Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Alien remake/reboot is GO

What? where? :confused:

Must've missed it.

Anyway, it doesn't really bother me.
Maybe, with Scott behind it (producer) we'll get a very cool new Alien movie. And if it turns out crap, at least we'll get cool toys out of it.
And we can still go back and watch the original.

Sorry should have mentioned the other thread is in TV & Movies.

Hollywood is ruining classics!!! :(

Hollywood is just being Hollywood, in their eyes they aren't ruining anything. What is being ruined? Alien (1979) will still remain the same film, the same classic.

Nothing has changed ..................... if people want they can boycott these films so they crash financially but that will never happen because even the people that complain about them still go to see them and hence support Hollywoods quest for remakes.

Remake? Why not just sequel, or completely different story? I don't need to see another Ripley. Hope ADI doesn't do the Alien. Their's are too much like animals.

Re: Alien Reboot!!!

With Ridley involved and the chance it might be an origins film
gives it a chance of beeing good or even great, but its going to take
a hell of a lot more than that to impress me.
WHY THE F@$# IS FOX DOING THIS??????

I guess the fox dopes are trying to compete w/Paramount? W/Star Trek in all I guess. But yeah stupid indeed! :yuck

Well, according to the bloody disgusting news link in the first post, this may actually be an origins story and not a straight up remake.

Let's hope...

:mad:

Don't believe anything unless Fox makes an official announcement. If anything, there might have been a few meetings about an Origins Story Pitch that got leaked IMO, that doesn't mean Fox will commit to anything.

Meh, whatever. That shouldn't really detract from the original.

An originins story sounds interesting, but to make a movie out of it will require it to have people in it. That can't be anything but lame.

An originins story sounds interesting, but to make a movie out of it will require it to have people in it. That can't be anything but lame.

I agree, but I would probably be one of only ten people in the world to go see a completely dialog free origin film involving the xenomorphs and the space jockey race. I really would enjoy that film! At least I can imagine it anyway.

Well the original is virtually perfect, so if this is done with respect it might add another interesting chapter to the series, if not, what the hey, it's only a movie!

It's impossible to remake Alien, it's just too iconic and damn near perfect. If it's a prequel or new movie under Scott's influence it may be cool.

But if they reboot it will be more pointless than a broken pencil.

Don't believe anything unless Fox makes an official announcement. If anything, there might have been a few meetings about an Origins Story Pitch that got leaked IMO, that doesn't mean Fox will commit to anything.

Dude are you sure about that, this IS Fox we're talking about :D

if it's an origin...cool. if not...:monkey4.

can no one come up with 'original' ideas anymore? why not just make up your own alien/horror story instead of re-making someone else's?

Back