Official ROBOTECH Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P2134088.jpg

Awesome! I've always wanted a Beta Fighter! Anyone know when this will be released?

alright, total virgin question, but i never got into Robotech back in the day. Does the cartoon still hold up today? For someone without the nostalgia factor, is it enjoyable? Where do I start??

Thanks!!

popup_toynami_booth06.jpg

Just a friendly heads up to anyone excited about the upcoming Beta fighter; Scott Bernard's alpha is getting a re-release to coincide with the Beta, but with better joints and build quality. So don't rush over to ebay and drop $200+ on one of the cheaply made originals. A much better version at a fraction of the price is on the way.

Last edited:
Depends. The original Robotech or "Macross" I think holds up for the most part except in the ultra conservative timeperiod that seems to be now, I don't know if Kyle and Minmei's weird "I'm in love with my cousin" thing would hold up....

I would start in Macross...then move forward from there. The other series have merit but I just never liked them past Macross although the Dana Sterling character was interesting.

alright, total virgin question, but i never got into Robotech back in the day. Does the cartoon still hold up today? For someone without the nostalgia factor, is it enjoyable? Where do I start??

Thanks!!
The U.S. Robotech series is what I grew up with and I still love it today as much as I did when I was a kid.

Check this one out: Robotech: The Macross Saga Complete Collection

I highly recommend it! :rock

Check out some of Toynami's "Invid Invasion" (or "New Generation" if you prefer) set up at SDCC 2007:

popup_toynami_booth06.jpg

:rock :rock :rock :rock

Notice the Beta Fighter attached to the back of Scott's alpha.... :drool
I saw that!! It was a beautiful setup and the Cyclones look BAD ASS!! :rock

Were you there in person? Any better pics? Toynami (or Yamato, or whoever) needs to make us some high end Zentraedi and Invid fighters--PRONTO.
Yes, I was there in person and stupid me, I must've been so in awe that I only snapped these two pics of the Cyclones.

Not necessarily better. :eek:

DSC00401.jpg

This was a tough pic to get, he was on a rotating display. Bad Ass though! :rock

DSC00403.jpg

And yes we need some Battle Pods and Invid Fighters!! :rock

I want that Scott Bernard sooooooo bad. I had a friend who's brother had one of the older ones back in the 90s. I always tried to get him to sell it to me, but he wouldn't.

I want that Scott Bernard sooooooo bad. I had a friend who's brother had one of the older ones back in the 90s. I always tried to get him to sell it to me, but he wouldn't.
I had one when I was a kid and a Veritech, I wish I still had them. :monkey2

I have all three of the new ones on order at BBTS though! :rock

Back