OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2009 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mangler was hilarious.

Robert England is soooo over the top.

HELLS BELLS ADEL!

Goddamnt goddamnt GOODDAMNNIT!

Ahhh Frolly...you stupid old ^^^^^...

All from the first kill...hehe.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Yeah, the movie version...oh boy. If it wasn't for the great death scenes and the over the toppness of Robert's character, I probably wouldn't have gotten through it.

Oh yeah, Mist is another good one!

I haven't read that much more of King, but I've liked everything I've read of his. My Dad has read all of his books so he always has good suggestions for me on what to read. Unfortunatley a lot of his books don't seem to be available in audiobooks at my library. I do data entry all day at work so we get to listen to head phones. I've "read" a lot more books lately because of this. I just wish there was more King to listen to.

You must "read" "the stand" and "it" too. I liked all early stphen king

Oh yeah, Mist is another good one!

I haven't read that much more of King, but I've liked everything I've read of his. My Dad has read all of his books so he always has good suggestions for me on what to read. Unfortunatley a lot of his books don't seem to be available in audiobooks at my library. I do data entry all day at work so we get to listen to head phones. I've "read" a lot more books lately because of this. I just wish there was more King to listen to.

I love his short story collections, you don't have to invest a lot of time to read a story and can get through one a night. :)

But yeah a lot of his novels are huge and big time investments.

Did you see the movie version of The Mist in the theater?

Yes, and glad I did to hear everyone's reactions to a certain part or two. Darabont is King when adapting King stories.

:whew:

Answer to the latest Film Frame contest is up, and I was right...it was Bag End after all.

I was this close...this close...to writing Hobbiton. :frodo

You must "read" "the stand" and "it" too. I liked all early stphen king

The Stand (extended edition even) is actually one I actually read. Like I said, not many of his books are available to listen to around me so I had to read them the old fashioned way. I'm hoping to find "It" though.

I love his short story collections, you don't have to invest a lot of time to read a story and can get through one a night. :)

But yeah a lot of his novels are huge and big time investments.

Yeah, I've actually read a few of his short story collections. Night Shift was one of them. I don't remember the other though. And I only got through Shawshank Redemption in that one which had four longer ones (like Apt Pupil I think).

I just listened to Dreamcatcher earlier this month. I really liked that one. King really knows how to tell a story. He can be long yeah, but it is usually a fun ride.

Different Seasons, Misery and The Dark Tower series are my favorite King works. His endings, which I often have issue with, in these are all solid.

Different Seasons, Misery and The Dark Tower series are my favorite King works. His endings, which I often have issue with, in these are all solid.

I like alot of his books also, but the Dark Tower series was always one of my favorites. The books are definately better than the movies though..

Misery the film is pretty damn good and better than the book in many ways.

Can't wait till the guys from Lost begin making the Dark Tower films. :rock

Misery the film is pretty damn good and better than the book in many ways.

Can't wait till the guys from Lost begin making the Dark Tower films. :rock

I haven't seen the movie of misery, I'll have to check it out I guess. I hadn't heard they were going to make a movie of the Dark Towers..That will be awesome!! I guess that won't be out for a couple of years....

Thinner!

And what's the one where the kid is walking through the marshes forever, swatting away at tons of "no-see-ums". so good.

I liked lobstosoties too. They seeemed so sketchy.

Go see Misery, NOW! Especially good on a cold snowy day by yourself.

Everyone always talks about The Shining because of Jack and Stanley and the more over the top imagery, but I think Misery is where it's really at. The story, narrative flow, and horror bits all are tighter and more intimate than The Shining. And to make the audience think along with a character is much trickier in film than prose and James Caan and Kathy Bates do such amazing jobs.

Yeah, the writer/producers of Lost are going to tackle The Dark Tower after Lost ends next year. King sold them the rights for $19. There is actually a LOT of overlap between Lost and The Dark Tower. DT1: The Gunslinger in theaters 2012! :rock

Back