Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Witness this annoyance:

looks like T-800 says that about small T-1000s annoyingly running under his feet: "witness this... annoyance."
also it answers the question "can a T-1000 divide into 10 small T-1000/10s".

How did NECA approve the legs on that thing. They didn't stand it side by side to the old one (that looks 10x better btw) and think "huh, that really doesn't look right, we should go back and make the legs longer and more proportioned".

Makes no sense, they definitely just winged it.

My 2 theories on these short-arse T-1000s are this:

1) the Genisys T-1000 was made first (?), that actor is shorter (?) and, rather than sculpt another set of new legs, they cheaped out and used the same legs on the ultimate RP T-1000 1.0. The ultimate Motorcycle cop was then made to be consistent with that one.

2) the older T-1000 figures are pretty tall standing next to the older T-800 figures, almost to a point where there's an element of doubt who's taller. NECA decided that the T-800 should be more noticeably taller. Hence the shrunken-1000s. (but then again they also shrunk the T-800s a bit :dunno )

Looks like the thighs lose some length by being plugged into the hips area. Would just lengthening the thighs fix it, or would that throw off the proportions even more?

Problem is the legs look pretty thin aswell. If you make them longer they could start to look really stupidly thin. And there's no easy way to make them longer anyway other than what I did - you can't simply pull the legs down lower because you'd start to expose the joints, the actual sculpted part of the leg only goes up so far.

Last edited:
a-dev great mod with the ultimate cop. It does suck that these new ultimate's are short as hell but it doesn't bother me too much but I wish they were a smidge bigger. The idea of using the old movie maniacs T-1000 explosion section is brilliant I'm surprised Neca hasn't tackled that yet.

a-dev great mod with the ultimate cop. It does suck that these new ultimate's are short as hell but it doesn't bother me too much but I wish they were a smidge bigger. The idea of using the old movie maniacs T-1000 explosion section is brilliant I'm surprised Neca hasn't tackled that yet.

I hoped they would for the 25th anniversary but it seems like there'll only be one rehashed T-800 with a new accessory and whatever 1:4 scaler they show at Toyfair. The Predator 30th anniversary is getting something like 7 figures apparently.

Problem is the legs look pretty thin aswell. If you make them longer they could start to look really stupidly thin.
so legs are basically shrunk.
what did people say here about parts shrinking in a recast process?...

Witness this annoyance:

To be fair, I've always though NECA's older, static-leg semi-statues were a bit on the lanky side; I'm pretty sure my Dread Pirate Roberts would be taller than the Alien compression suit figures if he was actually standing upright.

My 2 theories on these short-arse T-1000s are this:

1) the Genisys T-1000 was made first (?), that actor is shorter (?) and, rather than sculpt another set of new legs, they cheaped out and used the same legs on the ultimate RP T-1000 1.0. The ultimate Motorcycle cop was then made to be consistent with that one.
Probably not, since Byung-Hun Lee is only an inch shorter (5'10") than Robert Patrick (5'11") according to IMDB. Of course, this is the same company that made a John Hurt (5'9") figure taller than their Michael Biehn (6') and Bill Paxton (6') figures, so who knows...

2) the older T-1000 figures are pretty tall standing next to the older T-800 figures, almost to a point where there's an element of doubt who's taller. NECA decided that the T-800 should be more noticeably taller. Hence the shrunken-1000s. (but then again they also shrunk the T-800s a bit :dunno )
I think the legs on both are actually the same length, roughly. The difference is that the Ultimate T-800 has really tall feet.

Problem is the legs look pretty thin aswell. If you make them longer they could start to look really stupidly thin.
I wouldn't think so. For me, the major issue is that lengthening the thighs, which would probably be the simplest in terms creating custom parts (since they're basically just contoured ovoids with no moving joints of their own) is that they'd end up looking disproportionate to the calves.

And there's no easy way to make them longer anyway other than what I did - you can't simply pull the legs down lower because you'd start to expose the joints, the actual sculpted part of the leg only goes up so far.
Try looking for replacement feet to provide some extra height.

By the way, I sort-of addressed the 1984 T-800 leg length disparity by switching the feet/boots around. It's not perfect but it does slightly reduce the discrepancy. If I have time later on today, I'm going to try switching out the whole leg from the knee down and see if that helps.

To be fair, I've always though NECA's older, static-leg semi-statues were a bit on the lanky side

Possibly, but they've now gone too far in the other direction IMO.

Anyway, I sliced off the heel part of the expendable T-1000 boots I had left over from the pretzel man kitbash and added it to the heel of my otherwise unaltered Ult.motorcycle cop. This at least corrected the annoying leaning issue. It works just fine. Problem is having to do the same thing for every single figure that has this same issue, T-800s and Sarah Connors.

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a custom chrome painted 18 inch endo. Not v familiar with the figure myself. Is there any issues I should be aware of before plunging in?

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a custom chrome painted 18 inch endo. Not v familiar with the figure myself. Is there any issues I should be aware of before plunging in?
96cbf38139d54d3954f24a7de28dbab8.jpg
9a40b99d8119ecbddd8912672781f004.jpg

My advice do it.... I made a custom base for mine and finished with alclad chrome.... It's beautiful!!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

'"It's a quarter to noon on #t2sday the perfect time to show you something new coming this Spring #Terminator #t2 #t23D"

C28zfq_UAAAxNIh.jpg

Oh now they're putting in a mid-torso joint! :lol

And will this one manage to be shorter again?

Man, I can't help but feel a little bit cynical about this.

will still buy though :monkey3

Toyark is saying that this may be 1/4 scale.

https://news.toyark.com/2017/01/24/neca-teases-new-terminator-2-t-800-237388

A new teaser photo posted by NECA gives fans a look at an upcoming Terminator 2: Judgement Day T-800 Figure. The figure showcases a clean looking version of The Terminator, as seen on the attack on Cyberdyne Systems in the movie. The level of detail, style of articulation and wording of the tweet seems to hint that this is a 1/4 Scale T-800. That info is unconfirmed at this point, but it’s a pretty good bet.

The figure is listed for a Spring 2017 release. We’ll continue to update as more details are revealed. Click the banner image for the full size photo.

Back