Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fc3dae3c813df05c0feda1031430337f60a0ba61_m.gif

:lol:rotfl

Don't get me wrong.. I loved it, I was completely Prometheus crazy in the lead up to the movie, and I really enjoyed it, went to see it several times.

But I loved it because it was Ridley Scott doing sci-fi, I loved it because it was "alien" and I think was the most beautifully designed Sci-fi movie in a very very long time.

..but the script was awful IMO. That was the only question I had coming out of the first screening..."How did anyone let this script go unchanged?".

Clumsy, over simplistic and really trying too hard. It's pretty funny to me when people think it was high brow in any way.

I just hate it when people try to over intellectualise badly written material, it's not just this movie, Nolan's Batman movies are similar at times..

But did I have a good movie experience? **** yeah. 3D Blu is on pre-order!

:lol

I agree with you. They dun goofed. They dun goofed hard!

It was the same liquid. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Here's a take I came up with while taking a dump once, the liquid killed the Jockey, broke it down, the reformed it. When it all came together, the goo fused with our DNA, which is why our bodies react differently to it.

Boo ya.

Weren't there two liquids in the urns?

The black ooze, then the liquid in the ampule that David slipped into Charlie's drink?

I wonder if the liquid slipped into Charlie's drink is what the engineer drank..it seemed to have the same effect on Charlie, but at a much slower rate due to the lesser portion...

It was the same liquid. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Here's a take I came up with while taking a dump once, the liquid killed the Jockey, broke it down, the reformed it. When it all came together, the goo fused with our DNA, which is why our bodies react differently to it.

Boo ya.

Yeah, thats pretty much my take as well. Problem is the script writer seemed to have it do whatever they wanted it to as it suited their "narrative".

Ridley was the one who wanted things to be obscure. Lindelof actually wanted to provide more answers.

^ Yeah. I wish people would focus the blame on Ridley for that. They also cut a **** ton of stuff out as well.

Ridley was the one who wanted things to be obscure. Lindelof actually wanted to provide more answers.

No problem with a narrative needing interpretation or being obscure, but I do have a problem being nonsense.

I watched Tree of Life recently for the second time, Ridley obviously did as well judging by the waterfall sequence the DNA creation of life sequences etc. That's probably why he wanted an open interpretation to the script as well. That's not what he shot though, he shot a script which was badly underdeveloped. The questions raised were not profound ones but logic issues.

"I still loved it though"

Lindelof actually wanted to provide more answers.

IMHO, he's still a lousy writer, at least for this movie. I loved Prometheus and look forward to the next installment(s?), but I really hope Ridley gets someone else to do the script because it's obvious Lindelof can't deal with material this open-ended without coming up with hamfisted answers. We don't know what Lindelof's fully spelled-out explanation would've been, but I fear it would've bordered on lame, like a game of connect-the-dots that tried too hard to connect dots that weren't necessarily supposed to be connected. If that makes sense.

Like Rorywan, I'm all for interpretation and obscurity as long as the guidelines for possible explanations are solid and well-conceived. Lindelof's worked, but... well, that's just it. They merely worked. Doesn't mean they were as brilliant as the movie deserved. I had some major "oh, yeah!" moments while watching Prometheus, though not as goosebump-inducing as with other films.

Ridley was right to keep the story in the mist, I'd say.

Damon wrote what Ridley wanted him too. And it was also based off another earlier draft.

.....leave that poor dude alone.

soooo... looks like a DVD version has been leaked...

An early copy of the Prometheus DVD has made its way onto the internet through various places today. Below you can see images of the DVD menu as well as captures of the deleted and alternate scenes included in this early release. These new scenes seem to feature finalized CGI as well as score. Click the read more button to see all the images here in exclusive.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2012/09/09/prometheus-dvd-menu-deleted-scenes-images/

Those deleted scenes fill in at least 4 plot holes. :lol

They acknowledged the squid in the pod, Holloway expresses his feelings as to why, so it's not so vague. They even provide better answers as to what happened, with more then just an educated guess.

I can't wait to watch this on Blu. Yeah, bummed there is no extended edition, but that's what future releases are for. Can't just buy a movie once!

Those deleted scenes fill in at least 4 plot holes. :lol

They acknowledged the squid in the pod, Holloway expresses his feelings as to why, so it's not so vague. They even provide better answers as to what happened, with more then just an educated guess.

Sound interesting. Can't wait to see them.

Back