Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it's a quarter scale. The sunglasses and ab crunch are the dead give away.

Guess the Steel Mill version they had in their banner last year got scrapped, unless they just throw in the semi damaged sculpt with this one ala the 7" Ultimate since I assume the sunglasses are removable in this scale.

If that endo-arm in tube accessory they posted a few months back is from a John Connor figure they redeem everything as far as I'm concerned. :pray:

If that endo-arm in tube accessory they posted a few months back is from a John Connor figure they redeem everything as far as I'm concerned. :pray:

He really is the one thing missing to make this line feel pretty much perfect.

Sallah

Yeah, it's gotta be.

Back to this 1:4. I highly doubt they make the mini gun and ammo bag (way too big, intricate and costly for NECA to produce, I predict the launcher, pistol and shot gun) for this version so the Enterbay gun and bag might be of use to me. Glad I didn't sell it off like I originally intended.

Plus they went to the trouble of making that new box design for the Galleria T-800-

image.jpg

Why bother creating it and making a standard price point release for him if he was just a one-off? If that was the case, he would have been an Ultimate.

More stuff has to be coming in that style. I would pay $20 for a John Connor. Even without his dirt bike.

Sallah

Also we know the only reason they give the T2 Arnold figures that left leg thigh cut is to save $$$ and tooling for the Battle Damaged versions that need a damaged left knee. So I'm thinking a 1:4 semi Steel Mill is possible.

Only a matter of time before they give the 7" versions those updated features such as the ab crunch and such.

I just hope if John happens he's at retail. None of that exclusive BS. Unlike Newt's photograph and helmet, I'd actually want everything John comes with, especially if it's the endo arm. It'd also be nice to see a wave featuring Uncle Bob, T-1000 (articulated Steel Mill), Sarah connor (no hat with sunglasses, hat with no sunglasses or maybe a bloody version from the aster Mill) and an all new John Connor.

Last edited:
I like the way you're both thinking! There's still reasonable potential with the line, I hope Randy sees it that way.

Difabio, great idea for the Enterbay minigun and ammo bag - heck even if NECA do provide those things I'll probably switch the Enterbay equivalents onto the NECA figure since I'm not otherwise using them. Oh and the M79 too.

Man that looks sweet it would be my first neca 1/4 figure for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

This better include the mini gun and ammo bag.

I just can't see that happening. They never load their 1:4 scale figures with heavy duty weapons or accessories like that. They didn't give Batman his steel gauntlet (instead they included a cheap three pronged grapple hook nobody uses), both Penguins never got an umbrella, etc. etc.

To date I believe their Deadpool has the most weapons and accessories. You also have to take into account the minigun fitting in their uniformed box format. It'd be almost half the size of the figure. I'd don't think it would even fit on the side disassembled.

I am just glad it has taken this long to get to a T-800 Arnie 1/4 scale. NECA has been consistently improving their 1/4 scale stuff... But the last few have been incredible. Hard to find a fault in either Donatello or Deadpool. Hope Termy continues that trend.

Sallah

I'd say it's the same sculpt. The only thing giving me pause is I'm not used to seeing the lips quite so delineated from eachother. Must compare it to the 12'' Pescadero head when I get home. I think I'm just seeing the difference between a prototype and final in-hand products though.

I am just glad it has taken this long to get to a T-800 Arnie 1/4 scale. NECA has been consistently improving their 1/4 scale stuff... But the last few have been incredible. Hard to find a fault in either Donatello or Deadpool. Hope Termy continues that trend.

Sallah

/\ This.

NECA frustrates me but I will not be passing this up since it's an affordable alternative to Enterbay's bad head offering.

Face seems much more detailed than 7"-

image.jpg

If it is the same sculpt (which I am still not sold on it being so), it definitely isn't a smaller version that has been enlarged. The original sculpt would have had to have been about this large to begin with for thise details to hold up at 1/4 scale. They do the reverse.... Making 7" figures out of 18" sculpts- But you can't enlarge a 7" sculpt up to 18" and get those details.

If it is the 2009 sculpt, then we are getting it in the cleanest version we have ever had. A 1:1 of the original sculpt with no details lost in shrinkage.

Sallah

Seeing them all together- Yeah it may all be the same... Something a little off between nose and upper lip, but everything else lines up.

Still- I stand by what I said about it not being an enlargement. That original sculpt had to be about that big to begin with to get those details at 18". So in that regard, it isn't like they are giving us a shoddy blown up sculpt. They are giving us the nicest, cleanest version of it possible. Something we really haven't had yet. No complaints here.

Sallah

Back