Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official NECA The Terminator Thread

Very good. Huge improvement. The sculpt doesn't do it for me like it used to though I have to say. I used to champion it quite a bit on here much to the annoyance of a few members. :lol I think NECA have improved on the likeness with Dutch...though perhaps making him too square-jawed.

Very true, a lot of companies can be hit or miss with Arnold. For it's time Neca probably had one of the best Terminator Arnold sculpts out there. Lately everyone seems to be stepping it up, including Neca, Dutch looks great, and we all know they'll just keep getting better!

The profile view is still good and I like the hair and general shape of the head. The face frontally looks off though, would you agree? I also still like that its an all-in-one head and neck. Something I don't think we'll be seeing anymore as everyone seems to want ball-jointed heads now, including Tankman himself.

The Terminator sculpt I wouldn't say it's totally off. The profile def is the best view of the head sculpt. I also think this sculpt is better than the last 2 Terminator hot toys sculpts. Enterbay can't be touched. Neca's Terminator I still think it's a great sculpt, the Arnold likeness is very good, but some of the features are off. One thing I noticed is this nose should be a little wider, more detail under the eye, among other things. On the "last battle" figure the Endoskeleton is pretty off, and the way the skin is positioned over on top of that half is off. It's not the end of the world, but more accuracy wouldn't hurt. As far as Dutch, the shape is there, the hair is pretty on point. The eyes seem smaller than the Terminator eyes, also a little "wonky" at times, but the sculpt is nice. His jaw is pretty sharp and square, I may have had it a bit rounder, but he's also making a face, so I guess the jaw is actually fine. When it comes down to it, I can't complain. This 12" Terminator I got for $35 as opposed to a hot toys figure $300, or Enterbay $400. For a figure worth $35 I think they did very well for themselves.

For anyone who never got around to getting the original Tech Noir, there's a UK seller on Amazon (Buy 4 Less) who has him up for $20 shipped.

Can't beat that.

I would not buy Tech Noir online, I have some figures in hand with big big paint error, especially on the face.

To the Terminator sculpt, ist not a good sculpt. To many details are inacurate ore off compared to Schwarzeneggers face. The nose shape, the shape on the chin, the eyes and the mout lips, that is not Arnold.

Compare this to the T3 Mcfarlane T-850(yes a older Arnold, but the charakteristicas are the same) or the Neca Dutch sculpt.

The Neca Dutch looks like Arnold and with motre details and minor inprovements here and there its better than the Hot Toys sculpt(the BD version).
The on thing I complain on the Neca Dutch sculpt is the face is a little bit to wide, especially the square jaw.

It would be cool when Neca make for the 30th anniversary from T1 diorama sets like the Star Trek Select line8for example a arm surgery set).

With the new Schwarzenegger sculpt and the transculent plastic.

Working in a T2 future diorama with parts of Neca, Macfarlanne, own..etc

Thinking about a pic of the future war backround behind and adding more skulls to the base.

I would like to hear ideas. Its a Din A4 base size.

y6u3ypu3.jpg

ebyru9a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks awesome!

I would blow the legs off the fallen endo though. Right now he just looks like he tripped. He needs a reason to be on the ground.

Looks awesome!

I would blow the legs off the fallen endo though. Right now he just looks like he tripped. He needs a reason to be on the ground.

Thanks, thought about it too but it gives me some respect to cut in half the old Todds endo. :monkey2 Will do it in the end and add some cables to his torso, will have to watch the end of The Terminator to copy it. :clap

Thanks, thought about it too but it gives me some respect to cut in half the old Todds endo. :monkey2 Will do it in the end and add some cables to his torso, will have to watch the end of The Terminator to copy it. :clap

why would you take the legs of the mcfarlen, when you could rip the legs of the ****ty t2 neca?:cuckoo: SWOP THEM AROUND.

yda8aher.jpg

One of Mcfarlannes leg is glued so thats why I will break.

Might buy another t1 endoskeleton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is everyone on the Comic Con and can ask
Randy Falk about 18" T1 and T2 figures ?

They say in the past that something is planned, but they have no decide which T-800 in 18".

Was hoping for some more Terminator figures at SDCC this year. There's still MORE to be made!

Yes a Sarah Conner and a exploding T-1000 are missing.

And what is with 1/4 Figures ?

I'd want a Future War Reese but after that abortion that was the 1984 figure I think I'll pass.

I'm really bummed that Terminator seems to have run its course with them. Put me in for a future war Reese as well.

Last edited:

I'm bummed that all the Terminators weren't the same type of plastic as Dutch. They look terrible compared to him.

Yes, but for Dutch Neca revisted the sculpt.
I hope they make the Schwarzenegger sculpt so good as Enterbay for 1/4 figures.

It also would be cool when Neca make a 7" version of Hot Toys T-800 BD DX liquid T-1000.

I know the focus i next year on Alien ans Aliens, but its the 30th anniversary from The Terminator.

Last edited:

If anyone gots a Tech Noir Regular and Battle Damage version for sale Pm me. :wave

Back