Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why didn't he immediately kill them?

Uhm, I don't know. He's not a wild animal? He just woke up? Wanted to take a few seconds to see what the hell had happened?

He can be confused as to how they got there and still have the ability to speak, FYI.

My feeling always was that the Engineer went berserk when he understood that David wasn't human, but rather "made" by humans. He felt it was either a) insulting that humans had made such a "parody" of their (the Engineers') own way of bringing about sentient life in their image or b) dangerous that humans had already reached such a level.
It never seemed logical that the Engineer was just groggy from hypersleep.

It shows that the Engineer might have wondered if humans had evolved into better creations.

Since they managed inter-stellar flight and were able to find them, perhaps they had wizened up a bit.

But what weyland says reminds the engineer what an abomination we are.

Watched this, thought it was fun:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u94wR0NfewE&feature=g-vrec"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u94wR0NfewE&feature=g-vrec[/ame]

My feeling always was that the Engineer went berserk when he understood that David wasn't human, but rather "made" by humans. He felt it was either a) insulting that humans had made such a "parody" of their (the Engineers') own way of bringing about sentient life in their image or b) dangerous that humans had already reached such a level.
It never seemed logical that the Engineer was just groggy from hypersleep.

Agree with the last part. If I woke up and saw a pest next to me, I'd stomp it straight up not talk to it. :hi5:

This movie is so bad,in so many layers,its hard to even analyze it,but its super fun to watch it as....hmm dark parody maybe

The scene when he wakes up,and rips the head of droid,lmao

Just watched it again with the director's commentary.

Listening to him tells me that there are just parts he didn't really think through.

Especially the part with the alien snake. It didn't even strike him that it was strange that anyone would attempt to touch a strange alien like creature :cuckoo:

But he did confirm why he thought the engineer killed David. Like he was insulted that a non human or robot was talking to him as the sub text.

Didn't address why no one even asked shaw what happened to her after her birth :cuckoo:

So overall the commentary didn't really add to what we already know. :monkey2

Thought the movie could have been better if he entertained more people who asked him for his rationale on why things were happening as they were. :gah:

Didn't address why no one even asked shaw what happened to her after her birth :cuckoo:
Why would anyone have asked her? They were fixing up Weyland to take him to the last living engineer..I don't think anyone gave a **** about what had happened to her at that point.

Why would anyone have asked her? They were fixing up Weyland to take him to the last living engineer..I don't think anyone gave a **** about what had happened to her at that point.

You're joking right? No one is interested in what came out? :cuckoo:

I would definitely want to find out what the crap it was and whether it still posed a danger.

Man, these are supposed to be smart people and they don't even do the basic checks.

:cuckoo:

No, why would I be joking? You think a little alien squid is more important to Weyland than meeting god, and possibly obtaining eternal life?

Did they all even know that she just had a c-section?

Either way, Weyland was dying and needed to get to the engineer asap.

The fact that Noomi survived whatever it was without any help also goes to show how little threat it posed.

Plus I'm sure one of Weyland's armed mercenary guys took a peek in the room to see the tiny little harmless squid dead in the medpod....as they walked to meet the 9-foot E.T. that created all life on Earth. :monkey1

No, why would I be joking? You think a little alien squid is more important to Weyland than meeting god, and possibly obtaining eternal life?

Did they all even know that she just had a c-section?

Either way, Weyland was dying and needed to get to the engineer asap.

The fact that Noomi survived whatever it was without any help also goes to show how little threat it posed.

Plus I'm sure one of Weyland's armed mercenary guys took a peek in the room to see the tiny little harmless squid dead in the medpod....as they walked to meet the 9-foot E.T. that created all life on Earth. :monkey1

I honestly think that you are one of the few people who think this way. :thud:

That's what you're supposed to do. :lol

But you have to make sure you tell people that. I got my theory and my extra storyline. But I ain't gonna tell you it's truth.

Back