Flash Point Studio FP-22170B 1/6 Scale Princess Atlantis

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine turned up. It's better than I thought it would be, probably my expectations lowered after hearing about it.

I'd say the quality is on par with the Joker and Deathstroke. I think this comes off worse purely because of the hair. I'd say getting it to look just like the promo is just time and effort with posing and lighting.

The chest is way too big from the side.

I can see why Alatar didn't have the headpiece strap under the hair. What an absolute pain it is.

The trident is about 30mm too long but the way they have made it makes it quite easy to shorten.

One of the most underwhelming parts of it is how they phoned the cape in.

I wish I could remember where I put those fuel cans I got.

I might change the hair to sculpted.

PXL_20240126_101832505.PORTRAIT.jpg

Mine turned up. It's better than I thought it would be, probably my expectations lowered after hearing about it.

I'd say the quality is on par with the Joker and Deathstroke. I think this comes off worse purely because of the hair. I'd say getting it to look just like the promo is just time and effort with posing and lighting.

I can see why Alatar didn't have the headpiece strap under the hair. What an absolute pain it is.

The trident is about 30mm too long but the way they have made it makes it quite easy to shorten.

View attachment 685658
Looks good from this angle! Wish they made hair slightly longer tho.

Would you say it was longer in the movie? If you pull it straight it does come down to her elbows.

I forgot to say, it's nice to finally have a Snyderverse accurate Atlan Trident.

Would you say it was longer in the movie? If you pull it straight it does come down to her elbows.

I forgot to say, it's nice to finally have a Snyderverse accurate Atlan Trident.
I believe Snyder version has a longer hair especially in Knightmare scene. Styling it properly would improve the likeness as those big curls look too dolly. I might boil wash the hair to get rid of curls but need to see the hair quality first.

I believe Snyder version has a longer hair especially in Knightmare scene. Styling it properly would improve the likeness as those big curls look too dolly. I might boil wash the hair to get rid of curls but need to see the hair quality first.
I'd say it's pretty accurate length

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-vfuaG1kd1JH4DVX.jpeg

I'd say it's pretty accurate length

View attachment 685671
As I remember hair is longer behind, idk where I have seen it but I have seen it. Maybe in BTS footage. Either way figure doesn't look bad at all, or I'm blinded by the hype as I love Mera and I think Amber looks great as her.
Taking curls away definitely gonna make hair look longer. From the angle you took the picture even likeness looks way better, so I'm sure I'll love her in person more. Is the hair soft or does it have a plastic feel?

View attachment 685658
Yes, my Version A arrived and it's actually better than I was expecting after seeing Alatar's feedback. I agree on the chest looking too large from the side as well as the headpiece strap being annoying. Taking the head off, pulling her hair back and working the strap over her ears from the bottom seems the best approach but as the strap doesn't look all that robust it's a bit nerve racking.

The Trident is almost identical in length to the one the JL Aquaman came with so I may just swap the two. The shaft is much thinner on that trident and will probably look less ridiculous in her tiny hand. Plus I plan to use a flight stand with her (so she looks like she's floating underwater lol) which should also help disguise the length issue. I was thinking this gold one may look proportionately off if shortened due to the large span of the trident's tines, which unfortunately can't be reduced in kind.

My Version B arrives today, at which point I'll determine what hair/suit combo I'll go with for my main display. Definitely going with the Version B hair color but not sure about the suit. I'm not going for her Knightmare look so I'm not too bothered by the crappy cape (assuming it's not a pain to remove). Hopefully you can modify or replace it to suit your needs.

As I remember hair is longer behind, idk where I have seen it but I have seen it. Maybe in BTS footage. Either way figure doesn't look bad at all, or I'm blinded by the hype as I love Mera and I think Amber looks great as her.
Taking curls away definitely gonna make hair look longer. From the angle you took the picture even likeness looks way better, so I'm sure I'll love her in person more. Is the hair soft or does it have a plastic feel?
Can you advise on the exact process for boil washing the hair please?
The hair does have a cheap feel to it. Possibly cheaper than the first Wonder Woman's hair.

Yes, my Version A arrived and it's actually better than I was expecting after seeing Alatar's feedback. I agree on the chest looking too large from the side as well as the headpiece strap being annoying. Taking the head off, pulling her hair back and working the strap over her ears from the bottom seems the best approach but as the strap doesn't look all that robust it's a bit nerve racking.

The Trident is almost identical in length to the one the JL Aquaman came with so I may just swap the two. The shaft is much thinner on that trident and will probably look less ridiculous in her tiny hand. Plus I plan to use a flight stand with her (so she looks like she's floating underwater lol) which should also help disguise the length issue. I was thinking this gold one may look proportionately off if shortened due to the large span of the trident's tines, which unfortunately can't be reduced in kind.

My Version B arrives today, at which point I'll determine what hair/suit combo I'll go with for my main display. Definitely going with the Version B hair color but not sure about the suit. I'm not going for her Knightmare look so I'm not too bothered by the crappy cape (assuming it's not a pain to remove). Hopefully you can modify or replace it to suit your needs.
Do you mean the trident from the Aquaman movie? Or you giving her the 5 tine one?

The attachment of the cape is actually pretty good. It uses magnets and pulls off and reattaches very easily.

Can you advise on the exact process for boil washing the hair please?
The hair does have a cheap feel to it. Possibly cheaper than the first Wonder Woman's hair.
This is a boil washing doll hair restoration process. Just try on the small segment behind to avoid the damage as we don’t know what kind of hair they used. There are many videos on YouTube so go through them. I used that technique on some vintage dolls and it worked perfectly. This Barbie in the video has a similar messy hair as Mera

Do you mean the trident from the Aquaman movie? Or you giving her the 5 tine one?

The attachment of the cape is actually pretty good. It uses magnets and pulls off and reattaches very easily.
I was referring to the 5 tine version (technically not a trident) so I understand the confusion. My bad lol. That was actually Atlanna's weapon given to him by Mera that he used in JL, correct? I also have a spare Proxima Midnight spear which might work with her as well.

Good to know the cape removal won't be an issue.

I guess I'm the only one who got ver.A (red hair)?
It's not that bad. but the head sculpt is only 30% of prototype. And the spear is huge!
I'll try repaint the head a little over the weekend.
View attachment 685340

View attachment 685341

View attachment 685342

View attachment 685343
I also picked up Version A. I think it looks vastly superior to the Knightmare (B) Version. It came out fine for what it is. Now I have a somewhat, comic accurate Mera. No need for another.

I'm still working on final poses, but here's a quick shot of Mera with Aquaman (and yes, I'm way overdue for a new phone lol). I put the Version B head on the Version A body and swapped weapons with Aquaman. I had to go forage for my JL Aquaman box to find another gripping hand as that gold trident is way too heavy for him to hold one-handed. I think Mera looks a lot less ridiculous with Atlanna's spear, especially when "floating" like this.

Mera_Aquaman.jpeg

This is a boil washing doll hair restoration process. Just try on the small segment behind to avoid the damage as we don’t know what kind of hair they used. There are many videos on YouTube so go through them. I used that technique on some vintage dolls and it worked perfectly. This Barbie in the video has a similar messy hair as Mera

Thanks for that! Might give that a try. Looking forward to the faces my wife is going to pull.

I was referring to the 5 tine version (technically not a trident) so I understand the confusion. My bad lol. That was actually Atlanna's weapon given to him by Mera that he used in JL, correct? I also have a spare Proxima Midnight spear which might work with her as well.

Good to know the cape removal won't be an issue.
Yeah that is correct. The reason I thought you meant the other one is because we don't see her using Atlanna's weapon but your setup could have a different goal than mine. I still end up calling it a trident anyway.

I managed to crack a rib at the weekend so my work on this has stalled. I did manage to shorten the trident. It was 27mm longer than the JL Quindent.
It does look a bit chunkier than it should be and it doesn't help that I think the JL is scrawnier than it should be.

At least it will fit in my shelves standing up now without an issue.

PXL_20240131_141732699.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
PXL_20240131_145940473.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

I managed to crack a rib at the weekend so my work on this has stalled. I did manage to shorten the trident. It was 27mm longer than the JL Quindent.
It does look a bit chunkier than it should be and it doesn't help that I think the JL is scrawnier than it should be.

At least it will fit in my shelves standing up now without an issue.

View attachment 686586View attachment 686585
Sorry about your injury, sounds very painful.

The shortened trident looks a lot better.

Back