Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the figure needs is a paint graduation at the hairline and eyebrows. As I said in my initial impression of the figure it's very stark between hair/skin. Although I was pleasantly surprised by a subtle enough 5 o clock shadow on the stock figure - not overdone. Obviously he shouldn't look like he's growing a beard.

What a Disappointment was this Neca 1/4 Terminator 2 head sculpt :banghead ...Without the glasses, compared to the 2up prototypes, it's almost unreal how amazing those 1/4 scale sculpts are and how average this head sculpt is. Good thing with the skin at least, as I'v seen on the reviews, it's a very good skin texture compared to other previous 1/4 scale figures. Hope they will do a better job if there will be a damaged version.

Check out the 2 links / pictures below:

https://i0.wp.com/itakon.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/2015_NYTF_NECA52__scaled_600.jpg?fit=650,800

https://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2009/NecaT2/IMG_3011.JPG

As I've said before I really wish I had that Man or Machine 2 up. Love that endo-arm with the flesh remnants plus the muscle detail of the arms.

As far as the 1:4 sculpt - I'm pretty sure it's the very same sculpt...just the paint at mass production usually won't be better than the prototypes.

Last edited:
It's not. If you look at the details, eybrows, eyes, etc, you will see the differences. Check the latest YouTube review posted this week and you will see it's got nothing to do with the paint. The Important details that make the 2up so good are changed, maybe it is to expensive �� ho knows.

I'm with a-Dev on this one, I think it's the exact same sculpt just not panted as good as those awesome 2-ups.

The 1:4 scale figure is based on the same old T2 Arnold head NECA's had all along, any differences in quality from what we've seen at conventions on 2-ups and the 1/4 scale figure would be caused in the upscaling process.

Most of NECA's modern 1/4 figures are seen in prototype form at 1/4 scale already, and if anything, shrunken down later for smaller scales.

Blowing up a 12" figure scaled head to 18" figure scale is like blowing up a small photo in the computer to double the size, there's always detail loss and distortion and being a quick cash grab, I'm sure NECA didn't put much effort in to refine any issues and said it was good enough.

No argument from me that it's a cash grab effort...nevertheless it's one that I'm thoroughly enjoying - albeit aided by my having Enterbay parts to use with it.

Looking pretty sweet! I assume the handgun and sunglasses are still there, just not pictured. Wonder if NECA included any extra little bonus surprises with this one; they have done that before with some of their Q scale figures.

Dang this jaw and chin, even with shades this think is looking a bit off, nevertheless for the price, it's OK, I still think the best T2 likeness was in that 1st ENTERBAY T2 HD, which I hate myself for not buying another one back then so that I could have used my mini gun that came with the BD version couple of years later.

IMG_6842.JPG

Alas the Enterbay figures are bigger.

Not too bad next to the Hot Toys Endoskeleton though.

IMG_6843.JPG

Last edited:
Alas the Enterbay figures are bigger.
Thanks man! Thats what I was wondering.

Going to order T-1000 soon. Im building some display shelves kind of like the shelves Cocoboloboy on here use to make. Ill do separate shelves for the two since T-1000 is bigger.

Not too bad next to the Hot Toys Endoskeleton though.

attachment.php
they fit excellent actually.
now you only need a Neca 1/4 T1 sinister killer cyborg to replace the parade daddy figure, and it'll be a perfect match.

they fit excellent actually.
now you only need a Neca 1/4 T1 sinister killer cyborg to replace the parade daddy figure, and it'll be a perfect match.

And it could probably look better too because the NECA figure's body is turned away slightly, you're not seeing the full width.

I'd absolutely love a Tech Noir figure. It doesn't feel right to have a collection of 1:4 scalers with no T1 T-800.

Got my 1/4 T-800 in today! Overall, it's an awesome figure. I thought the limited articulation would annoy me more, but for the character it's not really a big deal. Paintwork and sculpting is excellent! The detail is really well done on this one. The barrel of the minigun can even spin!

Also didn't need to really heat any joints out of the box like I usually do so that was nice. Though his left leg seems longer than his right. That's my biggest complaint.

Overall it's the excellent paintwork and sculpting that really makes the figure for me. Looks amazing.

44385e5f541b4e7ff464fb7fbd995ef1.jpg
7eb4f068a506109266a01629d998602d.jpg
20176a98164e699c98775cec6a54c8b0.jpg
eaa114bcec53cc00055ad2edbf2044d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Also there's been a fair number of pictures already, but for those of you wanting a closer look at the head sculpt here's with and without glasses up close.

7f9569b26b1731f1fa02d8bd742b8d1b.jpg
59ee79bf9826094ae7a0669ba5b75c61.jpg
d969d44e9e43650ebd9b975a6e75a04f.jpg
6ddeb4e8fdb641f1eefe9866cd864440.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Great quality shots man.

That damn leg issue is annoying - so many figures with this now and it can be a problem at the hip or the foot or any other joint in the legs of a figure.

Glad you're enjoying it otherwise.

Back