Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Alien remake/reboot is GO

Reboot? All the people in Hollywood and they can't come up with something new? Shameful.

The origin of the species - cool.

The Navigator species from the first movie - cool, ending with the crash on the planet.

Hhhh.... Just when I thought things in Hollywood couldn't get any worse. :slap

A reboot is fine.....but it sounds like they're doing a remake. Which is FUBAR.

funny-pictures-sad-cat-blackandwhite.jpg

Re: Alien Reboot!!!

wow now this is something I'm not seeing. I'll see predators but the pred and alien movies were on different levels. I'm not touchin this one. I made the mistake of watching the remake of a movie I truly loved and lived to regret it (RZ's Halloween). So I don't even wanna watch the trailer for this.

Is this a reboot or a remake?

A reboot is just a different movie, doesnt have to follow the other films, no previous characters....nothing.

A remake is just that. Which is tarded.

A reboot, i'm fine with.

Yeah, a remake is unnecessary on all levels. But a reboot might be interesting. My major concern is that they'll redesign the alien.

hey i wonder if they are gonna name the new Alien. ALIEN 2, since there never technically was one lOl. or ALIEN 2000. im sure they will come up with a GREAT name for it....

My concerns lie with the fact that it was made clear in ALIEN that it was the 1st encounter with either species (Jockeys and Xenos). However, with a prequel, there's sure to be a human element to the story. This will entirely screw up the Alien's mystique IMO.

Part of the franchise's allure is the fact that aliens are shrouded in darkness.
Shine too much light on them and we get AVP.

What bothers me the most is the lack of care studios are showing with these things. They're getting music video/ TV commercial directors for these things. I don't understand why they even bother putting them into production with such half-assed effort behind them.

What bothers me the most is the lack of care studios are showing with these things. They're getting music video/ TV commercial directors for these things. I don't understand why they even bother putting them into production with such half-assed effort behind them.

:lecture
100% truth.

Ridley Scott was a commercial director before he got his break so that doesn't bother me so much........but giving us a new Ripley and such.....:emperor

I have to admit this doesn't bother me either, everybody starts somewhere. Many good and some great directors come from advertising and promo work, it's where you find your feet.
Ridley Scott
Alan Parker
David Fincher
Spike Jonze
Michael Gondry
Alfonso Cuarón
All started out like this.
But I will agree that they need people who can bring something to a story, people who 'need' to make movies rather than those who just want to, as a stepping stone to the next project.

I think 'vision' is the thing that is all too often overlooked in favour of 'ambition'.

The Alien has already been redesigned into ^^^^. It cant get any worse then what ADI has shat out over the years.

I understand all directors come from small things, it just seems like a lot of the ones that are getting used for this sort of film are fresh off that kind of work. Like Brothers Strauss and AVPR, if they didn't copy so much of the original Alien and Predator films, I don't know how AVPR would have turned out, I just fear the same with this one. FOX just seems to put little into the Alien and Predator franchises, low budgets, directors with little behind them. The only hope for Predators is that it has an established director.

Back