OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2009 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In those chat contests it was so darn hard to win...unless you just happened to actually KNOW the answer. I liked it when they switched it up a bit and did more of a scavenger hunt type question where people actually had to look and the playing field was level. With so many people participating it was crazy! :lol

I'd like to do more of the scavenger hunt type chat contests in the future. That was fun for me, and I agree that it levels the playing field. Good to hear you liked it.

I'd like to do more of the scavenger hunt type chat contests in the future. That was fun for me, and I agree that it levels the playing field. Good to hear you liked it.

Those were great Dennis! I loved the ones where it was a comment on a page no one has visited in years probably. :D

Exactly my thoughts about so many freaks that I met in chat, but that I don't see posting at the boards. Have they become bored about this forum that they only come out when Spooktacular is going on? Most of them seem to be really cool, fun people from what I read in chat and it would be nice to see them more, posting here at freaks. The same with the new members like SixMillion. I hope we don't loose them just because Spook is over.

I will be sticking around but not posting as much for a reason. See this thread is cool because we just chit/chat whatever. The problem with other threads is some members breaking down figures/PFs for detailed accuracy. Maybe it's fine for some folks to pick out the smallest inaccuracies but I refuse to be "That Guy." If I like something and it's bad ass, then I'll buy it. Dunno but that's me:dunno

If you do trivia, you should give a few seconds for everyone to figure out the answer. It also wouldnt get that confusing.

I don't know if it would really level the playing field that much. It would reduce it to a contest of who has the best internet connection, most likely, since everyone would be waiting with the answer typed in, waiting to press enter. I think I'd rather have it based on searching skill and speed.

However, more than that, I would like to see questions that people could actually know the answer to, rather than "what are the first 3 words on this page" type of questions. Those are fun, but it wouldn't hurt to reward people for having some knowledge as well.

I definitely liked the last day of chat contests you arranged. Like others have said, it leveled the playing field. You know when it takes 20+ minutes to finish the contest, everyone has had a chance. Better than when contest is over in 20 seconds IMO.

Regardless, thanks to you and everyone else for putting on a grehow'show.

I will be sticking around but not posting as much for a reason. See this thread is cool because we just chit/chat whatever. The problem with other threads is some members breaking down figures/PFs for detailed accuracy. Maybe it's fine for some folks to pick out the smallest inaccuracies but I refuse to be "That Guy." If I like something and it's bad ass, then I'll buy it. Dunno but that's me:dunno

Just stay out of the star wars section, the specimen head thread apparently, and some predator threads and none of the tedious OCD crap comes up much.

However, we've all had our moments. :monkey3

Those chat contests...Holy moley, those chat contests are intense. It's the scrolling. You can feel that constant scrolling happening while you desperately search for the answers...all of those people working at the same time, taking complete stabs in the dark, frantically typing...it messes with your mind, man. :lol

I've got nothing but respect for those of you who had the nerve to keep your wits about you in there.

**TheBoot kneels in reverence to you all.

I think I made out all right. A Chainsaw Killer (very first freebie on the very first day, no less) and a "wicked" Chicky forum prize.

Same here. The chat contests especially are enough to make you hyper-paranoid. Actually, all of Spooktacular can do that. Like being in a haunted house just *waiting* for a freebie or PO to jump out at you. You know it's going to happen, but when!!? And where?

Only reason I got anything is cause I was paying close attention when others were distracted/asleep, and I was lucky. I was very lucky with my big one - the Jaws Maquette. That 'contest' came without warning from the MOTW. When she started quoting Chief Brody for no good reason, I had to reply, not expecting it meant anything other than she likes good movie quotes - "We're gonna need a bigger boat." That was the first quote contest they did for this Spook.

...See this thread is cool because we just chit/chat whatever. The problem with other threads is some members breaking down figures/PFs for detailed accuracy...

QFT. :lecture

Take a gander at my post count. As what amounts to a "lurker", I'm in the odd position of knowing most of you better than you know me; I'm hip to all of the same in-jokes and individual personality traits as even the most seasoned 10,000+ post count Freak, I just don't have the numbers (or relationships, unfortunately) to match 'em.

It's a little weird, but I'm fine with it. Most of the time there's already been four or five posts in any given thread that expressed my feelings on the subject anyway. Anything I'd add would likely just be redundant, and I'm not a fan of redundancy.

Still, the Spook thread is always welcome in my book. I love the attitude, I love the randomness and the camaraderie, and I love the fact that I can insert a picture of a floating Michael Jackson with Jennifer Connelly's head and it will kind of make sense! :lol

...I'd like to see someone pull a stunt like that in a typical SW thread. Poor bastard would be run out of town with torches...

Long story short (I know, "too late"); This is, historically, the best thread to hang around in all year. :rock

...I would like to see questions that people could actually know the answer to, rather than "what are the first 3 words on this page" type of questions. Those are fun, but it wouldn't hurt to reward people for having some knowledge as well.

It's a 'Boot two-fer; OFT. :lecture

I was very lucky with my big one - the Jaws Maquette. That 'contest' came without warning from the MOTW. When she started quoting Chief Brody for no good reason, I had to reply, not expecting it meant anything other than she likes good movie quotes - "We're gonna need a bigger boat." That was the first quote contest they did for this Spook.

Dude, that was insanity. I was here when all of that went down and it was a trip to watch everyone try to catch up with what was going on! :rotfl

I'm jealous, BTW. The Jaws maquette is one hell of a score. Congratulations on that!

Dude, that was insanity. I was here when all of that went down and it was a trip to watch everyone try to catch up with what was going on! :rotfl

I'm jealous, BTW. The Jaws maquette is one hell of a score. Congratulations on that!

Thanks, I can'twaitcan'twait to see it. It's the best thing I've ever won anywhere, from anybody, in my life. And I had been considering using my GC on it to buy it, so even better!

I still really can't believe I won it. Or the way I won it.
I just peeped up and said "Jaws".

You can check out...but you can never leave:emperor

Your damn signature made me put on my glasses again...a reflexive habit I guess:lol

:lol

I'll leave it there a little longer just annoy you!

Updated Breakfast Club a.k.a. The Loser's List

1. ChaserFan (badge of honer to be number one; be proud son)
2. Ktjn.
3. Something Sexy
4. Radagaster

~Begone with Darth Madden - he won the Red Skull!~

I'm proud, but all it does is mask the pain though......:(

Btw, congats Madden, you are truly worthy of that prize!

I still can't believe I've been saving this:

In my clipboard for over a week! I figured it was either going to be a trivia answer or something significant was going to happen at 8:13 PM PST. :rotfl

Me too! I also posted it on my visitor messages here so I'd always have easy access to it!

Back