Ok I'm pissed off at sideshow! Wtf is going on????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with everyone saying to call. Calling is the way to go for everything, returns, cancellations, replacements all of it.

The language filter is on for a reason, people.

I hope you get things resolved to your satisfaction, bro. :duff

Thanks bro again, you've been one of the best guys on this site. :1-1: Its ok if people want to have fun with this thread. I know they are on statue forums. I don't take anything personal. Hell maybe it's good to vent off some stress from all these bad news lately. It's only a hobby and that's it to me. I love this hobby but can't risk new broken statues in the future with only a small refund. I will decide what to do soon on collecting any further. Don't get me wrong I love it. Hope I still can, but this policy is just not to my liking.

Wonder how that works for people who pay with flex payments though on their credit cards since they have multiple payments on it.

Qft. In my experience too many statue collectors are OCD.

The fact that they have to add this to their guarantee policy":Sideshow Collectibles will not replace / exchange brown outer shipping cartons or base an exchange solely on the style of shipping carton you received. The shipping cartons are made to shield the item inside from damage during the shipping process and are not considered a part of the item’s packaging. Also, our warehouse and manufacturing facilities use different shipping box styles based on destination, product type, ordering lots, and availability. Therefore, you are not guaranteed to receive the same type of shipping carton on all orders." gives merit to your post.

Ok everyone, I know I can do what I want but today I got a response to a few broken statues that came damage. They now do not offer replacements even for broken little arms, weapons, base chips, etc. My only option is to take a small refund and keep the broken or damage statue. They recommend me use glue to glue it back together. There's not even a return option? Wtf? I mean so when I get something damage or broken I now have to keep it? Im a collector who does not like broken off parts. I mean these are easily replaced such as a small attachment part. I'm not even asking for a replacement of the big statue. Just a replacement hair piece and a broken sword tip. I really hate this new policy. I was ok as long as I get a new replacement broken part or accessories. Even a scratch, rhinos bubbles, etc I can live with. I love these statues. But I just do not want to be stuck with no options and how can there be no replacement for a tiny accessory for a statue that is still for sale and not even close to selling out? I'm really angry at this new policy. This is a great hobby, expensive but fun. I've spent close to 90k on SS products in less than a year now and this is the thanks I get? I'm not even trying to ask for a full statue replacement so that they don't have to cover the weight of the big shipping item. I just want a small hair piece and a sword! How can this be SS? There's plenty out there right now and these have been just released. Why???? Do you even care about loyal customers spending so much on your statues? Again I am not even asking for much. I just want the tiny replacement part which came broken off completely. It would be only a few dollars for shipping and I know they have plenty of parts for this. It's just so sad to say no like this for something so simple. Looks like all the money I spent and all my PO which is a massive long list right now didn't mean anything. It's such a shame. I love this hobby. But if I cannot get new replacements for broken simple accessories it will be a 50/50 chance of getting a broken statue with no replacement. Again it's something so simple but they do not want to do it. If this is the case I do not know how I can collect any longer. I do not want a collection of statues with chip parts, broken swords, etc. This is just not right for something so expensive, just released and they decide to not replace it. Now both the emails I got did not even say there's an option to return it anymore for a full refund. SS I really love your statues. But if this is the new policy I must stop collecting. I just hate this no replacement policy. It's just unfair to the buyers. Im just venting over these emails I got from them. I guess I will call them tomorrow. If they say I must keep them. I will, most likely sell off my collection and be done with it. It's just not worth all the headaches and this new no replacement policy is the last straw. :mad: I do wish everyone here the best and I do hope SS changes their policy on the no replacement on new release items. I just don't get how a company like them who have grown so much cannot replace a tiny new part. So hey all my sales lists might be update with many items soon. :(

Items bought directly through Sideshow can be returned for a refund within the 30 day period in which you receive a piece. This means if you get a piece and do not like or a replacement of a damaged piece is not made available to you then you CAN return it for a refund within 30 days. Please do call our customer service department tomorrow to clear up concerns or questions you may have. Many apologies the option of return was not included in your email. I will look into that omission upon return to work tomorrow. :)

-SideshowAlex

Items bought directly through Sideshow can be returned for a refund within the 30 day period in which you receive a piece. This means if you get a piece and do not like or a replacement of a damaged piece is not made available to you then you CAN return it for a refund within 30 days. Please do call our customer service department tomorrow to clear up concerns or questions you may have. Many apologies the option of return was not included in your email. I will look into that omission upon return to work tomorrow. :)

-SideshowAlex

But then we have to paid shipping? I did return one but then I have to paid both shipping fee which is around $50! It sucks that we received something broken and we still need to pay both shipping.

-SideshowAlex

Thanks so much for replying! :) it makes me feel so much better. I will call SS in a day or two because of work. Let me pm you SSAlex of both my order numbers. Just if you want to see if there's replacement parts or please send the info to the right person. I'm sorry for making a big scene, I really do love SS otherwise I would not be collecting these high price items. I'm not demanding you help me, but I wanted to send you the info anyways. I will call SS either way to ask them. Its only for the 2 most simple replacement parts. Again thanks again for clearing the issue up. Even if SS can't get the replacement parts I'm ok with it. I mean if that's the policy then I will live with it.

But then we have to paid shipping? I did return one but then I have to paid both shipping fee which is around $50! It sucks that we received something broken and we still need to pay both shipping.

If it arrives damaged I know that most of the time (if not all of the time) the shipping fee will be incurred by Sideshow. Unless you're talking about import fees/taxes/etc. in that case I believe it's a whole different situation. Please always feel free to call customer service directly when you have an instance of a damaged piece you're returning and being charged shipping though to see if that truly has to be paid on your end or not. Typically I know we'll send return labels directly in cases of damaged pieces that need to be returned.

I don't think SS charges shipping for returns. They send us a printed prepaid label. At least that's what they do for me on returns.

Thanks so much for replying! :) it makes me feel so much better. I will call SS in a day or two because of work. Let me pm you SSAlex of both my order numbers. Just if you want to see if there's replacement parts or please send the info to the right person. I'm sorry for making a big scene, I really do love SS otherwise I would not be collecting these high price items. I'm not demanding you help me, but I wanted to send you the info anyways. I will call SS either way to ask them. Its only for the 2 most simple replacement parts. Again thanks again for clearing the issue up. Even if SS can't get the replacement parts I'm ok with it. I mean if that's the policy then I will live with it.

I'm not in the customer service department, so I do not have access to order numbers or replacement part inquiries. A customer service rep would be able to give you all that information though tomorrow (or when you do call in). :)

I'm not in the customer service department, so I do not have access to order numbers or replacement part inquiries. A customer service rep would be able to give you all that information though tomorrow (or when you do call in). :)

Ok thanks, I just pm you but I got the info. So please ignore my pm. Thanks again.

$90K is quite the haul my friend. I know you've purchased some after-market pieces and I know how the after-market (depending on the piece) can be very expensive, but I had no idea! LOL. Just out of curiosity - I encourage you to post a list of every piece you own.

By the way in addition to CAhobbit CBG, here is the link to returns on the SS website.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?cat=26&ref=footer_returns

Good luck CBG!

For the amount of money you've spent with these guys you'd expect them to deliver to your door, in their 1969 429Boss Mustang (4speed) a complete replacement
No reason to treat customers like this, hopefully they wake-up

Sideshows response time is horrendous. I get quick replies from Hollywood Collectibles and they respond like an hour later. I had one item broken from them and they immediately took care of me. They had UPS come pick it up the next day directly from my house without me even bothering on waiting on a return label and having me drive to the post office to ship it out, as well as HCG sending out a replacement once UPS registered in the system that UPS had picked up the damaged product. Now that is top notch customer service.

Back