Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be honest, your work outpaces your advert boarder which feels dated. It definitely needs to be brought up to the times - use a watermark or some other denotation of your name. The boarder and bulky title takes the focus away from your art and work, it draws the audience eyes away from what you're trying to showcase. You do excellent work, don't let something take the limelight away from that.

I'll be honest, your work outpaces your advert boarder which feels dated. It definitely needs to be brought up to the times - use a watermark or some other denotation of your name. The boarder and bulky title takes the focus away from your art and work, it draws the audience eyes away from what you're trying to showcase. You do excellent work, don't let something take the limelight away from that.
Thank you man. I'm honestly touched by your words. So you think just the photo with my watermark over the top?

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Thank you man. I'm honestly touched by your words. So you think just the photo with my watermark over the top?

I've decided on a format I'm happy with. Here ya'll go and if you would like something similar done to your figure please feel free to shoot me a pm or via Facebook
bce7799e8bc2bced160e97af4df55f73.jpg
0d809527b2f43845f155602837f5ba9c.jpg
468ae45c3db598cd5504d8f28298119c.jpg
eb5081254d0701c616793bce490095dd.jpg
911ee45d1a527ed7291173b5ce2c62cc.jpg

sob.jpg

Just got the figure in Monday...NECA QC strikes again! SON OF A... what would you guys do? Exchange it or fix it somehow? (Piece is completely missing by the way... I would have to make something to glue in.)

''Will there be Preacher series 2 figures?''

answer - Unlikely.

Shock horror. So an entire license acquisition that was a bit of a waste then (and was predictably so). But we seemingly can't get John Connor from T2 even though all the required licensing is already there (by Randy's admission) and there would be ways to release him to encourage sales even if they didn't want to release him as a standalone (as demonstrated by Newt from Aliens).

I love you NECA but I don't understand your position on this.

''Will there be Preacher series 2 figures?''

answer - Unlikely.

Shock horror. So an entire license acquisition that was a bit of a waste then (and was predictably so). But we seemingly can't get John Connor from T2 even though all the required licensing is already there (by Randy's admission) and there would be ways to release him to encourage sales even if they didn't want to release him as a standalone (as demonstrated by Newt from Aliens).

I love you NECA but I don't understand your position on this.
You will never drop the John Connor case will you a-dev? [emoji16] And rightfully so, it's absolutely ridiculous at this point. The only way I can see it happening now is if there's just some massive push from the fans; seems too far past NECA just doing him on their own merits.

Yeah I'm having a hard time letting go of this one because A) my T2 collection is a constant reminder of the single solitary character it is missing

My T-800s - protector of no one
Sarah Connor - mother and co-protector of no one
T-1000 - targeting no one for Termination

and B) they're making kid characters from various other properties, some of them really ****ing niche, so it just makes no sense to me at all why they won't go near John Connor.

Same arguments apply to NECA T1, so at least they’re consistent.

Not really, you can still have the T1 T-800 figures hunt down the T2 Sarah Connor! Atleast as a character she actually got a 7" figure made of her at her most toyetic and action packed.

Poor John didn't even get represented. Boggles the mind that Newt, Burke, Kevin Mcalister, Weird Al, the Christmas story family, the Hunter Games, Valerian, and Twilight teenagers etc. all get plastic representations, but not good ole' John Connor.

The NECA Terminator line had a fantastic start with so much potential, but they really did just get lazy with all of it. What is with that T2:3D "line". They made and designed all new packaging for ONE repacked Ultimate 7" T-800 with a cardboard Rose box and a blown up 18" T-800? I just don't understand. It's not just Terminator either, there really hasn't been anything noteworthy for the past year now. Randy has been quiet for months on twitter, SDCC was underwhelming, there hasn't been any great reveals, the things they hype up as "game changers" as of late have been nothing special. It's like they peaked and that was it.

I'll eat my words if they do something interesting in the coming weeks (are we going to get a 7" Returns Catwoman, Devito Penguin and Burt Ward Robin for Christmas or what) or in February, but man, nothing is looking good right now. If Toy Fair 2018 is as disappointing as SDCC 2017 in terms of offerings, I'm not even going to be interested in buying anything from them for atleast a full year.

What the **** is this?

IMG_9164.JPG

This is the same company that shoots down ideas for things because the ideas supposedly "don't sell well" or are "too niche" or whatever. Granted this is an exclusive "limited" to only 2000 pieces, but still.

If you're going to do Christmas figures, forget that thing, a Christmas Story, Home Alone, and a Christmas Story mego dolls. Do some ****ing Die Hard action figures. You could easily do a ton of variations for John McClane (just from the first movie even) and have Hans Gruber, Karl Ellis, etc. So many characters wear a plain black suit with a tie, so you could easily get your money's worth for one mold with the Johnson agents, Argyle, etc. being just newly sculpted heads.

NECA has some of the best sculptors in the business, but it's just boring now. They finally perfected the articulation (for the most part) but now it's like "oh we can't do Beetlejuice. We can't do Die Hard". Those cult classics were some of your very first forays into the action figure market. All these other companies take those on, but you can't?

Not really, you can still have the T1 T-800 figures hunt down the T2 Sarah Connor! Atleast as a character she actually got a 7" figure made of her at her most toyetic and action packed.

Poor John didn't even get represented. Boggles the mind that Newt, Burke, Kevin Mcalister, Weird Al, the Christmas story family, the Hunter Games, Valerian, and Twilight teenagers etc. all get plastic representations, but not good ole' John Connor.

The NECA Terminator line had a fantastic start with so much potential, but they really did just get lazy with all of it. What is with that T2:3D "line". They made and designed all new packaging for ONE repacked Ultimate 7" T-800 with a cardboard Rose box and a blown up 18" T-800? I just don't understand. It's not just Terminator either, there really hasn't been anything noteworthy for the past year now. Randy has been quiet for months on twitter, SDCC was underwhelming, there hasn't been any great reveals, the things they hype up as "game changers" as of late have been nothing special. It's like they peaked and that was it.

I'll eat my words if they do something interesting in the coming weeks (are we going to get a 7" Returns Catwoman, Devito Penguin and Burt Ward Robin for Christmas or what) or in February, but man, nothing is looking good right now. If Toy Fair 2018 is as disappointing as SDCC 2017 in terms of offerings, I'm not even going to be interested in buying anything from them for atleast a full year.

What the **** is this?

View attachment 376998

This is the same company that shoots down ideas for things because the ideas supposedly "don't sell well" or are "too niche" or whatever. Granted this is an exclusive "limited" to only 2000 pieces, but still.

If you're going to do Christmas figures, forget that thing, a Christmas Story, Home Alone, and a Christmas Story mego dolls. Do some ****ing Die Hard action figures. You could easily do a ton of variations for John McClane (just from the first movie even) and have Hans Gruber, Karl Ellis, etc. So many characters wear a plain black suit with a tie, so you could easily get your money's worth for one mold with the Johnson agents, Argyle, etc. being just newly sculpted heads.

NECA has some of the best sculptors in the business, but it's just boring now. They finally perfected the articulation (for the most part) but now it's like "oh we can't do Beetlejuice. We can't do Die Hard". Those cult classics were some of your very first forays into the action figure market. All these other companies take those on, but you can't?
Very well said DiFabio. I love a lot of stuff about NECA but there's also so much stuff that I'll never understand or is simply stupid. Unfortunately they probably won't listen to you.

Do some ****ing Die Hard action figures. You could easily do a ton of variations for John McClane (just from the first movie even) and have Hans Gruber, Karl Ellis, etc. So many characters wear a plain black suit with a tie, so you could easily get your money's worth for one mold with the Johnson agents, Argyle, etc. being just newly sculpted heads.
Oh **** yes.

NECA has some of the best sculptors in the business, but it's just boring now. They finally perfected the articulation
Yeah, I just got old Ash from the TV show for a custom, don't really care about it, but I was blown away by the sculpt, it seriously Mezco-tier quality with much better likeness than what Mezco can achieve, then I realized the thing has double jointed elbows and doesn't even look like it, it's hidden in the sculpt, and also the soft torso with articulation inside.

First thing I thought; "if only they had a better selection recently".

You guys think that ToysRus' state has an affect on what we're seeing?
I suspect so.
When a retail giant is in a downward spiral, it's never good news for specialty items.

Imagine if ToysRUs closes its doors for good.... what will become of NECA?
Are the other retailers/ e-tailers enough?

Randy might simply be focusing on this issue, or the next step.

Same arguments apply to NECA T1, so at least they’re consistent.

I've just never thought there was any chance for T1 Sarah so I've not obsessed about getting her. I probably would if T2 John happened.

The NECA Terminator line had a fantastic start with so much potential, but they really did just get lazy with all of it.

They've stopped so painfully close to the finish line is my problem. I know I've made lists of variants they could still make but John Connor alone would bring a great sense of completion to the T2 line.

What the **** is this?

View attachment 376998

This is the same company that shoots down ideas for things because the ideas supposedly "don't sell well" or are "too niche" or whatever.

I honestly have no idea what that is, never heard of it. Looks well done but...how many people are buying that?

If you're going to do Christmas figures, forget that thing, a Christmas Story, Home Alone, and a Christmas Story mego dolls. Do some ****ing Die Hard action figures.

The lack of official Die Hard figures can only be because Willis is being a ***t about it. I'm convinced of this. The toy-collector demand is there.

You guys think that ToysRus' state has an affect on what we're seeing?
I suspect so.
When a retail giant is in a downward spiral, it's never good news for specialty items.

Imagine if ToysRUs closes its doors for good.... what will become of NECA?
Are the other retailers/ e-tailers enough?

Randy might simply be focusing on this issue, or the next step.

Yeah I had that thought too. Could be he's currently ***tting himself about the future of his company.

Willis being a **** about it?

Diamond Select just made a Butch figure with his likeness.

IMG_9168.JPG

I don't pay much attention anymore outside of NECA and Hot Toys. Could that be a case where likeness rights are pre-attached to the overall license?

Back