Ok I'm pissed off at sideshow! Wtf is going on????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a replacement hand for HT Bespin Luke sent to me from SSC. I didn't have to twist any arms or anything. SSC CS is pretty awesome in my experience.

I'm not in the customer service department, so I do not have access to order numbers or replacement part inquiries. A customer service rep would be able to give you all that information though tomorrow (or when you do call in). :)

Alex I think you need to update your signature :lol

Just to point out that the crux of the issue (no return option) from the OP has been dispelled.

Ok everyone, I know I can do what I want but today I got a response to a few broken statues that came damage. They now do not offer replacements even for broken little arms, weapons, base chips, etc. My only option is to take a small refund and keep the broken or damage statue. They recommend me use glue to glue it back together. There's not even a return option? Wtf? I mean so when I get something damage or broken I now have to keep it? Im a collector who does not like broken off parts. I mean these are easily replaced such as a small attachment part. I'm not even asking for a replacement of the big statue. Just a replacement hair piece and a broken sword tip. I really hate this new policy. I was ok as long as I get a new replacement broken part or accessories. Even a scratch, rhinos bubbles, etc I can live with. I love these statues. But I just do not want to be stuck with no options and how can there be no replacement for a tiny accessory for a statue that is still for sale and not even close to selling out? I'm really angry at this new policy. This is a great hobby, expensive but fun. I've spent close to 90k on SS products in less than a year now and this is the thanks I get? I'm not even trying to ask for a full statue replacement so that they don't have to cover the weight of the big shipping item. I just want a small hair piece and a sword! How can this be SS? There's plenty out there right now and these have been just released. Why???? Do you even care about loyal customers spending so much on your statues? Again I am not even asking for much. I just want the tiny replacement part which came broken off completely. It would be only a few dollars for shipping and I know they have plenty of parts for this. It's just so sad to say no like this for something so simple. Looks like all the money I spent and all my PO which is a massive long list right now didn't mean anything. It's such a shame. I love this hobby. But if I cannot get new replacements for broken simple accessories it will be a 50/50 chance of getting a broken statue with no replacement. Again it's something so simple but they do not want to do it. If this is the case I do not know how I can collect any longer. I do not want a collection of statues with chip parts, broken swords, etc. This is just not right for something so expensive, just released and they decide to not replace it. Now both the emails I got did not even say there's an option to return it anymore for a full refund. SS I really love your statues. But if this is the new policy I must stop collecting. I just hate this no replacement policy. It's just unfair to the buyers. Im just venting over these emails I got from them. I guess I will call them tomorrow. If they say I must keep them. I will, most likely sell off my collection and be done with it. It's just not worth all the headaches and this new no replacement policy is the last straw. :mad: I do wish everyone here the best and I do hope SS changes their policy on the no replacement on new release items. I just don't get how a company like them who have grown so much cannot replace a tiny new part. So hey all my sales lists might be update with many items soon. :(

Just to be clear... this is not true. As is being corrected here. There is a return policy; you might not always be able to get a replacement... but you will at least get your money back and not be charged for shipping.

Still says so on the website and is clarified here by Sideshow Alex.

Items bought directly through Sideshow can be returned for a refund within the 30 day period in which you receive a piece. This means if you get a piece and do not like or a replacement of a damaged piece is not made available to you then you CAN return it for a refund within 30 days. Please do call our customer service department tomorrow to clear up concerns or questions you may have. Many apologies the option of return was not included in your email. I will look into that omission upon return to work tomorrow. :)

-SideshowAlex

Certainly an oversight that the emails did not list return as an option, but that doesn't mean it isn't. But now half the posters here seem to think a policy change is now in place that isn't :lol

Sounds like you have to buy 2 and eat the NRD on a return if you want to increase your chances at getting everything to arrive without damage.

LOL. 90k. Its always funny to see something like this where I'm not sure I should feel envious or sympathy.

90k would almost pay off my house. I think my lifetime spending on SSC is probably only 9k and I sometimes feel GUILTY about that, like I could have done something a lot more positive or meaningful with it. 90K. Not sure I'd feel very well.

Sideshow has been pretty great so far. The only time I can see them putting a stop on so many replacements or returns is if it's from people who find the smallest things ALL the time. Let's say jack calls in about every single statue for a replacement/return for something or other. Maybe their way of stopping business is to stop helping them out.

Not saying they do this, but it could happen.

Received a damaged C-3PO. Emailed last week. Nadda. Emailed again today. I'll resend that damned email every single day until I get a response. Calling is a bit difficult for me given the time difference.

Thing is, all I need to know is if I can get a replacement or refund. If it's the latter, fine, I'll order from someplace else - but the stores I'll be considering are very low on stock. So hurry the f* up Sideshow. Please.

Sideshow has been pretty great so far. The only time I can see them putting a stop on so many replacements or returns is if it's from people who find the smallest things ALL the time. Let's say jack calls in about every single statue for a replacement/return for something or other. Maybe their way of stopping business is to stop helping them out.

Not saying they do this, but it could happen.

I was having a great run of good luck on my pieces, I was getting at least 1 a month, than when the black cat pf, she hulk pf, ms marvel pf came within a couple days (had 2 others) all three of the ladies had issues, ever since then it has been 1 out of every 3 have some kind of issue. I am pretty good at fixing up pieces that have issues, but I don't think I should have to, and it just bugs me after awhile, unless I get a decent credit, but 80% of the time I never get to it because I have other things I am doing, I don't think anyone shopuld have to pay retail if something is damaged, otherwise we would expect that from the same people on ebay, instead we expect full disclosure prior to buying, which is why I almost never have problems buying from people. But for others that are stuck in the situation, it sucks, a few years ago I was (just in the past 2 years I learned to paint and fix statues). I would think by now SS would have a nice back up plan with most pieces and have plenty of replacements available, they know it is going to happen, so why not be prepared and spend the extra couple dollars on making a new one for possible replacement, over a $35+ credit, seems like a much bigger hit to me, resin is cheap, and when they get it done over in china, it most likely wouldn't amount to much.

Why do I feel all these stories where the customer service was good happened like what... 6 years ago? ... I don't get this kind of service lately. I get a crappy partial refund or the option to return it. I don't want a refund or return I want a statue that is not broken. If you cant do that then let someone else take the license next time. I am waiting months for replacement on the Elder predator when there are plenty in stock. They told me late march or early april months ago. Next monday is the middle of april and I doubt they are contacting me today.

:exactly::goodpost::clap

Sounds like you have to buy 2 and eat the NRD on a return if you want to increase your chances at getting everything to arrive without damage.

No you can't order two with one account. Lol otherwise I would.

Just to point out that the crux of the issue (no return option) from the OP has been dispelled.

Just to be clear... this is not true. As is being corrected here. There is a return policy; you might not always be able to get a replacement... but you will at least get your money back and not be charged for shipping.

Still says so on the website and is clarified here by Sideshow Alex.

Certainly an oversight that the emails did not list return as an option, but that doesn't mean it isn't. But now half the posters here seem to think a policy change is now in place that isn't :lol

Agreed. Thanks for clearing it up.

most people are being douches and rude. But the gifs are hilarious.

The similar thread at sf is much more fun.

:lol yeah this gifs are so funny, roll with it! One thing for sure is some of those made me laugh so hard. It brighten the day up a bit.

I was having a great run of good luck on my pieces, I was getting at least 1 a month, than when the black cat pf, she hulk pf, ms marvel pf came within a couple days (had 2 others) all three of the ladies had issues, ever since then it has been 1 out of every 3 have some kind of issue. I am pretty good at fixing up pieces that have issues, but I don't think I should have to, and it just bugs me after awhile, unless I get a decent credit, but 80% of the time I never get to it because I have other things I am doing, I don't think anyone shopuld have to pay retail if something is damaged, otherwise we would expect that from the same people on ebay, instead we expect full disclosure prior to buying, which is why I almost never have problems buying from people. But for others that are stuck in the situation, it sucks, a few years ago I was (just in the past 2 years I learned to paint and fix statues). I would think by now SS would have a nice back up plan with most pieces and have plenty of replacements available, they know it is going to happen, so why not be prepared and spend the extra couple dollars on making a new one for possible replacement, over a $35+ credit, seems like a much bigger hit to me, resin is cheap, and when they get it done over in china, it most likely wouldn't amount to much.

Yes I don't get it either. They can easily do it. It's better than losing out on customers. Unless they are getting so many buyers on the WL which they don't need mine or anyone else's business. This is how I see it from them. Shame but oh well there's nothing any of us can do about it. I do really appreciate SSalex for at least replying back. I will see what SS says on Monday.

Sideshow's QC has become a major problem. I been collecting long time. And I think I'm done. This past year I had to send alot of stuff back. I'm OK with minor flaws, but I been getting Broken and beat to hell stuff.

I recently put in for 3 replacements. One is the C3PO Lifesized Bust. Which had a scratch along his face. I doubt I'll get a replacement. So there goes my SW Bust line being completed. So I think I'll finish off the Mythos line and be done.

The joy of opening a SS statue is gone. There's always a problem. Put that together with NRD, Open and High Edition Sizes, High Prices. My collecting days are over.

Although if they do replace my C3PO, I'll reconsider.

h852784D0

Sideshow's QC has become a major problem. I been collecting long time. And I think I'm done. This past year I had to send alot of stuff back. I'm OK with minor flaws, but I been getting Broken and beat to hell stuff.

I recently put in for 3 replacements. One is the C3PO Lifesized Bust. Which had a scratch along his face. I doubt I'll get a replacement. So there goes my SW Bust line being completed. So I think I'll finish off the Mythos line and be done.

The joy of opening a SS statue is gone. There's always a problem. Put that together with NRD, Open and High Edition Sizes, High Prices. My collecting days are over.

Although if they do replace my C3PO, I'll reconsider.

Yes I agree sometimes it's so simple to replace something so minor. I just don't get why SS prefer to miss out on all your current and future PO over a replacement. Sad to hear, but yes opening a new statue now is not the same. The worries begin over the excitement. :(

I will call them tomorrow but it's not an option anymore on my response email to both my broken new statues. Btw I only had about 5 returns in the entire year or less.

Sorry, we don't know the whole story of course - but you had 5 returns out of how many items shipped? If it was 5 I can see why this policy may be specific to you.

Sorry, we don't know the whole story of course - but you had 5 returns out of how many items shipped? If it was 5 I can see why this policy may be specific to you.

It's 5 returns in a years time of ordering from SS. So I don't know why that would cause them to do anything different?

It's 5 returns in a years time of ordering from SS. So I don't know why that would cause them to do anything different?

I think Dave is referring to what BuffyGirl stated...

The only time I can see them putting a stop on so many replacements or returns is if it's from people who find the smallest things ALL the time. Let's say jack calls in about every single statue for a replacement/return for something or other. Maybe their way of stopping business is to stop helping them out.

We've all seen some collectors do this with the most minuscule issue(s).

Back