Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Alien remake/reboot is GO

sigh, here we go again.

well, there's the rare chance that it'll actually be good. in fact, nothing would make me happier than to see a solid alien movie again. but i'd have preferred a great sequel instead of a good reboot.

sigh, here we go again.

well, there's the rare chance that it'll actually be good. in fact, nothing would make me happier than to see a solid alien movie again. but i'd have preferred a great sequel instead of a good reboot.

True that....:lecture:lecture:lecture

I'm waiting for the Hip Hop remake of The Godfather to be announced any day now.:banghead

Not so odd that this annoucement came out the same time for the 30th anniv of ALIEN. :rolleyes: Well hopefully time will tell. I hope Scott does contribute. Maybe writer/exec prod. Perhaps he will have some pull and recommend a good director if he doesn't want to take the job.

A prequel would be nice. But I'm guessing Fox studios will be focusing on the deomographics for this flick and not the story. Just guessing....:huh

Good news!?
I hope this abomination never gets made.

Whoa Nelly! Ridley's been on about a prequel for the past decade. This is his baby, his choice of Director. Fox and their grubby little paws will (hopefully) be kept to providing the dosh only.

Whoa Nelly! Ridley's been on about a prequel for the past decade. This is his baby, his choice of Director. Fox and their grubby little paws will (hopefully) be kept to providing the dosh only.

Unless it's a movie without a single bit of dialogue, I doubt it will do the franchise any good. One screw up will mess with the cannon and continuity of some of the best movies ever. And besides...Ripley won't be in this one, and the alien saga is basically Ripley's journey.

Unless it's a movie without a single bit of dialogue, I doubt it will do the franchise any good. One screw up will mess with the cannon and continuity of some of the best movies ever. And besides...Ripley won't be in this one, and the alien saga is basically Ripley's journey.

Well I guess we'll have to wait and see how it turns out. For now I'm shelving my usual pessimism for an unusually sunny outlook.

To me, the only way this can work as a Prequel is if A) should they show the queen, it be Stan Winston's ALIENS design and proportions, B) the xenomorph has to be exact to Giger's original design, same with the eggs and facehuggers.

This can work with humans, but you'd have to make things somewhat primitive and such that everyone dies and no one is able to get word out of the existence of these creatures so that ALIEN's storyline still works.

Well, I think this film has a better shot of being better than "Predators".

Well, obviously Human Characters will be in this, so draw your own conclusions. I don't believe it will be very tough to figure out. :monkey1

Well, I think this film has a better shot of being better than "Predators".

If Ridley's involvement can be like George Lucas with Empire and Return of the Jedi, quite possibly. Lucas made sure the new directors kept his vision. If Ridley does the same, but just wants someone else to handle the directing headaches, then this could be ok.

Hmmm...
This is interesting, at least it is confirmed that Ridley is involved.

I'm not sure what to think of the idea of a prequel though...
In a way, AvP and AvP-R are prequels already. I suppose you could make a movie relating the events immediately before Alien, i.e. how WY set-up the whole thing putting Ash on board the Nostromo and everything, while showing the catastrophe onboard the derelict ship in flashbacks, but then you don't have the cast anymore... (well, you do, but they're too old) so int hat scenario, it would be a prequel and reboot if they decided to go with new actors playing the characters from the original. Sort of like Star Trek.
Or they could simply say bugger AvP and AvP-R and do a prequel that sets up why WY knew about the aliens, but without going into the Ripley story-line. But then you're basically setting up a reboot anyway. 'Cause let's be honest here, Fox isn't doing this to make a one-off, this is to relaunch the whole franchise.
So either way, we're looking at a reboot IMHO.

Back