Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official NECA The Terminator Thread

I hope the environments sell well and Neca makes environments to Terminator and Terminator 2.

A sitting Tech Nor T-800 BD operating his arm(with fixed hairs, the new skin texture and the accesories from the normal figure) and a eye surgery T-800.

This sets are amazing and not big work for Neca.

Big work but the killer, a still mill diorama with light up function.

Great pics Maulfan.

I'm torn on whether to pick up that Tanker Chase T-800, but I think they've captured his horror-movie skintone pretty well.

Intended or not, there's a slight gloss to the flesh on my damaged head which makes it even more like Arnie in the movie.

I've read a lot of heat about the Reese sculpt, but I actually think it's really good, it's just the poor eye paint job that really hurts it, the whites are almost the same shade as his skin and because of that, the lighter iris gets lost too, whiter whites and a darker iris and this would really pop.

I added a little more white to mine and you're right it really does bring a lot more life to the sculpt.

Watching the film now, I think one thing that throws off the sculpt is his hairline. I appreciate it's very hard to do at this scale, but the soft rubber piece gives him a very heavy fringe. The face looks much better with my finger over the figure's forehead haha.

Still incredibly happy to have Reese at all. Glad to report my local shop sold out of him pretty damn fast, and they've still got plenty of figures from previous waves.

Yes the hairline is wrong.

The Schwarzenegger sculpt is not perfect.

They must revist the sculpt for bigger versions(hairline, nosetip, a smaller lower jaw).

Honestly, it is what it is with NECA figures. Theyre fun to collect and its nice because theyre cheap and small so you can collect a lot of them in limited display space.

But some of you guys are expecting way too much out of these things. Seriously, what do you expect for $16-$20? Theyre as good as theyre gonna get.

While some people expect things that are beyond the scale and price range, some of us are just looking for consistency which isn't really asking for too much. NECA's capabilities are clear and like anyone else, even a Hoy Toys or Enterbay, some figures just aren't as good an effort as others. Tanker Truck T-800 is as good as you can get from NECA, but Kyle could be better in ways that NECA could very easily achieve.

Honestly, it is what it is with NECA figures. Theyre fun to collect and its nice because theyre cheap and small so you can collect a lot of them in limited display space.

But some of you guys are expecting way too much out of these things. Seriously, what do you expect for $16-$20? Theyre as good as theyre gonna get.

Well you see paintjobs on figures of this scale hit certain high-points and you hope all the figures will do likewise...but they don't. And when a line you don't care about (or a line you do care about but its an older batch of figures with inferior sculpts) has better paintjobs than the current output of your favourite line - its frustrating. Sculpts getting better but paint getting worse. That is simply annoying. And we're even getting it with Hot Toys now.

1_zps8c7e309a.jpg

3_zps81400257.jpg

7_zps9f8a9bf6.jpg

6_zps2fcdf07a.jpg

[ame]https://youtu.be/l1dnqKGuezo[/ame]

Man, blown away. Looks fantastic for a 7" figure. Good work. You must be very proud of yourself.

Excellent bit of customising, new hair, paintjobs and a real LED? Wish mine looked like that!

Looks fantastic, do you resculpted the face ?

What are with necas plans for a 18" T-800 ?

How did you customize the police assault left arm so the shotgun now rest on his shoulder?

Congratulations, impressive work!!!

I would guess either cut away some of the coat sleeve on the upper arm, or broke the arm and reattached it for the look but now you're permanent left with that pose.

Back