Official Takara Batman Begins Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to knock the UD guys, but their boots look more like a replica of the takara, than the actual movie, in fact if i had to guess they look like they adapted real boots to look like the movie, instead of making original boots just like the movies, the toes and overall foot are too tall and thick.

Here's a compiliation of boots from begins and TDK which should be the same (roughly) set of boots since he didn't change them in the movie:
batboots.jpg

You can see the foot slopes very flat and then peaks back up at the toe, the best representation of this in figure is medi's TDK, HT's wasn't bad, their boots are too flat due to the rubber, and dont flatten and peak as much as the movie but are still good.

And the boots are NOT two pieces, you look closely you'll see the panel on the outside is just that, a leather/rubber panel, the boot itself continues from the leg/calf to the foot underneath that panel, hence the same hex like pattern going all the way to the foot. If i had to guess i'd say the design is intended to offer protection and stability to the ankle area of the boot, but in the end its just a panel layered over a one piece boot.

Which figures are better doesnt matter, tak has its plusses, accuracy is just not one of those.

all depends. I'm an articulation junkie, as such, the Takara batman is superior for me.

Really?!

I got the Takara Batman because I read it had better articulation. But I found the arms sucked - I couldn't have him aim his grappling hook or anything above a horizontal level. Anything pointing upward at all failed, whether I bent it at the elbow or at the shoulder, to extend his whole arm in an upward direction.

The rubber would resist and force the arm slowly back down.

That's why I sprung for the HT original suit, because the arm articulation was much better - now I can have his arm be at an angle with respect to the ground that's greater than 90 degrees.

Really?!

I got the Takara Batman because I read it had better articulation. But I found the arms sucked - I couldn't have him aim his grappling hook or anything above a horizontal level. Anything pointing upward at all failed, whether I bent it at the elbow or at the shoulder, to extend his whole arm in an upward direction.

That's why I sprung for the HT original suit, because the arm articulation was much better - now I can have his arm be at an angle with respect to the ground that's greater than 90 degrees.

Check this dude's pic out - whole lotta articulation goin on.

https://testicular-fortitude.blogspot.com/2006/06/i-caved-in-and-got-this.html

I still love my Tak Bat - that pic someone posted of it in their bottom drawer is just cruel... :monkey2

I still love my Tak Bat - that pic someone posted of it in their bottom drawer is just cruel... :monkey2

Depends on how you look at it. I take it out and pose it, take pictures and put it back. I don't keep it on display and put it away so it doesn't get ruined. It is one of my favorite figures, but for the price I don't want to risk having the rubber tear or have it get tacky because of the dust.

To this day it looks like I just got it and it's dust free too.

Hey it doesn't really bother me... but from that pic it looks like he's permanently in there. At least he's dust free!

The Hot Toys BD T-800, Bank Robber Joker and the V1 Joker figures pick on him so I have to keep him safe. Trust me he gets air.

All abut joint manipulation. I've been able to get my takara bats into any pose i wanted him in, and stay there. every one posted in the testicular fortitude link, as well as being able to get him into these shots of the naked takara body.
genx_core_body_s.jpg

At the moment, he's posed simply, in the rooftop, brooding pose. I'm more focused on my custom comic bats at the moment.

Really?!

All abut joint manipulation. I've been able to get my takara bats into any pose i wanted him in, and stay there. every one posted in the testicular fortitude link, as well as being able to get him into these shots of the naked takara body.
genx_core_body_s.jpg

Yeah, I have no doubt that the Takara body underneath is perfectly capable. It's just that the rubber suit interferes and makes holding a pose (at least for me) quite difficult.

genx_core_body_s.jpg

At the moment, he's posed simply, in the rooftop, brooding pose. I'm more focused on my custom comic bats at the moment.

I couldn't imagine putting mine in some of those poses without seriously taking a risk of damaging the suit.

I'm selling Takara Batman Begins will include hot toys batman begins cowl. Message me if interested.

Back