Ok I'm pissed off at sideshow! Wtf is going on????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive never really had any issues with SS response times, and the staff have always been very helpful.

Ive had to ask for replacement parts a few times, mostly for Premium formats. I needed a replacement gargoyle for my Angel statue base, SS helped by sending a replacement, but it wasnt any good in fitting in either, so ended up offering a small refund, i thought that was fine.

But i have cut down a lot too for fear of always recieving damaged items, ive only gotten 2 premium formats this year. Dutch and Lady Death. I had to get a replacement ex head for dutch due to googly eyes, wasnt a big issue replacement came in timely fashion, Lady death arrived with a dirty/paint blobbed nose, but i honestly couldnt be bothered chasing a replacement.

If replacement offers have really stopped, then QC really needs to be improved i think, especially if prices for these expensive statues just keep going up and up.

Its difficult to return a whole statue from Australia. So thats not really an option unless SS is paying for its return postage.

Sideshows response time is horrendous. I get quick replies from Hollywood Collectibles and they respond like an hour later. I had one item broken from them and they immediately took care of me. They had UPS come pick it up the next day directly from my house without me even bothering on waiting on a return label and having me drive to the post office to ship it out, as well as HCG sending out a replacement once UPS registered in the system that UPS had picked up the damaged product. Now that is top notch customer service.

This is so true. You should not have to wait for a week, on average, just to get an initial email response. That would be seen as completely unacceptable by 99% of companies out there, let alone ones dealing in high cost luxury items.

Thanks bro again, you've been one of the best guys on this site. :1-1:

Thanks, CBG, I appreciate the kind words. :duff

You've been a really cool Freak ever since you joined the board and despite all the razzing a lot of people, including me, have given you here and there you've taken it all in stride and stayed positive where others would have thrown a hissy fit.

I respect that about you. :hi5: :duff

I agree with everyone saying to call. Calling is the way to go for everything, returns, cancellations, replacements all of it.

Incorrect! :lecture The proper thing to do is post on an unnoficial forum and rant and rave. ;) :nana:

Sideshows response time is horrendous. I get quick replies from Hollywood Collectibles and they respond like an hour later...

You have to take into consideration the size of the company. Sideshow was much more customer friendly 10+ years ago when they weren't so large and famous. :lol Just use Spooktacular as an example, while still more than any other collectible manufacturer does, it pales in comparison to what it used to be.

Also, I can't speak for anyone else but just today, I emailed Sideshow about an issue and I received a very satisfactory response within 10 minutes. That's pretty good if you ask me.

If it arrives damaged I know that most of the time (if not all of the time) the shipping fee will be incurred by Sideshow. Unless you're talking about import fees/taxes/etc. in that case I believe it's a whole different situation. Please always feel free to call customer service directly when you have an instance of a damaged piece you're returning and being charged shipping though to see if that truly has to be paid on your end or not. Typically I know we'll send return labels directly in cases of damaged pieces that need to be returned.

Thanks for clearing this up... I was scratching my head as I've never had an issue with CS if it was a Sideshow product. Only issue I've run into where no exchange was possible was on a HT figure, but I was given the option of a full refund or a partial refund.

This is so true. You should not have to wait for a week, on average, just to get an initial email response. That would be seen as completely unacceptable by 99% of companies out there, let alone ones dealing in high cost luxury items.
Sounds like calling is the way to go. I always went through their return processing system on the website, primarily because it's easier for me to do this at night than at day while I'm at work, but I also figured it would be preferable to Sideshow that everything be documented systematically. But from here on I'll probably just call. I have also heard that they are more likely to do what it takes to make you satisfied when you call vs. e-mail.

Sounds like calling is the way to go. I always went through their return processing system on the website, primarily because it's easier for me to do this at night than at day while I'm at work, but I also figured it would be preferable to Sideshow that everything be documented systematically. But from here on I'll probably just call. I have also heard that they are more likely to do what it takes to make you satisfied when you call vs. e-mail.

Had to work today. So I will call them Monday. I don't expect much. But we shall see. It's not that big of a deal anymore. Its not worth the so many hassles of broken statues anymore. Hey if you all want to have fun go to statue forums with the same title. They are hilarious. We are now just having fun with it. :rotfl even I started to join in. Lol might as well make the best of it.

The crappy new replacement policy has really dampened my like for SSC.

Before i was always secure knowing i'd end up with a good final product because if there was a problem i could get a replacement. Now not so much.

Any big issues on a statue and it's going back from now on.

Sideshows response time is horrendous. I get quick replies from Hollywood Collectibles and they respond like an hour later. I had one item broken from them and they immediately took care of me. They had UPS come pick it up the next day directly from my house without me even bothering on waiting on a return label and having me drive to the post office to ship it out, as well as HCG sending out a replacement once UPS registered in the system that UPS had picked up the damaged product. Now that is top notch customer service.

I would love to see some of these licenses go to HCG. Lets see what they can do! I'm buying their Terminator and Resident evil props and want more from them.!! I have all their predator stuff as well... theyr great!

Last edited:
If they don't replace my damaged item or offer a full refund, I'll be contacting my credit card company the next second and disputing the charge. I don't know why anyone else wouldn't do the exact same thing.

because you will never be able to buy another exclusive from sideshow again!!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=184

Reasons for Account Closure

Below are some of the top causes of account closure:

1) Invalid credit card registered in your account.
2) Second Party credit card registered within your account with out completing an authorization form. (Downloadable PDF format)
3) History of excessive credit card declines at time of processing.
4) History of excessive cancellations due to unresolved credit card declines.
4) Insufficient Funds for personal checks (U.S. accepted only).
5) Unpaid FlexPay cancellation fees or bounced check fees.
6) Consistently unacceptable customer behavior to our staff, which includes but is not limited to; hostility, yelling, name calling, foul language, bodily threats and harassing phone calls (multiple calls about the same subject to different reps in hopes of receiving different responses).
7) All accounts that have submitted charge backs are temporarily disabled, in order to avoid further billing and shipping issues, while charge disputes are being resolved.

Please note that Sideshow Collectibles reserves the right to close a client’s account at any time for any reason, including but not limited to those mentioned above. Any rewards within the closed account are forfeit as per the Terms and Conditions of the Rewards Program. Any pre-orders within the closed account will be canceled. Any NRDs will be refunded.

I'm guessing if your chargeback goes through, that disablement wont be temporary! Why else would this be mentioned in the account closure page.

Last edited:
Solution

Sideshow,stop making overpriced statues and focus entirely on 1/6 scale 12 inch figures from G.I.Joe,Starwars,DC,Walking Dead etc...and get the permission from Hasbro to do 12" Marvel (Comic) aswell

Focus on different product equals less statue breakage :)

The crappy new replacement policy has really dampened my like for SSC.

Before i was always secure knowing i'd end up with a good final product because if there was a problem i could get a replacement. Now not so much.

Any big issues on a statue and it's going back from now on.

Yeah it's got to a boiling point now. It makes collecting not fun anymore knowing its an up hill battle to get a simple replacement.

Well you deserve your own thread anyway CBG. :D

:rotfl yes on the bright side how many people gets their own thread with thousands of views in less than 2 days.

Why do I feel all these stories where the customer service was good happened like what... 6 years ago? ... I don't get this kind of service lately. I get a crappy partial refund or the option to return it. I don't want a refund or return I want a statue that is not broken. If you cant do that then let someone else take the license next time. I am waiting months for replacement on the Elder predator when there are plenty in stock. They told me late march or early april months ago. Next monday is the middle of april and I doubt they are contacting me today.

Last edited:

i just had my first real damage product issue last thursday with them. bought the HT dx bespin luke, the non battle damaged head sculpt had a large paint chip off the nose. called them immediately right after it came and i opened up and saw it. asked for pics....sent in pics within two minutes and then was told it would be forwarded to the returns department for a solution and said it would take 3-5 days. called again tuesday to get an update, was told to be patient and it would take 5-7 business days...lol. so i guess i shouldn't call anymore cause they might keep on adding more days that i have to wait everytime i call, lol. its friday and still no response. anywho, my first real experience with them ain't looking too good. i agree with what some of ya'll are saying, at least update us on statuses or something so we at least know what's going on instead of being left clueless.

because you will never be able to buy another exclusive from sideshow again!!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=184

Reasons for Account Closure

Below are some of the top causes of account closure:

1) Invalid credit card registered in your account.
2) Second Party credit card registered within your account with out completing an authorization form. (Downloadable PDF format)
3) History of excessive credit card declines at time of processing.
4) History of excessive cancellations due to unresolved credit card declines.
4) Insufficient Funds for personal checks (U.S. accepted only).
5) Unpaid FlexPay cancellation fees or bounced check fees.
6) Consistently unacceptable customer behavior to our staff, which includes but is not limited to; hostility, yelling, name calling, foul language, bodily threats and harassing phone calls (multiple calls about the same subject to different reps in hopes of receiving different responses).
7) All accounts that have submitted charge backs are temporarily disabled, in order to avoid further billing and shipping issues, while charge disputes are being resolved.

Please note that Sideshow Collectibles reserves the right to close a client’s account at any time for any reason, including but not limited to those mentioned above. Any rewards within the closed account are forfeit as per the Terms and Conditions of the Rewards Program. Any pre-orders within the closed account will be canceled. Any NRDs will be refunded.

I'm guessing if your chargeback goes through, that disablement wont be temporary! Why else would this be mentioned in the account closure page.

Well if they refuse to fix it, I don't think I would want to buy directly from them ever again anyway.

Why do I feel all these stories where the customer service was good happened like what... 6 years ago? ... I don't get this kind of service lately. I get a crappy partial refund or the option to return it. I don't want a refund or return I want a statue that is not broken. If you cant do that then let someone else take the license next time. I am waiting months for replacement on the Elder predator when there are plenty in stock. They told me late march or early april months ago. Next monday is the middle of april and I doubt they are contacting me today.

Mine happened last year. :wave

I bought like 30 statue within 2.1/2 years, and I did get around 5 damage statues, and all be taking care of it, so I was really surprise ss change the option of return/refund.

I don't see evidence that any policy change has occurred. Sideshow Alex has cleared up that the policy is the same and that CBG should be able to get a refund w/o having to pay for shipping if the item is damaged and unable to be replaced.

Just today I received an email confirming I would have a replacement piece sent out on a figure that was damaged when I opened it.

Mine happened last year. :wave

Back