Ok I'm pissed off at sideshow! Wtf is going on????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

comicbookguy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok everyone, I know I can do what I want but today I got a response to a few broken statues that came damage. They now do not offer replacements even for broken little arms, weapons, base chips, etc. My only option is to take a small refund and keep the broken or damage statue. They recommend me use glue to glue it back together. There's not even a return option? Wtf? I mean so when I get something damage or broken I now have to keep it? Im a collector who does not like broken off parts. I mean these are easily replaced such as a small attachment part. I'm not even asking for a replacement of the big statue. Just a replacement hair piece and a broken sword tip. I really hate this new policy. I was ok as long as I get a new replacement broken part or accessories. Even a scratch, rhinos bubbles, etc I can live with. I love these statues. But I just do not want to be stuck with no options and how can there be no replacement for a tiny accessory for a statue that is still for sale and not even close to selling out? I'm really angry at this new policy. This is a great hobby, expensive but fun. I've spent close to 90k on SS products in less than a year now and this is the thanks I get? I'm not even trying to ask for a full statue replacement so that they don't have to cover the weight of the big shipping item. I just want a small hair piece and a sword! How can this be SS? There's plenty out there right now and these have been just released. Why???? Do you even care about loyal customers spending so much on your statues? Again I am not even asking for much. I just want the tiny replacement part which came broken off completely. It would be only a few dollars for shipping and I know they have plenty of parts for this. It's just so sad to say no like this for something so simple. Looks like all the money I spent and all my PO which is a massive long list right now didn't mean anything. It's such a shame. I love this hobby. But if I cannot get new replacements for broken simple accessories it will be a 50/50 chance of getting a broken statue with no replacement. Again it's something so simple but they do not want to do it. If this is the case I do not know how I can collect any longer. I do not want a collection of statues with chip parts, broken swords, etc. This is just not right for something so expensive, just released and they decide to not replace it. Now both the emails I got did not even say there's an option to return it anymore for a full refund. SS I really love your statues. But if this is the new policy I must stop collecting. I just hate this no replacement policy. It's just unfair to the buyers. Im just venting over these emails I got from them. I guess I will call them tomorrow. If they say I must keep them. I will, most likely sell off my collection and be done with it. It's just not worth all the headaches and this new no replacement policy is the last straw. :mad: I do wish everyone here the best and I do hope SS changes their policy on the no replacement on new release items. I just don't get how a company like them who have grown so much cannot replace a tiny new part. So hey all my sales lists might be update with many items soon. :(

Last edited:
This is bs, most of the statue came with issue, and it's not out falut that shipper Damage the statue, if they really gonna do that, I don't think I able to order anything from them, cause I do know how to fix statue and I don't want to spend at least $300 and so their job.

If they don't replace my damaged item or offer a full refund, I'll be contacting my credit card company the next second and disputing the charge. I don't know why anyone else wouldn't do the exact same thing.

They won't even allow returns now? I'm about done ordering from SSC directly if that is the case. I know they have been on a downward slide re: customer service, but that's ridiculous. If something is damaged they should take it back and the cost should be on them, period.

They won't even allow returns now? I'm about done ordering from SSC directly if that is the case. I know they have been on a downward slide re: customer service, but that's ridiculous. If something is damaged they should take it back and the cost should be on them, period.

I will call them tomorrow but it's not an option anymore on my response email to both my broken new statues. Btw I only had about 5 returns in the entire year or less.

It's about time SSC does it I suppose, as they cannot sustain (economically) the current frequent exchanges and destroying of parts, cost has to come from somewhere... (price hike ... etc)

I would call, I am pretty sure they will take it back. I know from experience that they do not give you all the options in an email.

90k in a year!? :thud: I think they would do anything and everything to keep you as a customer.

Just now I got a email from them regarding the ht joker, they did the same thing, ask me to get $10 on credit card or to next item I po. No other option.

Whatever happened to Sideshow's 30-day satisfaction guarantee? :huh

I will call them first before I post their reply. Btw the 90k includes all my after market statues in my collection. Oh well I better be prepare to have a sale! I don't think they will offer me a replacement. Return I will ask them tomorrow.

Whatever happened to Sideshow's 30-day satisfaction guarantee? :huh

it cuts into their profits. that's why i only order the desirable SS exclusives from them anymore. everything else is from a retailer for less.

Just now I got a email from them regarding the ht joker, they did the same thing, ask me to get $10 on credit card or to next item I po. No other option.

I received the same email, I called them and problem was solved. You really have to call them to get anything taken care of.

I just pulled this off their site. I expect there will be no issue getting a full refund (including return shipping). Their email wording is obviously very lacking.

30 day return/exchange policy (Product Guarantee)

We guarantee that every item we sell directly will give you complete satisfaction or you may return it for a replacement or for a refund of the purchase price* (US$), within 30 days of receipt of the item. WE STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU OPEN ALL MERCHANDISE UPON RECEIPT TO INSPECT IT IN ORDER TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS POLICY.

We have a Wholesale Department, which provides service to direct dealers, as these vendors are responsible to assist their direct customers with returns/replacements.

If you purchased our product from a retailer and would like to return/replace the product click here.
If you purchased our product from an Ebay auction and would like to return/replace the product please click here.

If you purchased your item directly from Sideshow Collectibles:
Customers who purchased directly from Sideshow Collectibles should note that all returns/exchanges must be sent to us and received within 30 (THIRTY) days of the original delivery date of the product to you. The product must be returned in its original box/packaging in the same condition as it was sent to you. This means that the item must be returned intact with figures, accessories, bases, original packaging, outer shipment box as well as in a double boxed shipping carton, if this is how it was sent to you. Returned items that arrive with excessive damage due to improper packing may be assessed a damage product fee, of up to 10% of the product price.

Due to the limited edition nature of our product, we cannot guarantee that the item(s) can be replaced at the time of return or that damaged specific edition numbers can be replaced with the same number. In this case, we would offer a full refund of the purchase price (US$).

Sideshow Collectibles will not replace / exchange brown outer shipping cartons or base an exchange solely on the style of shipping carton you received. The shipping cartons are made to shield the item inside from damage during the shipping process and are not considered a part of the item’s packaging. Also, our warehouse and manufacturing facilities use different shipping box styles based on destination, product type, ordering lots, and availability. Therefore, you are not guaranteed to receive the same type of shipping carton on all orders.

We will pay the return shipping cost if the return / exchange is a result of our error such as a defect / damage or an error in filling your order. * If the purchase is being returned for any other reason than those previously stated, the buyer will be responsible for all shipping charges, including those to return the item(s) to us. Refunds will be the purchase price minus any applicable shipping charges.

If you need to begin the return/exchange process, please click here for instructions!

I just got a replacement hand for my black widow PF and I got the statue originally a while back. The returns dept definitely took their time but the replacement piece is on its way. I have my fingers crossed that it shows up in one piece.

:lecture

Calling is much better and faster, IMO. It's always worked for me anyway.

Agreed. Agreed.

That's the only way I've ever done it. Granted, I don't always get what I want, BUT...more times than not, I've felt satisfied with the results.

if they stopped making everything ***** and did QC right they wouldnt have to deal with us having to return the products that includes everything even the paint apps i expect to get the same paint as the original piece has ,i want what i ordered not some ebay reproduction that some guy did in his garage

Last edited by a moderator:
Back