Official Takara Batman Begins Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I love this figure (enough to buy two of them actually), it's not perfectly screen accurate. Just take a look at how lean it is. In the movie, Christian Bale was pretty effing huge inside that suit. I think the Hot Toys version more closely approximates the sheer size of the character, although they overdid it a bit (it's a bit chunky).

The cape isn't as nice as the HT or Medicom version. It's a bit thin in comparison.

I've also heard that the details on the suit and belt are not completely screen accurate either. But I digress, it means nothing to me. As it stands, Takara's Batman is still the best one out there (when it comes to 1/6)...but it's not perfect. That's a good thing though, now Takara has something to improve on for the TDK version. :D

well yeah about the suit and the belt, no noticable difference with the real thing. As long as it isn't very obvious it's good :D
The cowl, boots, cuffs, also good :)
The head is perfectly sculpted. (not talking about the skin and mask lines here)

okay, the body could be A LITTLE bit more bulk, but that is minor since all the rest is good :)

the cape, seeing the Medicom and HT capes on picture, I found them much to thick for a cape :rolleyes: And I guess in real life that would be even worse...
A cape of batman should flow and feel light and easy going...so for that I like the cape of the takara batman more than the other thick capes to be honest.

Only minor about the cape I heard a lot is that it lets light go through easy...so just don't take pictures into the sun or light than. :)

But I rather have a thin cape that looks good and flows good, than a very strong cape that looks like an armor over a figure :rolleyes:

but everybody got to admit, that aside to the few minor in-accuracies, this figure is thé best batman.

Nice pics Maulfan,cant wait to get mine.

I see the figure attracts dust easily:monkey2

well yeah about the suit and the belt, no noticable difference with the real thing. As long as it isn't very obvious it's good :D
The cowl, boots, cuffs, also good :)
The head is perfectly sculpted. (not talking about the skin and mask lines here)

okay, the body could be A LITTLE bit more bulk, but that is minor since all the rest is good :)

the cape, seeing the Medicom and HT capes on picture, I found them much to thick for a cape :rolleyes: And I guess in real life that would be even worse...
A cape of batman should flow and feel light and easy going...so for that I like the cape of the takara batman more than the other thick capes to be honest.

Only minor about the cape I heard a lot is that it lets light go through easy...so just don't take pictures into the sun or light than. :)

But I rather have a thin cape that looks good and flows good, than a very strong cape that looks like an armor over a figure :rolleyes:

but everybody got to admit, that aside to the few minor in-accuracies, this figure is thé best batman.

It's great that you like the figure so much that you feel the need to defend it so adamantly, even though there's no need to in this case. :rolleyes:

I kinda find it funny that you so easily brush off the Takara figure's inaccuracies under the rug even though you made a post touting how accurate it is.

About the cape, it's not just the thickness or weight, you gotta keep in mind the quality of construction. The HT and Medicom cape is made out of a better material and is actually hemmed at the edges, something the Takara version lacks. Overall the quality is above that of the Takara figure and let's face it, it's more accurate.

I used to have the HT version, and I gotta admit that although the Takara is superior in almost all aspects, the HT had a better suit and cape. I don't give out the gold award as easily.

So current owners, i have a question: how do you remove the dust without just adding more dust?

review_takbats_9.jpg

so this figure is like...PERFECT? :chew
Medicom's Batman is a midget. :monkey1

About the cape, it's not just the thickness or weight, you gotta keep in mind the quality of construction. The HT and Medicom cape is made out of a better material and is actually hemmed at the edges, something the Takara version lacks. Overall the quality is above that of the Takara figure and let's face it, it's more accurate.

hmm, I do not bother an in-accurate cape :)

it even sounds kinda strange: a cape that is accurate, you also gotta be honest on this :) what is an accurate batman begins cape, a movie accurate one :)
there is no such thing I guess, since in the movie he uses his cape just hanging, the other time, flying, etc...

So, in my own personal opinion, I go for the cape that looks the best on the figure, that is the takara one. It is made of less material, I agree with you, but it gives the whole figure as a whole that finishing touch when I see the pictures of the different figures.

The cape of the hot toys may look at it's own cool and "accurate", but that does not count, you gotta see the cape as a part of batman itself :)

Just wanted to say, I looooove his cape :)

ps: if there is whining or discussion, better like this than always the same kinda thing: "mine hasn't arrive yet :("
I like these kinda discussions :) where people just share their different views to one another...

eyes.jpg

For Riko, the eyes are a grey circle with a black pupil, nothing too fancy, but as small as they are, fancy would be wasted, they work fine.

Less talk, more images please. :D This is the image thread.

Thanks Sean for your great stuff. ian too...

eyes.jpg

For Riko, the eyes are a grey circle with a black pupil, nothing too fancy, but as small as they are, fancy would be wasted, they work fine.

thx dude, much appreciated!

I even see a little bit of red of the edge of the eyelids :google:google

Back