Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that's what they need to do. Even a 1/4 police shootout would be cool from NECA, especially since HT bailed on that one.

Has anyone seen this? It looks pretty neat for what it is.

https://youtu.be/wMH2vVO21p0

dsc01160x3-1000x667615606546.jpg

screenshot_20171010-113928869806609.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty cool

Yeah that's what they need to do. Even a 1/4 police shootout would be cool from NECA, especially since HT bailed on that one.

I'd buy it probably but it definitely would be my last choice as I think it's NECA's weakest effort. They must have been stuck with a particular budget because otherwise surely they would sculpted an entirely new head with the proper hair for that scene. If there's one thing NECA does better than every other company it's the hair - except on the Police Station Assault figure.

I also don't like the Ultimate figure's tiny waist and legs. The Tech Noir would have these too but that longer jacket at least disguises the little waist and helps hide the diaper thing...

Getting this figure any day now.... Adev... Sick mods buddy. Now I need to find some 1/4 scale hands and a t-shirt to hide that nasty torso joint [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Yeah, do it if you can find the parts. I'm loving my Galleria kitbash (and my stock Cyberdyne version I hasten to add).

I remember when I first thought of using a real fabric T-shirt on the figure only to then realise it has to be tucked into the pants for T2. I thought that was the idea out the window. However when I received the figure I discovered there is indeed space there to tuck it in all the way around. Then the only problem is the sleeves - unfortunately I saw no option but to cut those off, thereby ruining this T-shirt for any other usage - I just really wanted to do this.

I'm having a 1/6 shotgun enlarged by a friend of mine. Just need a t-shirt and someone to spare or a company to produce some 1/4 hands. Your quarter scale figures look "excellent" my friend!!

In all my excitement I kinda forgot to lace in some negativity. Imagine that. There are some QC annoyances, probably even more with my second one than my first.

Those old cut joints in the left leg, mid-thigh and mid-calve - A) both of them weren't fitting together properly and I wasn't able to fix that without gluing them together. This doesn't bother me so much because when you can swivel the leg at the hip and turn it at the knee you don't really need those joints to be operational. Also, using those joints disrupts the sculpting of the pantleg - which brings me to B) the sculpting isn't lining up properly anyway. There's these 'ledges' at the mid-thigh joint -

IMG_6776 (Medium).JPG
IMG_6779 (Medium).JPG

Then my most hated (and recurring) NECA QC issue of all - one leg being longer than the other. Yep, I swear to god this must be an issue with at least one in 3 of any given figure with leg articulation. My Michelangelo had this issue aswell. I fixed him only to now have a really loose swivel of that leg.

I mostly managed to correct it on the T-800 but not without causing internal damage to the leg that may have been needless as it turned out. And all because NECA just can't seem to put out articulated figures that can stand up straight. :gah:

Now this isn't a QC issue - just weirdness:

IMG_6771 (Medium).JPG
IMG_6780 (Medium).JPG

Why have they got this so lopsided? You have much bigger gaps on one side meaning the articulation ends up uneven - I hate that. I like visual and functional symmetry.

IMG_6774 (Medium).JPG

^^I stuffed cotton wool into the big gaps so now my figure isn't slouching to one side anymore (as it was doing rather too easily with simple handling).

I think it's like DiFabio was saying about the 7'' figures - they're taking somewhat preposed statue-like figures and giving them articulation but you still see evidence that it was originally sculpted to a particular pose. If they were sculpting from scratch you wouldn't have an oddity like the above pics where they've cut the joint in such a peculiar lopsided way.

Lastly this area is a bit of an eyesore:

IMG_6784 (Medium).JPG
IMG_6786 (Medium).JPG

I'm having a 1/6 shotgun enlarged by a friend of mine. Just need a t-shirt and someone to spare or a company to produce some 1/4 hands. Your quarter scale figures look "excellent" my friend!!

Thanks man. And yes, I too can't use the word excellent without thinking it in Arnie's voice.

Thanks for the heads up Dev. I shall mod/repair mine accordingly. I also plan on repainting a few parts of the figure. I'll post here once complete. Sick photos as always guys!! Keep em coming.

Seeing them in the same shot, the small addition of the black shirt from Enterbay really helps this figure out, I think it makes the neck area look better than the stock figure, and the overall physique looks better, nice custom you have. If I had the same parts I'd be tempted to get the NECA, part of me still wants to pursue getting the original Enterbay clean figure back, I know it has flaws but I loved seeing that thing in my display, the flaws were noticable at a micro view but just taking in the full figure, it was the first time I ever felt I finally had T2 Arnold properly in my collection, better than any HT before it or any other company.

I had in mind something like this with that pose

vlcsnap-2017-10-13-18h10m25s135.jpg

firing and retreating.

Thanks for the heads up Dev. I shall mod/repair mine accordingly. I also plan on repainting a few parts of the figure. I'll post here once complete. Sick photos as always guys!! Keep em coming.

Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Seeing them in the same shot, the small addition of the black shirt from Enterbay really helps this figure out, I think it makes the neck area look better than the stock figure, and the overall physique looks better, nice custom you have.

vlcsnap-2017-10-13-18h02m56s9.jpg

If I had the same parts I'd be tempted to get the NECA, part of me still wants to pursue getting the original Enterbay clean figure back, I know it has flaws but I loved seeing that thing in my display, the flaws were noticable at a micro view but just taking in the full figure, it was the first time I ever felt I finally had T2 Arnold properly in my collection, better than any HT before it or any other company.

If I ever did feel the same I don't anymore. That's why I was willing to port so many of his parts over to this NECA figure.

I had in mind something like this with that pose

View attachment 371480

firing and retreating.

Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

View attachment 371479

If I ever did feel the same I don't anymore. That's why I was willing to port so many of his parts over to this NECA figure.
Don't suppose you have any spare hands do you buddy? And I will post here once complete but the lack of a kind that shirt is a huge bummer for me... I think the other joints are well hidden but that torso joint is nasty as hell!!

None spare. As in I never bought any extras even when there was opportunities via part-outs on ebay - I didn't envision having need of them.

We both need to keep our eyes peeled for part-outs or other options in future. I don't enjoy the fact that I had to destroy the Enterbay black T-shirt for this custom.

The joint doesn't bother me so much but, if you end up having to paint the T-shirt black, the joint, in theory, might become less visible.

As we've discussed often in these threads, the perfect T2 T-800 seems intangible. For me, overall, I'd notice and be bothered more by the over protruding jaw on the NECA than the hair/back of head on the Enterbay clean head, the right viewing angle could hide that and from the neck down was quite awesome.

None spare. As in I never bought any extras even when there was opportunities via part-outs on ebay - I didn't envision having need of them.

We both need to keep our eyes peeled for part-outs or other options in future. I don't enjoy the fact that I had to destroy the Enterbay black T-shirt for this custom.

The joint doesn't bother me so much but, if you end up having to paint the T-shirt black, the joint, in theory, might become less visible.
I shall paint it and see how that works. If needed I'll sculpt over the joint but I agree. I'll let you know if I find anything buddy.

Hah, that did briefly cross my mind that you might have been equating Mikey with John Connor.

As we've discussed often in these threads, the perfect T2 T-800 seems intangible. For me, overall, I'd notice and be bothered more by the over protruding jaw on the NECA than the hair/back of head on the Enterbay clean head, the right viewing angle could hide that and from the neck down was quite awesome.

Definitely the opposite for me. Have to say I don't even like the proportions anymore. Too lanky for Arnie whereas I think NECA really nails his build as well as the all-important hair.

Too lanky for Arnie whereas I think NECA really nails his build
erm, nope.
judging by your own photo, Neca's T2s are bulky like actual T1s.

attachment.php

which isn't bad at all, and actually is good, but i still disagree with your point.

p.s. while googling T2s, i found this shot. wtf is this, why does it look like daylight? i didn't know light saturation could be done without image quality loss.

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Terminator-2-3D-Argentina.jpg

though now i can see a jurassic park reminder on left mirror for the first time.

Back