Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Alien remake/reboot is GO

AvP and AvP-R dont exist. Period. Weyland never KNEW about the Aliens until Alien.

Just saw this on Sci-Fi.com...

Producer Tony Scott confirmed to Collider.com that he and brother Ridley Scott are developing a prequel film to Ridley's original Alien movie, with Carl Rinsch directing.
<!-- Secondary Media Source BEGINS -->
<!-- /Secondary Media Source ENDS -->The news confirms the rumor first reported by Bloody-Disgusting that an Alien remake was in the works for 20th Century Fox.
"Carl Rinsch is going to do the prequel to Alien," Scott told Collider while promoting The Taking of Pelham 123. "He's one of our directors at our company."
Tony Scott added: "I'm excited because Ridley created the original, and Carl Rinsch is one of the family."
Scott said that he hopes to get the movie before cameras ""hopefully [by] the end of the year" for a summer 2011 release.

Edit: OOPS! Someone already posted the news. :eek:

I for one am looking forward to this. We should stay optimistic until we see footage. If the Scott brothers are involved and trust their baby with Rinsch, I don't think there's anything to worry about...until we see footage.

I for one am looking forward to this. We should stay optimistic until we see footage. If the Scott brothers are involved and trust their baby with Rinsch, I don't think there's anything to worry about...until we see footage.

After the news of it being a prequel, I'm a bit more optimistic too :)

A remake is just unnecessary, but a prequel might work...

I hope their doing some background story on the Space Jockey. I've read somewhere that Ridley Scott showed interest in telling the backstory of him too.

Wikipedia:
The Book of Alien notes that the actors and crew felt instinctively that the Space Jockey was a benign creature, though they could not say why. In the bonus materials of the special edition Alien DVD, director Ridley Scott expresses the opinion that a film exploring the backstory of the Space Jockey would be an interesting direction for the series to take.

I think that would be a good idea, but somehow there have to be humans in it I guess... Although I wouldn't mind a film just about Space Jockey's race and their contact with the Aliens...

Re: Alien Reboot!!!

The old Alien was too slow and technical. The new one will be faster paced, with more action scenes, similar to the new Star Trek. Also, old Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) will go back in time, meeting with young Ripley (Amy Adams), subtly changing the story and creating an "alternate timeline." As such, no one will be able to complain because the original "universe" will still exist, just in another reality!

Also, taking a page from several horror remakes, the Alien here will be much more "realistic," yet more "brutal," and will have a more fully fleshed out story. We will know of the child abuse and trauma that led the Alien to become a remorseless killer.

Giger is still pissed off I think, after Alien 3 when they stopped talking to him once they got his design. So Giger will be very reluctant IMO.

I'm sure the Scott's can bring him round, and as long as he is given full credit for the visual creation of the Alien (all he's ever really wanted), but Fox new it was too big an 'image' to let him have artistic control of so just tried to ignore he existed.
I'm still very hopeful for this one. Very hopeful indeed!

I'm really interested in this project now i know Ridley Scott is involved and it's a prequel. With all the remakes that are being churned out i was sure Alien would be next.

I'm glad this and Terminator are breaking the trend.

Okay, I didn't want to start a new thread for this but I had an epiphany last night while watching the Special Edition of Aliens, which includes all of the previously deleted scenes. I went on to write a lengthy post here, but then it did not apply, as my session must have timed out and I lost all of what was previously written. So I'm going to just post the main idea here now.

While watching the beginning of the film, it occurred to me that there is a rather large window of time which remains unexplored and is currently left to the imagination. I think it would make for a great film to show the events which unfold after the "rescue" of Ripley, and her expressing the events of the demise of the Nostromo to the board of inquiry. This new film could show the events which take place on LV-426 up to the point of Newt being the last uninfected survivor.

Key events could include:
Transmission by Carter Burke to check the grid reference, maybe even with a cameo by Paul Riser.

The original outbreak showing the discovery of the derelict and gestation of Newt's father.

This first Alien taking one or two colonists captive and back to the clutch of eggs in the derelict.

The creation of the Queen by way of a Queen Chestburster, as in Alien3 Director's Cut.

Creation of the hive and subsequent taking of all 157 colonists, along with all the fighting and carnage that that would entail.

So much more good stuff, by head might explode! :lol

Newt's story would have to be a central theme, and casting of the perfect young actress would be paramount to the success of the film.

This could be a perfect compliment to the already existing film, Aliens. If handled properly, I think this could be awesome. All of the talk of the reboot/remake of Alien, and seeing that this might mean more from the franchise, I really think this would be an imaginative way to proceed. Also, I think it is all the recent attention to the remake/reboot that fired my imagination into this direction. Perhaps this story has been suggested elsewhere before, but if so, I am unaware. I know there is a Dark Horse series entitled "Newt's Tale," but I am unaware of the particulars of that story, as I have yet to read it.

Maybe I should approach Ridley Scott and James Cameron with my idea. Perhaps I should not just be posting such a fantastic idea up on the forum for everyone to read.

All the ideas and thoughts in this post are therefore the intellectual property of me! :D

Posted in the Alien Thread, but all I got were blank stares...
Thought I would try here, because this idea really intrigues me...

Okay, I didn't want to start a new thread for this but I had an epiphany last night while watching the Special Edition of Aliens, which includes all of the previously deleted scenes. I went on to write a lengthy post here, but then it did not apply, as my session must have timed out and I lost all of what was previously written. So I'm going to just post the main idea here now.

While watching the beginning of the film, it occurred to me that there is a rather large window of time which remains unexplored and is currently left to the imagination. I think it would make for a great film to show the events which unfold after the "rescue" of Ripley, and her expressing the events of the demise of the Nostromo to the board of inquiry. This new film could show the events which take place on LV-426 up to the point of Newt being the last uninfected survivor.

Key events could include:
Transmission by Carter Burke to check the grid reference, maybe even with a cameo by Paul Riser.

The original outbreak showing the discovery of the derelict and gestation of Newt's father.

This first Alien taking one or two colonists captive and back to the clutch of eggs in the derelict.

The creation of the Queen by way of a Queen Chestburster, as in Alien3 Director's Cut.

Creation of the hive and subsequent taking of all 157 colonists, along with all the fighting and carnage that that would entail.

So much more good stuff, by head might explode! :lol

Newt's story would have to be a central theme, and casting of the perfect young actress would be paramount to the success of the film.

This could be a perfect compliment to the already existing film, Aliens. If handled properly, I think this could be awesome. All of the talk of the reboot/remake of Alien, and seeing that this might mean more from the franchise, I really think this would be an imaginative way to proceed. Also, I think it is all the recent attention to the remake/reboot that fired my imagination into this direction. Perhaps this story has been suggested elsewhere before, but if so, I am unaware. I know there is a Dark Horse series entitled "Newt's Tale," but I am unaware of the particulars of that story, as I have yet to read it.

Maybe I should approach Ridley Scott and James Cameron with my idea. Perhaps I should not just be posting such a fantastic idea up on the forum for everyone to read.

All the ideas and thoughts in this post are therefore the intellectual property of me! :D

I know a lot of people, myself included. want a prequel movie with either the Space Jockey or the Hive Planet something-or-other.

And old school Aliens looking too, not one of these AvP bull^^^^ looking movie!!!!

Whey rebooting something classic? I rather them making Alien5 and let me ^^^^^ about it later -_-"

Look it's not like the old black and white King Kong that you might thought about rebooting into colour and CG... but Alien?! come on!?

Hey guys, bad news!!! Turns out Ridley Scott won't be taking part in the Alien
prequel. This Sux really bad.

Collider recently caught up with Tony Scott at The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 junket where he confirmed that an Alien prequel is in motion. He also confirmed that commercial director Carl Rinsch will be directing. It was previously speculated that Ridley Scott was going to go back to do a prequel, but that is no longer the case.

You can read the rest here. https://thefilmstage.com/

That's the Film Stage's interpretation of the article by Collider... there's nothing in Collider's original article that says both Ridley and Tony Scott would not be producing.
Guess we'll just have to wait for more official news from Fox to be sure...

I want to see Aliens vs Aliens in this one. It would be cool to see what happened to the "Space Jockey" aliens.

I am just happy to see them trying to do something with Ridley Scott involved, help me erase the last 2 from my memory.

Back