Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, maybe not blown up in the sense like Gentle Giant's Jumbo things, but yeah. The give away are those 5 frown lines near the brow as well as the cheeks and chin.

Looks like they took their 12" 2-up prototype base and upscaled it, then made refinements. Those lines before were much more subtle, here, it looks like they're carved into the portrait.

Here's the OG I think all heads from 2009 to Ultimate to QS are based off of.

You_Doodle_2017-01-24T19_41_44Z.jpg

And if the head is new, the sculpt to the jacket and legs are definitely reused (folds on the jacket, bullet hole placement on collar, chest and arms, folds in the crotch, folds on the right leg).

Yeah you're right about the lack of accessories with most of their 1/4 figures so far Difabio, here's hoping NECA proves us wrong though.

Ooohh- Would be neat if that upper chest panel was removable for a switch out damaged piece!

Probably won't be. But it would be a neat way to get a little more damage to match a damaged head sculpt if one is included.

Sallah

Yeah, maybe not blown up in the sense like Gentle Giant's Jumbo things, but yeah. The give away are those 5 frown lines near the brow as well as the cheeks and chin.

Looks like they took their 12" 2-up prototype base and upscaled it, then made refinements. Those lines before were much more subtle, here, it looks like they're carved into the portrait.

Here's the OG I think all heads from 2009 to Ultimate to QS are based off of.

View attachment 318881

And if the head is new, the sculpt to the jacket and legs are definitely reused (folds on the jacket, bullet hole placement on collar, chest and arms, folds in the crotch, folds on the right leg).

That was the best Toyfair ever. I was only expecting one Arnie and they made loads.

Exactly! That is what I was meaning. :) Thanks for that metaphor as it puts it much clearer what I was trying to clarify. :)

Sallah

Ooohh- Would be neat if that upper chest panel was removable for a switch out damaged piece!

I've thought about this too. I don't know why they haven't incorporated this idea into the 7" version. It'd be so simple ala the Ultimate T-1000 cop version. That was my biggest gripe with the Ultimate T2 Arnold, along with the pastel skin colors, rubbery weapons and excessive reuse, there was nothing that made it Ultimate. A swappable arm and chest like what you're describing though? Would have been perfect.

Not going to happen with this QS though because the ab crunch would make it impossible. I'm actually surprised they didn't use a rubber/vinyl overlay for the shirt like they did with Keaton Batman, Reeve Superman and Ledger Joker. I love how that articulation is impemented and hidden.

Not going to happen with this QS though because the ab crunch would make it impossible. I'm actually surprised they didn't use a rubber/vinyl overlay for the shirt like they did with Keaton Batman, Reeve Superman and Ledger Joker. I love how that articulation is impemented and hidden.

Does the fact that his T-shirt is tucked into his pants have anything to do with that? Kyle Reese has what your referring to but his shirt is loose, outside the pants.

Nah, I don't think that has anything to do with it. Superman has it and his shirt or whatever is tucked in.

IMG_5568.JPG

So far this is a let down, an accessory mismatch and clean figure. It was ok in the Ultimate line because they're trying to get you to buy multiple figures to mix pieces, but a one time 1/4 scale, make it a set true to some scene of the movie. If what we see is all we get, this will probably flop and ruin chances for another thinking there's no market interest when in reality the interest is there but for accurate figures.

Personally I'm keen for a 1/4 Terminator regardless of accessories especially a neca sculpt... I just hope they use the flesh tone plastic the same as they did on there 1/4 Dutch. 👌

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Personally I'm keen for a 1/4 Terminator regardless of accessories especially a neca sculpt... I just hope they use the flesh tone plastic the same as they did on there 1/4 Dutch. ��

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Yeah I would be fine with flesh plastic on ghe 1/4 scale... But I hope they stick to painted skin on the 7" so they all still match.

Sallah

Nah, I don't think that has anything to do with it. Superman has it and his shirt or whatever is tucked in

Ah. Well, at least the joint doesn't look bad

So far this is a let down, an accessory mismatch and clean figure. It was ok in the Ultimate line because they're trying to get you to buy multiple figures to mix pieces, but a one time 1/4 scale, make it a set true to some scene of the movie. If what we see is all we get, this will probably flop and ruin chances for another thinking there's no market interest when in reality the interest is there but for accurate figures.

Unless the sunglasses aren't removeable and there's no alternate head it otherwise looks good for Cyberdyne, no?

someone's twitter question:

@NECA_TOYS some folks online trying to claim this is the same sculpt as 7" just enlarged. I think they are crazy. Randy?

answer:

maybe not crazy, but many think that they know it all & are not even being close to correct

OOOooohhh!!

someone's twitter question:

answer:

OOOooohhh!!

That was my question. :) And I wasn't meaning anyone here in the crazy crowd... I think this back and forth has been civilized and insightful. Its the obnoxious guys in the facebook groups I was referring to.

But there we go... There may be more to this sculpt than we think.

Sallah

That was my question. :) And I wasn't meaning anyone here in the crazy crowd... I think this back and forth has been civilized and insightful. Its the obnoxious guys in the facebook groups I was referring to.

But there we go... There may be more to this sculpt than we think.

Sallah

No offence taken. I thought you were also called Sallah on twitter for some reason.

As for his answer, I read it that yes it is the same sculpt but we may be wrong about the processes and reasoning behind things, I dunno.

No offence take. I thought you were also called Sallah on twitter for some reason.

As for his answer, I read it that yes it is the same sculpt but we may be wrong about the processes and reasoning behind things, I dunno.

I have like 6 different twitters attached to different blogs/ pages :)

Yeah I can't tell for sure by his answer... They "not close to correct" is the part that has me wondering if there is more to it.

Sallah

I would have preferred a semi-Battle Damaged T-800 as well so I could display a quarter scale "scanning for T-1000" Arnold, but like A-dev said, this is the second best thing.

Not even going to use the shotgun or sunglasses, assuming it comes with them. Also, look on the bright side, you just know they're going to do a second QS Battle (Damaged version) regardless of sales. That thigh cut is a dead give away. All they have to do is make a semi-damaged headsculpt, a new torso and a damaged knee with a change of deco and viola, there is the Damaged Terminator. We saw a glimpse of it last year on their twitter banner, so it's definitely a thing. It's just like the smiling Penguin we saw at Toy Fair. We didn't get it right away even though it was made first, but sure enough we got it with the mayor version of Penguin. I'm sure This will be the same way.

It'll also make for an interest dichotomy.

12" sunglasses black shirt Pescadero
12" Final Battle full damage

18" Cyberdyne grey shirt gloves clean
18" Steel Mill semi damaged

I always wanted those last two in 12" form from NECA, so to get the latter in a larger format is fine by me.

EDIT:

Hell, I might use the sunglasses and a shot gun if they include it since I'll no doubt get multiples. I just remembered I have the 1/4 scale plasma rifle from the QS Endo NECA did years ago. You know what I'm thinking.

IMG_5573.JPG

Last edited:
Back