OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2010 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl

Your choice has been made...

spook_2010_sig_buttmunch.png

Awesome. Two-face was probably the better choice. He's more Spooktacularly than Harv :rock

Indeed. Hope I see you around a lot in there Nitro!

I did my pumpkin this year. It's pretty good, but not the original idea I had for the contest. I may enter just for fun, but it wont come near placing.

I did my pumpkin this year. It's pretty good, but not the original idea I had for the contest. I may enter just for fun, but it wont come near placing.

Can't wait to see it!!! I love the sig by the way! :)

Should be on here often. Business has been busy and I'm going to be on the road an extra day or two this week out of state. Still not going to stop me from taking part in this years Spook.

You should still put your pumpkin in the contest for the hell of it BG. You never know if you don't try! :lecture

Dangit! I just realized that I can't find last year's decoder glasses, and I didn't bother to order this year's readiness kit because it was so weak. I'll need to find something red and transparent quickly.

That usually does the trick, but I found that it doesn't work as well with some screens (even LCDs). Another possibility is to use an image editing program to mess with the color balance.

That usually does the trick, but I found that it doesn't work as well with some screens (even LCDs). Another possibility is to use an image editing program to mess with the color balance.

Yep or you can just mess with the color balance on your monitor. I was doing that at work a couple years ago and it worked perfectly but I haven't had a problem with tilting any of my LCD's yet.

I love your sig, RoboPumpkin, I mean RoboDad...

See everyone in chat in the morning! I'm going to bed shortly. I don't think anything will be happening overnight...

OK, I had sent this to Odowan in a PM, but since everyone is talking about it in the thread, here is a trick that works as well as any tilting, but is really quite a bit quicker (at least, for people with larger desktop LCD monitors). Just use a handheld mirror. Hold it below your monitor, and look at the reflection of the decoder image. Same effect as tilting, just less work.

The first time, it takes a few seconds to figure out where to position and angle the mirror to get the best effect, but after that it's easy peasy.

^I'm at work until four central time. After that I need to hit up a thrift store and find some Halloween costume parts (10th Doctor, if you're curious.) I might be on around five or six.

Back