Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few pics of my Vader. I went ahead and wired his cape, just to see if I liked it better. I do.

P7220037.jpg

P7220036.jpg

P7220034.jpg

P7220031.jpg

P7220033.jpg

P7220032.jpg

Awesome work Mikey, those pictures demonstrate exactly why i hope ESB/ROTJ Vader feature a wired cape, but it was livable that it's absent on the ANH as I don't feel a need for such dynamic setups with that Vader, but ESB/ROTJ most certainly.

WOW! That adds so much to his already fanatsic look! Very cool, Customikey!

.....regarding the Vader replacement...
Hopefully I won't need to pay customs charges again and it will arrive in perfect shape this time...

Thinking good thought for you sir...

And I'm still really appreciating this figure...
3801523577_d6b742acc1_b.jpg

Granted, nothing as bold as what Customikey presented, but still....I may attempt to wire the cape too...

But until then, I'll keep soaking this one in...
3801523705_9f1b23b766_o.jpg

This is one impressive figure, Sideshow!

If he doesnt get best figure of the year id be suprised :monkey1

I don't know, I love my Vader but I don't see him beating the DX Joker or the MK I Ironman from Hot Toys. Or the HT Godfather for that matter. That Godfather is just amazing. It just hasn't gotten the hype of other releases because it is based on a 70's movie.

I don't know, I love my Vader but I don't see him beating the DX Joker or the MK I Ironman from Hot Toys. Or the HT Godfather for that matter. That Godfather is just amazing. It just hasn't gotten the hype of other releases because it is based on a 70's movie.

Aye true enough i suppose. I do like the DX joker but im gonna pass on him as well as the other 2, my HT's MK 3 IM will do me.

Aye true enough i suppose. I do like the DX joker but im gonna pass on him as well as the other 2, my HT's MK 3 IM will do me.

I am only getting the DX Joker because I don't have one in my collection. I just about to pull the trigger on bank robber Joker to go with Bats when this one was announced. The MK 3 Ironman is amazing too! I am just getting MK I because I have been a fan of shell head and the Avengers for about 30 years or so.

For me, what ever figure I have in the case is not quite as good as the one that is shipping next month. :lol

The head is not as bad in person as some people make it out to be. I painted that tusk though, it really irritated me. I have not had a chance to fiddle with him yet, that will come tomorrow.

If he doesnt get best figure of the year id be suprised :monkey1

It's definitely a top candidate. It'll come down to what people feel qualifies as a top figure. For some, it may be for how impressive it appears, for others, it may take unique engineering, aspects that take the piece above and beyond normal expectation, such as PERS from Hot Toys.

Vader's definitely one of the most impressive figures I've ever bought, it just has presence, there's something about him no other figure does to me when I see him on display.

It's definitely a tough call, but Iron Man, Predator, & Darth Maul are my top three. I don't care in what order they come in either, it's just so hard to pick one

While Vader is certainly awesome and definately the finest SSC figure I own...I would not say it contends for figure of the year...a close second or third maybe. If just compared with other SSC figs, it would certainly get the nod. But for me, it doesn't break any ground nor was it created with any out of the box thinking imo. Its the best representation of Vader to date in this scale but compared to the catalog of HTs figs that have been released this year, he wouldn't make the cut...he'd get the nomination but not the award.
Just my 2 cents...

Now if he came with lights.......:naughty

hey folks, i finally got round to taking some shots of my ss vader.

as i mentioned in my "review" last month, this is an excellent figure. i don't know about best 1/6 figure of 2009 (my vote is still for the hot toys iron man mark1) but i'm pretty sure it is hands down the best 1/6 ss has ever done!

anyway, i know this is a epIV figure, but just felt like recreating the bespin scene from epV...

"no, luke. i iz yer daddy." :D

DarthVader1.jpg

DarthVader2.jpg

DarthVader3.jpg

DarthVader4.jpg

DarthVader5.jpg

hey folks, i finally got round to taking some shots of my ss vader.

as i mentioned in my "review" last month, this is an excellent figure. i don't know about best 1/6 figure of 2009 (my vote is still for the hot toys iron man mark1) but i'm pretty sure it is hands down the best 1/6 ss has ever done!

anyway, i know this is a epIV figure, but just felt like recreating the bespin scene from epV...

"no, luke. i iz yer daddy." :D

DarthVader1.jpg

Love this pic:rock :rock :rock :rock

Back