Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Commtech, I really like yours! It looks better when it isn't too low. Did you also increase the flare? I don't have a dremel. Would it be hard to do the mod with just sand paper?

Commtech, I really like yours! It looks better when it isn't too low. Did you also increase the flare? I don't have a dremel. Would it be hard to do the mod with just sand paper?

zeiss: Sand paper will be really hard and will take you forever. Exacto knives don't work either since it's really hard plastic. I strongly recommend to buy or borrow a dremel. Sand paper won't let you get into those tight areas and you will also risk scratching the outside of your helmet. A dremel will be more precise. Check out this great customizer's review on the Stylus dremel. I use this dremel and I highly recommend it (bought it at Target):

https://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotome/DremelStylus.html

If you don't want to buy a dremel right now, just send me your Vader's head and I'll do it for you. No charge. I'm in California.

Oh, and I didn't increase the flare of the helmet.

truck just pulled out !

WOW !! this figure is super amazing!
thanks sideshow !

a couple of quick pics !
DSC09157.jpg

DSC09158.jpg

DSC09159.jpg

DSC09166.jpg

love this pose !! BAD ASS !
DSC09163.jpg

this will go perfect with my vader pf and after I get the 1:1 bust " THE CIRCLE IS COMPLETE"

I think you can do most of what needs to be done with needlenose pliers. You may not be able to get it to sit as low as if you had a dremel, but you should be able to lower it a good bit.

i was over at a friend's place and noticed his Vader, much like many of the photos posted here had a very high helmet... mine is not modded yet sits very low... it was quite the difference comparing them in person. i wonder if this hints at a manufacturing issue rather than an intentional decision?

i was over at a friend's place and noticed his Vader, much like many of the photos posted here had a very high helmet... mine is not modded yet sits very low... it was quite the difference comparing them in person. i wonder if this hints at a manufacturing issue rather than an intentional decision?

Vader's helmet actually sits quite high, and is longer. Most of the freaks are sacrificing correct height for appropriate length in the lower portion.

I don't know, but there are "ribs" inside of all the domes...so I cannot imagine that all of a sudden they adjusted those ribs inside all of the domes from now on...

Fact is, the dome sits to high to be movie accurate.

it is not a huge difference... perhaps a millimeter... but enough to be noticeable... the top eye frame is very visible on my friend's Vader while mine is almost completely hidden.

It is quite possible. Hasbro makes all kinds of running changes in Transformers when they are in production.

anybody tired of seeing vader pics yet??...:lol
here's mine......
watermark.php

watermark.php

took dv's helmet down just a tad & added a lil' padding on the shoulders.

the stormtroopers were "futured" & mic & tusks were painted.

Back