Official SSC SW "Action Shots" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
creecher said:
Very nice work Sith Lord. It just reminded me that some of the expressions that are sculpted onto our figures are for this express purpose. I forget that when looking at a single figure, because I tend to go into scrutiny mode. Thanks for a much needed reminder. :bow Luke meets his destiny.

Wow!! Thanks for the compliment. I wasn't even trying to attach meaning to the face sculpt...just the overall pose. It is amazing, though, how much impact the context of an image can have on each element, isn't it?

SideshowDusty said:
Wow!! I am speechless, you guys. Seriously, this is a great thread! We can't ask for a greater compliment than this. Amazing stuff - keep 'em coming - can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the Jedi when they arrive!! :chew

Coming from you, Dusty, that is the best compliment yet!! It's nice to know that the company responsible for the objects of our inspiration enjoy seeing how we've chosen to enjoy them (at least in part).

The same goes for you guys and gals...keep 'em coming!!! Of course, we'll all be in debt at that point... :lol

Here's my latest one. It's "security footage" of Sidious and Vader assassinating Mace. The static is because the lightning is disrupting the electronics like a mini-EMP. For the Sith eyes, I only have the Jedi Anakin, so I digitally painted the eyes onto my Anakin's eyes.

VaderandSidious-SecurityFootage.jpg

BTW, I figured I'd post this one as well. It's a joke variation on my Luke Skywalker standing on the country road.

He's recruited someone to help hunt that wascally wabbit!! Huhuhuhuh...

lukefudd.jpg

Gruff Old Bear said:
I am overdue to re-shoot Les' repaint of my Anakin. Meanwhile, here's a repost of one Photoshopped shot, and three slightly washed out ones with a very easy-to-replace background in case any Photoshoppers want to play with my toys.

Vons-22.jpg

Untitled-10.jpg

QUOTE]

Love that repaint! :chew

Here's a quick one designed to show off the lip repaint I did. It's not perfect, but it's the first time I tried to repaint a Sideshow figure. I also touched up the eyebrows (b/c I dropped the figure and scuffed the paint...)

AnakinCoruscant01.jpg

Great pics guys, keep em comin!

I must apologize up front for this picture, it is by far the most non action shot i could probably come up with, i was just playing with him and got him all set in this pose fiddlin with every little part to make him look all nice and i liked it so much i wanted to take a picture.

Just simple and relaxed:
anakinaction5.jpg

It reminds me of an artist's oil paint portrait...like the kind you see hanging on the walls of aristocratic homes.

Great shot!!

Heh, well heres some actual action... i know this may not be canon, but he's the only other 12" sw figure i have at the moment so im making due:

anijango1.jpg

anijango2.jpg

anijango3.jpg

Wow... I'm LOVING these pictures you're all doing!!

Here's a couple more of mine...... for now, lol (I'm trying to think of other scenes from the film to do... lol, I guess when you spend so much time resculpting and painting something you just WANT to take pics)

anakin%20on%20Tantive%20VI.jpg

anakin%20obiwan%20and%20palpatine.jpg

Magnuz said:

I really like this one :chew The positioning of the camera is perfect. The effect of having Jango come towards the audience is awesome. Anakin nonchalantly throws Jango :chew

...anyone got some action shot of Kit Fisto?

Thanks guys, and yes justin i repainted my anakins entire head neck and partial torso, new skin lips hair and eyes.

Gave him a bit of a look to the right in his eyes, though for some reason that pic makes his left eye look rather crossed heh.

<-- Thats my anakin in my avatar there for an indication of what the repaint looks like in normal light.

Magnuz said:
Thats my anakin in my avatar there for an indication of what the repaint looks like in normal light.

****, man!! I thought that was really Hayden in your avatar!!! Awesome!!!

:chew :chew :chew

With mine, you can kinda tell it's SSC's figure. Yours...wow...

Last edited:
Ahh, what the heck. May as well post some unedited ones as well. In fact, these are the backgrounds that all my Anakin shots have before I put them in Photoshop composites.

Check out the creepy look in his eye on this shot!!

HPIM2416.jpg

With the way the robe came out, I call this one my Mr. "I know Kung Fu" Neo pose. :D

HPIM2424.jpg

Back