Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah!!!

ds_04_finalbattle-0881.jpg

Walmart is selling the digital download now and if you buy it, you'll get the bluray later. I wasn't going to get it because I don't do the digital stuff, but in case someone can't wait till the blu ray release, you can go that route. You buy the code with a bluray box. As far as I know, you'll get to see the movie before anyone else.

They don't have it online, so you'll have to check it out in store. I don't think I've ever seen a movie sold this way. When I saw it, I actually thought they got the movie early because it looks just like a single disc edition bluray.

I thought this was pretty cool and sheds a little light on the Black liquid, which obviously is a weapon. It did after all destroy the Engineers after making whatever horrible mistake they made.

Relation to the Xenomorphs and other racesLittle is known of this race. The principal theory of their connection to the Xenomorphs, which was mentioned briefly by Ridley Scott in his director's commentary for the first Alien DVD, is that the Engineer ship in Alien was a "bomber" and that they used them as biogenic weapons to fight an ancient war against an unknown foe. There is some evidence to support this, such as the Xenomorph's biomechanical nature. Alien eggs were believed to be used as "bombs" on an enemy planet and then the Xenomorphs would proceed to kill the entire population as they spawned.

In Prometheus, it is shown that a lone Engineer was possibly responsible for the creation of the human race. He sacrificed himself as his people left the empty Earth, drinking chemicals that dissolved him and changed his DNA to the planet's first micro-organisms. Humanity soon developed, making the Engineers the ancestors of the human race. As such, human DNA and Engineer DNA are virtually identical. The lone Engineer's reasons for doing this is unknown, though it seems his race did not hold any positive regard for their descendants. Dozens of cargo ships carrying the weaponized Black Liquid were set to launch for Earth to release the pathogen and let it wipe out humanity; only to see the Engineers somehow lose control of their intended weapons and perish. The crew of the USCSS Prometheus believed that the abandoned planet they explored was an outpost for weapons engineering and development, lending credence to the theory that the Engineers created the Xenomorphs (or perhaps more specifically, the black goo that led to the Trilobite) for war and genocidal purposes

Here's the link to the site if anyone's interested (https://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Engineer) if this is old news my bad.

I bought the Digital copy via itunes earlier today.

Not desperate to see it again but wanted to listen to the extended dialogue between the engineer and shaw.

Long and short of it, there is no extended dialogue that i can tell.

The deleted scene just has weyland talk longer and the engineer looks able to understand English.

What a letdown.

I had thought there was extended dialogue between the engineer and shaw before she set the trilobite on him.

sad sad sad.

I bought the Digital copy via itunes earlier today.

Not desperate to see it again but wanted to listen to the extended dialogue between the engineer and shaw.

Long and short of it, there is no extended dialogue that i can tell.

The deleted scene just has weyland talk longer and the engineer looks able to understand English.

What a letdown.

I had thought there was extended dialogue between the engineer and shaw before she set the trilobite on him.

sad sad sad.

But there is an extended sequence where he attacks her? Right?! :dunno

Ok, finally got around to seeing this last week and when it was over, I had the biggest blank expression on my face. "What the hell did I just watch!!?Is that really Guy Pierce in that horrible old man make-up!? Did I just see live action tentacle rape!? Tom Hardy has a twin brother? Did I actually even enjoy this movie?" All questions going through my mind. The biggest question I have though is why did David slip the black goo into his drink?

@viking. yes. there is. but no dialogue between the two.

was really hoping for a bit more explanation as to why he was so bent on killing shaw and the rest.

Back