Official Takara Batman Begins Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McLOVIN' it, Sean. Trying to figure out which ones I like best, so many to choose from...

And How great does that KEATON PHOTOGRAPH!?

I'll go with this one for now...

11.jpg

And How great does that KEATON PHOTOGRAPH!?

Thanks Paul. This one is as easy and fun to shoot as his 1989 brother, which most people from the Keaton thread know how much I enjoyed him :) Actually this one offers even more possibilities, so this is just the beginning. I will say, one of my favorite aspects is the cape. Takara did great with the material, soft and flowing, yet heavy enough to fall naturally. I can only hope Sideshow uses similar for their eventual Vader figures. Best cape on a figure I've ever seen.

Congratz to everyone who can finally own this masterpiece! :rock

Nice photo there MaulFan!!!

Hey Sean was it snowing outside, cause it looks like Bats was out in a decent blizzard. :monkey3

Great pics as always!

P.S. It's so nice to know I am not the only person suffering from OCD. :monkey5

I will say, one of my favorite aspects is the cape. Takara did great with the material, soft and flowing, yet heavy enough to fall naturally. I can only hope Sideshow uses similar for their eventual Vader figures. Best cape on a figure I've ever seen.

are u serious?! does this new version have a different cape then the 1st version? because the cape material was THE biggest complaint i heard against the Tak compared to say HT and Medi. even more so than lack of bulk or the boot inaccuracies. how thin the cape was and that light could shine thru. i never minded it much but i did wish it was more opaque. so new cape??:monkey5

Last edited:
are u serious?! does this new version have a different cape then the 1st version? because the cape material was THE biggest complaint i heard against the Tak compared to say HT and Medi. even more so than lack of bulk or the boot inaccuracies. how thin the cape was and that light could shine thru. i never minded it much but i did wish it was thicker. so new cape??:monkey5

No people just tried to use the Tak cape to try to justify owning the HT one.

I always loved the Takara cape, it's awesome. When you see the Hot toys one, that thing just seems like it would weigh you down significantly if you were to ever have something that thick on your back.

No people just tried to use the Tak cape to try to justify owning the HT one.

I always loved the Takara cape, it's awesome. When you see the Hot toys one, that thing just seems like it would weigh you down significantly if you were to ever have something that thick on your back.

ah. makes sense. it's actually weird to me that the Tak is getting as much positive attention now. i remember when i got the 1st version and stated how much i liked it over the HT and i was kinda jumped by the HT crowd lol. great to see the Tak getting what i've always felt was deserved.

i do wish he had a bit more bulk at the torso tho lol.:D

ah. makes sense. it's actually weird to me that the Tak is getting as much positive attention now. i remember when i got the 1st version and stated how much i liked it over the HT and i was kinda jumped by the HT crowd lol. great to see the Tak getting what i've always felt was deserved.

i do wish he had a bit more bulk at the torso tho lol.:D

I know, isn't that the truth...where was all the love over a year ago??

Most people were all over the HT version and can't dump that one fast enough now.

Fickle fans! :D

I'm a little late but I just wanted to say that your pics are absolutely gorgeous Maulfan!!!!! :monkey5:monkey4 Can't wait to get mine.

whoa!!!cool thread!!thanks for starting this up, maulfan!!ur pics are killer!!talk about mood shots!!!!!

are u serious?! does this new version have a different cape then the 1st version? because the cape material was THE biggest complaint i heard against the Tak compared to say HT and Medi. even more so than lack of bulk or the boot inaccuracies. how thin the cape was and that light could shine thru. i never minded it much but i did wish it was more opaque. so new cape??:monkey5

the cape thing is done, takara rules :)

but the complaint about the boots, I think also that is wrong.
I know this is from the new suit but still...since I haven't found any clear pictures of the BB suit, I'll use this:
look at the boots on the TDK suit
high-resolution-bat-suit.jpg

and far right is the Takara...
review_takbats_8.jpg

the takara boots-shoes are clearly also the most accurate of the 3 versions.

You're kinda right, Riko. But I doubt that Takara made the conscious decision to create the figure's boot to look accurate to the film suit or not. I'm pretty sure it was just a decision to allow for better articulation. If it is accurate (I'm not saying it is), it's purely coincidental.

But then again, you might be right:

s19.jpg
s20.jpg

The boots in the pics are very accurate replicas of the boots from BB.

just bought this bad boy on a whim. Was peeking in the store across the street from my apartment, and what do you know, they have Tak bats on sale. $160 USD. Not too bad.

I havent opened it yet but i will!

Accurrate or not, the boots on this figure have great articulation and stability. I'm always willing to sacrifice some aesthetics for the better of the piece. I think what throws off the look of the boots on Takara is how the foot is separate where the other 2 look like a solid, 1 piece boot.

You're kinda right, Riko. But I doubt that Takara made the conscious decision to create the figure's boot to look accurate to the film suit or not. I'm pretty sure it was just a decision to allow for better articulation. If it is accurate (I'm not saying it is), it's purely coincidental.

But then again, you might be right:

The boots in the pics are very accurate replicas of the boots from BB.

lol,
hmm maybe it was coincidence for Takara that they planned to make it very articulate and that the boot of the movie was made in a way that allowed Takara to make them as they wanted :) So I do not think it was pure coincidence.
nice pics btw.

Another issue, the Cuffs/Gauntlets on his arms :)
in the famous comparison review https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_073106a.htm
they mentioned that it was a small detail where the takara was outbeaten by the others, because it lacked the "horizontal ridges on the cuffs"

I've been studying the movie and some pictures of the takara cuffs also, and they were wrong :)
There is no horizontal line what so ever on one side, but there is one on the other side of the gauntlet.
The Medicom has the line around the whole cuff. This is of course not correct, and in the review it says: "I'm pretty sure that this is actually movie accurate" LOL :rotfl :lecture

As for the Takara, I do not see why they said in the reviev that is was inaccurate, it is actually the only one who is movie accurate
again, pictures says it all, here from the real suit:
Gauntlets.JPG

it is clear that the front view has no horizontal lines, and the backside has.

here a picture of the gauntlet from behind WITH horizontal line
review_takbats_19.jpg

here seen from the two sides:
50280-5.jpg

and if you doubted, they even got the shine good on the gauntlet
review_takbats_9.jpg

so this figure is like...PERFECT? :chew

lol,

so this figure is like...PERFECT? :chew

As much as I love this figure (enough to buy two of them actually), it's not perfectly screen accurate. Just take a look at how lean it is. In the movie, Christian Bale was pretty effing huge inside that suit. I think the Hot Toys version more closely approximates the sheer size of the character, although they overdid it a bit (it's a bit chunky).

The cape isn't as nice as the HT or Medicom version. It's a bit thin in comparison.

I've also heard that the details on the suit and belt are not completely screen accurate either. But I digress, it means nothing to me. As it stands, Takara's Batman is still the best one out there (when it comes to 1/6)...but it's not perfect. That's a good thing though, now Takara has something to improve on for the TDK version. :D

Back