if it actually shipped during that time.

me too... if it was later in the year i'd definitely be down for it. but considering it might actually ship this quarter i will have to wait and see how much i get on my tax return... and of course if i get palpatine i HAVE to get the darth maul bust to complete the sith collection.

This was a definite order until I read Q2. Not to mention that in the SSC Newsletter it states that the CftBL PF will be hitting in April....Hopefully when an Emperor PF is done it'll look this good and I can get that...

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=4239

012408palpyct1.jpg

It would be nice to see Vader/Anakin next.:monkey1

am I the only one who was a tad dissapointed when first seeing this? Dont get me wrong - I would be proud to own one, but I dont get where people are coming from saying its better than the Maul... something is off about to me, whereas the Maul seemed dead on... I dont know, just my thoughts

Just went down to have a look at the finished bust... man, it's awesome!! The fabric is so cool... anyway, the hood IS removable and the bust is fully sculpted underneath. But he looks like a crazy old grampa without it, so that's probably why they didn't take photos without... you never see him in ROTJ without it, and it most definitely gives him a more menacing air. But just wanted to reassure you that you'll be able to pose the hood however you choose :duff

Just went down to have a look at the finished bust... man, it's awesome!! The fabric is so cool... anyway, the hood IS removable and the bust is fully sculpted underneath. But he looks like a crazy old grampa without it, so that's probably why they didn't take photos without... you never see him in ROTJ without it, and it most definitely gives him a more menacing air. But just wanted to reassure you that you'll be able to pose the hood however you choose :duff

Thank you SO much Dusty, you guys really rocked on this one, he's so evil, makes Maul look semi-evil, the diet coke of evil, just one calorie, not evil enough :)

Come on Q2 :D :rock

am I the only one who was a tad dissapointed when first seeing this? Dont get me wrong - I would be proud to own one, but I dont get where people are coming from saying its better than the Maul... something is off about to me, whereas the Maul seemed on... I dont know, just my thoughts

I don't know if I am as dissapointed as you appear to be, but I would have preferred a straight-on pose; though I do hand it to Sideshow for originality.

:emperor

Part of me agrees, a straigh on pose would have matched the rest of them better, but, this pose allows a front view to show off more of his face, and since to capture his look from the film, his hood needs to be up, it allows you to not lose the details of his face behind the hood or in the shadows. Very cool, can't wait.

2955_press04-001.jpg

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

The pose will allow him to sit better in my display case along with Maul and the MR Vader helmet!

Part of me agrees, a straigh on pose would have matched the rest of them better, but, this pose allows a front view to show off more of his face, and since to capture his look from the film, his hood needs to be up, it allows you to not lose the details of his face behind the hood or in the shadows. Very cool, can't wait.

2955_press04-001.jpg

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

The bust is awesome,I like it better than the Maul bust.And the fabric.. is so choice.

Back