OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2009 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see I'm still in the Breakfast Club, SixMil!

Had a terrible dream last night that while I was asleep another round of comps went up on SS's website, and when I woke up they were all closed! It's just a shame that this actually played out in reality numerous times last week! :lol

Those chat contests...Holy moley, those chat contests are intense. It's the scrolling. You can feel that constant scrolling happening while you desperately search for the answers...all of those people working at the same time, taking complete stabs in the dark, frantically typing...it messes with your mind, man. :lol

I've got nothing but respect for those of you who had the nerve to keep your wits about you in there.

**TheBoot kneels in reverence to you all.

I think I made out all right. A Chainsaw Killer (very first freebie on the very first day, no less) and a "wicked" Chicky forum prize.

Better than that freebie Orc Muzzle Cage Helm from '07 (my only other previous win), so no complaints. :duff

EDIT: Congrats, Madden! Holy crap! :lol

Those chat contests...Holy moley, those chat contests are intense. It's the scrolling. You can feel that constant scrolling happening while you desperately search for the answers...all of those people working at the same time, taking complete stabs in the dark, frantically typing...it messes with your mind, man. :lol

I can deal with reading the text no problem, but I found that there's some sort of issue with the java version of chat in Safari that makes it so that if you switch to another window (like a google window) and back to the chat, you have to click inside the text entry blank, then somewhere else in the window, then back in the blank in order to get the text to show up. Needless to say, this was maddening. I was on my laptop at a cafe or I would have just downloaded a proper IRC client. Anyway, I never even managed to type an answer in.

On the other hand, the forum movie quote contest worked really smoothly for me. I came in first three or four times (but managed to get the wrong answer for various reasons 3 out of 4 times...)

AHHHHHHHHHH take me off the loser list..... I won the Red Skull PF... AHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Oh my Gaaaawd!:chew What the bleep! Seriously, this is the best news I've heard....well....since the Vikes beat the Packers today:lol

The funny part is I kept hearing you say, "there's still another chance tomorrow...and tomorrow and...." Finally you won on the last few announcements! Man, that Skull PF is bad ass. I wish I had that:monkey2

Updated Loser's list forthcoming!:D

Nice to see I'm still in the Breakfast Club, SixMil!

Had a terrible dream last night that while I was asleep another round of comps went up on SS's website, and when I woke up they were all closed! It's just a shame that this actually played out in reality numerous times last week! :lol

You can check out...but you can never leave:emperor

Your damn signature made me put on my glasses again...a reflexive habit I guess:lol

Last edited:
I was wondering if that was you! SWEET!!! :rock :rock :rock That was one heck of a nice prize and well worth the wait and torture of Spooktacular! :lol

Wow! That's awesome. Glad it went to an awesome freak. Congratulations.

You went out of the loser list with a bang with that awesome prize! :lol
Congrats!! :rock

Oh my Gaaaawd!:chew What the bleep! Seriously, this is the best news I've heard....well....since the Vikes beat the Packers today:lol

The funny part is I kept hearing you say, "there's still another chance tomorrow...and tomorrow and...." Finally you won on the last few announcements! Man, that Skull PF is bad ass. I wish I had that:monkey2

Thanks all. I had forgoten about that contest and was just hoping for the pictures to come through. Yeah, hell of a way to end a maddening Spooktacular.

Ohhhh, it's the exclusive too! Me likes the Cosmic Cube:rock

AHHHHHHHHHH take me off the loser list..... I won the Red Skull PF... AHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Congrats, man! That's a friggin sweet prize! I'm still hoping my wicked prize coming is something like that... But I won't get my hopes up. I'm not lucky enough to win a PF or a 1:1 bust (cough, shropt, cough) :D

Spook was a blast this year, probably the best one yet. Greg and the entire Sideshow staff went above and beyond this year. I filled out my survey, without many suggestions for improvement. I think they improved it a lot this year already... THANKS AGAIN SIDESHOW! :chew

Congrats, man! That's a friggin sweet prize! I'm still hoping my wicked prize coming is something like that... But I won't get my hopes up. I'm not lucky enough to win a PF or a 1:1 bust (cough, shropt, cough) :D

Spook was a blast this year, probably the best one yet. Greg and the entire Sideshow staff went above and beyond this year. I filled out my survey, without many suggestions for improvement. I think they improved it a lot this year already... THANKS AGAIN SIDESHOW! :chew

Was Schropt the dude that won the Bossk bust?

Kenbenobi, I recognized your name from chat and see you've been a member since 2006 but only a few hundred posts.

Why/where have you been hiding up until this spook?

Updated Breakfast Club a.k.a. The Loser's List

1. ChaserFan (badge of honer to be number one; be proud son)
2. Ktjn.
3. Something Sexy
4. Radagaster

~Begone with Darth Madden - he won the Red Skull!~

I got some free Hot Toys figure from Greg for having to pee!

And a Icky Prize from Chicky.

So...ftw!
I think the Chats should have a 20 second wait time between the answer and question. It would give everyone a chance to read, and research. And if you know it all ready, you're good to go.

Or something like that.

Kenbenobi, I recognized your name from chat and see you've been a member since 2006 but only a few hundred posts.

Why/where have you been hiding up until this spook?

Exactly my thoughts about so many freaks that I met in chat, but that I don't see posting at the boards. Have they become bored about this forum that they only come out when Spooktacular is going on? Most of them seem to be really cool, fun people from what I read in chat and it would be nice to see them more, posting here at freaks. The same with the new members like SixMillion. I hope we don't loose them just because Spook is over.

Back