Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@viking. yes. there is. but no dialogue between the two.

was really hoping for a bit more explanation as to why he was so bent on killing shaw and the rest.

Cool. Thank you.

And I too, am curious about your question? Why Engineer, why?

Try being awakened from a two-thousand year slumber by the creatures you were supposed to annihilate.

But no, it would have made much more sense for him to shake each and every one of their hands' and then show them around the ship.

Ok, finally got around to seeing this last week and when it was over, I had the biggest blank expression on my face. "What the hell did I just watch!!?Is that really Guy Pierce in that horrible old man make-up!? Did I just see live action tentacle rape!? Tom Hardy has a twin brother? Did I actually even enjoy this movie?" All questions going through my mind. The biggest question I have though is why did David slip the black goo into his drink?

The answers aren't hard to find out. At all. Just think.

Weyland said to spike his drink. See what happens.

the extended scene helps a great deal but I guess the title of
the deleted scene and the lead ons during the interviews made me think there was more.

basically I think what weyland said really pissed him off. spoilers ahead.

weyland told him he wanted to live forever.

the engineer asked him why.

weyland said that he created David from nothing. he said this showed his greatness showed he deserved to live forever. said that the engineer and he were the same-they were creators, gods and gods don't die.

the strange thing here is David does not translate this but the engineer seems to understand and proceeds to look at David before taking him apart and killing weyland and company.

I think weyland's arrogance and conceitedness really peeved him off.

that said he should also have understood what shaw had said earlier but chose not to reply.

I'm assuming they deleted that scene because it contradicts the whole "The iRobot Engineers were gonna wipeout the human race so that's why the iRobot Engineer was so mad when the humans woke him up!" theory.

Garbage ass movie. :lol

All it does is suggest that the Jockey thought Weyland was a cocky ass, and he punched him with a head in the head.

That's a very logical reaction. More realistic then TDKR.

nope. I think what weyland said just reinforced how the engineers felt toward Man.

that we are a conceited bunch and undeserving of their genes.

I'm assuming they deleted that scene because it contradicts the whole "The iRobot Engineers were gonna wipeout the human race so that's why the iRobot Engineer was so mad when the humans woke him up!" theory.

Garbage ass movie. :lol
It does not contradict that. It's still the reason he killed them. It was his mission, he wasn't able to complete it at the time, etc. You'd have to be blind or deaf to not understand that at this point. Or even after your first viewing.

Weyland being an arrogant ****** doesn't change anything.

Ok, finally got around to seeing this last week and when it was over, I had the biggest blank expression on my face. "What the hell did I just watch!!?Is that really Guy Pierce in that horrible old man make-up!? Did I just see live action tentacle rape!? Tom Hardy has a twin brother? Did I actually even enjoy this movie?" All questions going through my mind. The biggest question I have though is why did David slip the black goo into his drink?

That's what I was thinking the whole time. That and he has a nice scarf.

When the BR releases I will post a concept map explaining how everyone in every single movie is interrelated through all Predator/ Aliens/ and Firefly movies.

:yess::yess::yess:

552x360px-LL-b60d401b_9bfb08de_why-you-so-crazy-you-are-making-my-head-explode.jpeg

Just thought I'd pass the news if not already known...

Walmart in the US, has the preorder for Prometheus blu ray in-store.
With your preorder, you take home a box that has a code where you can immediately download a digital copy of the movie from hulu or vudu (I forget which one).
Then, when the movie releases in October, you can return to the store to pick up your blu ray copy of the movie.

It does not contradict that.

Actually, it does.

It shows iRobot got upset at what Old Man Memento said, not just by the mere presence of him and humans. It also shows iRobot 100% cognizant and able to carry on a conversation which contradicts the whole "He was angry/confused because he'd been asleep for hundreds/thousands of years and then suddenly he was awakened!" theory.

Which was the assumption before that deleted scene was revealed.

Actually, it does.

It shows iRobot got upset at what Old Man Memento said, not just by the mere presence of him and humans. It also shows iRobot 100% cognizant and able to carry on a conversation which contradicts the whole "He was angry/confused because he'd been asleep for hundreds/thousands of years and then suddenly he was awakened!" theory.

Yup! I think over the majority of threads here and elsewhere most were in consensus that he was suffering from the "wake up" of stasis, in fact (and I'm not going to dig for it at this point, but I believe it was one of the MTV interviews) I think Damon as much as said that he was as effected by stasis as much as humans were. Now they're just going to make it look like the whole scene was just butchered editing. :dunno

Actually, it does.

I don't remember him being angry or confused from the slumber ever being a theory.

But uhh..yeah, no. He killed them because they're humans. Weyland saying what he said doesn't change anything. Right before Weyland and David begin speaking to him, Noomi even asks "Why do you want to kill us? Why do you hate us? What did we do wrong?".

He killed them..because they're human. If Weyland had said "Hello sir, have a nice sleep? Can I get you some breakfast?" He still would have killed them.

Actually, it does.

iRobot, lmao.

Frankly I think he killed the humans because no sooner was he awake and seated on the side of his suspension-chamber, than a bunch of noisy humans immediately and rudely began pelting him with complicated questions. Never harrass anyone just awakened, before they have at least one cup of coffee! Much less someone in hypersleep for a few million years. Its just basic common-sense.

Frankly, my no-coffee freak-out theory makes about as much sense as most of the rest of the film, so I am sticking to it. :)

I don't remember him being angry or confused from the slumber ever being a theory.

ORLY?

*Sets Trap*

He killed them..because they're human.

Then why didn't he just immediately kill them when he woke up?

See how that works? :wave

The theory is, iRobot didn't immediately kill Old Man Memento, Fasstacular and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo because he was disorientated/confused when he awoke from being asleep for thousands of years.

But with the deleted scene which shows him having a conversation with the humans, that contradicts that whole theory.

Back