Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official NECA The Terminator Thread

[pinched from the Predator thread]

Hooray! I had all but given up of new Terminator figures. I just hope there's some new movie characters/variants and not just Kenner inspired figures.

They were asking opinions on a kenner series a while ago so I reckon it's probably going to be that. Or maybe a 1/4 fig? Not sure if I'd buy it as I think I'm covered by the enterbays

Thinking of stuff that's "likely" (minimal/zero tooling) the only think I'd want is probably a blue coat reese. Even if they re-did some of the older figs to dutch standards I'm not sure I'd bother upgrading, The new hot toys fig is my priority this year

This is one of few Kenner figures they could easily imitate without really doing totally new parts, even though they've done Kenner Predators, there's a lot of mold recycling. The Terminator figures were so extreme it'd be hard to do Kenner versions from existing pieces easily without a lot of new sculpting.

kenner-terminator-poe-ghostal-review-1.jpg

Please Neca:

T-800 Bob 18"
T-1000 12"
Sarah Connor + young John Connor 7"
Terminatrix 7"
Kyle Reese future war 7"
T-600 8"
Marcus 7"
Marcus battle damaged 7"
John Connor (Bale) 7"
Mototerminator + hydrobot 7" scale

18" Steel Mill T-8Hundey and Pescadero ftw.

I might pick up a remake of the above for nostalgia's sake, but I'm not that interested in the Kenner figures at all, not even for something as near and dear as Terminator.

There's still ground to cover with this license from the films themselves. Seeing Neca's achievements with the Alien and Predator lines gives me more hope than ever that we may see a Sarah Connor. Major character, fan favourite, easy variants. The simple fatigues from T2 could make a few different figures with minor alterations and different weapons. Future versions of Kyle Reese and John Connor would be great and could feature heavy re-use between them too. Squeaze out a couple of easy variants (battle damage Reese, battle damage Endo) and you have a couple of easy waves there.

Please Neca:

T-800 Bob 18"
T-1000 12"
Sarah Connor + young John Connor 7"
Terminatrix 7"
Kyle Reese future war 7"
T-600 8"
Marcus 7"
Marcus battle damaged 7"
John Connor (Bale) 7"
Mototerminator + hydrobot 7" scale

I don't suppose Neca have turned around on T3 and TS. Odd that they seem so opposed to these films when they're happy to milk AvP/Robocop 3.

I'd be down for more Arnolds from T3 and the TX. Hated Salvation but I might pick up a T-600.

Ideal figs for me (taking into account how little tooling they'd probably want to do) would probably just be T1 stuff - Tech Noir/Final Battle Sarah, Final Battle Reese (Blue Coat with BD head), and an endo re-release. I'd take some t2 Sarah's too but then I'd want John and that's never gonna happen.

Edit: a Final Battle Sarah/BD Reese with pipebombs and an Endo would be a good compromise in new tooling and would make a great wave or deluxe pack

I hope they make a T2 Sarah Connor and a exploding T-1000.
Further, what is with an 18" T-800 Arnold ?

There is definitely a few more movie-based things they could do. Kenner stuff....hmmm...hard to see how they'd approach that. They could release their T-1000 again with one half painted as liquid metal like that old Kenner version, a biker T-1000 with bright blue pants? T-800 with purple T-shirt? I don't think there's as much potential there as there is with Predator and Alien.

Anyone think NECA will release some VG version of this line? They've tweet that they still had some Terminator figures down the line.

I would love to see the retro for terminator line like they just did worth evil dead.

For what stands VG?

I think they bring next year some Terminator stuff. Its the ideal time, with the start of the new film.

:dunno Computer game stuff? Easy pass :yess:

Yes as good as a lot of the reveals have been I'm finding myself quite easily not getting any.

I have a shed load of stuff on PO that will take me into next year but nothing apart from BRJ 2.0 has tickled my interest thus far on the latest reveals over the last few weeks. Oh the video game '89 Batman will be mine which is funny as I usually avoid NECA's video game figures.

Urghh, what a silly stuff.

What is with a new T-1000 or a Sarah Connor, or a 18" T-800 Arnold?

Further, Neca could revisted there old figures with the better Schwarzenegger likeness from Dutch and the transculent plastic.

Back