Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official NECA The Terminator Thread

Normally, that'd be my approach too, but like I said, there's just too little distinction between Police shootout and Tanker Pursuit for me on display. At least in the T2 line, you go from all black Pescadero to no coat on Man or Machine, to Cyberdyne with grey shirt, bandolier and mini gun, to Steel Mill with semi-BD face, pistol and M79 plus full left arm, to Final Battle with missing arm and full BD face. Despite sharing base parts, they look quite different from each other, more so than the biker T1 figures, but with the PF style pose on the police shootout figure, it looks different enough next to the BD figure for me.

This is my display, waiting on the last couple figures, but as I said, I like how the T1 figures stand out from each other now.

8394894993_38fe80e185_o.jpg

Great shelf there.

I do recommend a Tech Noir T-800 in there. And unless you don't want to push the T2 side of the collection too far ahead of T1 I'd also get the Steel Mill T-1000 and the McFarlane exploded T-1000.

Great shelf there.

I do recommend a Tech Noir T-800 in there. And unless you don't want to push the T2 side of the collection too far ahead of T1 I'd also get the Steel Mill T-1000 and the McFarlane exploded T-1000.

Well, I had ordered the Endo, Tech Noir T-800 and Biker T-1000, I got the package today, the sent me Pescadero, Man or Machine and Endo, I'm in the process of resolving that, but I am building up my T1 line, definitely need Tech Noir to go with Kyle, temped to get a second Kyle and paint the coat blue and make some pipe bombs. I'm not big on getting Steel Mill T-1000, too similar to the other 3 I already have, but the McFarlane is tempting. I've seen the frozen T-1000 and it just looks awful, a nice effort but I just don't get any sense of him being frozen from it, not worht the money.

Well, I had ordered the Endo, Tech Noir T-800 and Biker T-1000, I got the package today, the sent me Pescadero, Man or Machine and Endo, I'm in the process of resolving that, but I am building up my T1 line, definitely need Tech Noir to go with Kyle, temped to get a second Kyle and paint the coat blue and make some pipe bombs. I'm not big on getting Steel Mill T-1000, too similar to the other 3 I already have, but the McFarlane is tempting. I've seen the frozen T-1000 and it just looks awful, a nice effort but I just don't get any sense of him being frozen from it, not worht the money.

Sounds like you received a case of the very first T2 wave.

The McFarlane T-1000 is really unique. I don't think there are many, if any other, representations of the exploded pretzel man. And since NECA seem to be done with Terminator now it looks like it will remain the only one.

It's definitely a consideration, but right now, my T2 collection is complete to my satisfaction, the deal I found for the T1 figures included the biker so I opted for that too, but if I don't end up with it, that'd be fine, I don't feel my T2 incomplete, but missing Tech Noir with Reese and having a Terminator collection with no Endo does bother me so taking care of that is my top priority.

If you are talking about the 12" figure it looks like TMP's T3.

If you are talking about the 12" figure it looks like TMP's T3.

Yeah the 12" piece, does tmp stand for todd mcfarland something or other, as in a mcfarland figure? It looks good in the pic, whats your thoughts on it maulfan?

Yeah, it's a Mcfarlane piece. If you like NECA's offerings in this scale then you'll like Mcfarlane's. It's basically a statue. It's got a sound chip, too.

Yeah the 12" piece, does tmp stand for todd mcfarland something or other, as in a mcfarland figure? It looks good in the pic, whats your thoughts on it maulfan?

McFarlane did a great job on the sculpt and paint work on it. I picked it up some time ago wanting a 12" Arnold from each movie back when I had Hot Toys T-800s as well, it still kinda works with the NECA figures. As much as I'm not a big fan of that movie, it's a nice figure so why not have it out.

The base and the better headsculpt make this figure so epic.

Is this true? Where did you hear this? Is NECA done with the Terminator line?

Sadly it appears to be the case. Neca said something to that effect on Twitter, and they have a full plate this year with other licenses.

I guess we may see a relaunch of some sort in a year or two, similar to the Aliens license this year. They may even jump back into things with the release of T5 (whenever that comes together).

Sigh...just when I recently revisited the line. I got a few from their previous release (Pescadero Escape, T-100 galeria, Cyberdyne Showdown, T2 endoskeleton), then I stopped because I thought my Terminator collection is pretty complete as is, since I have the important ones without getting the other variations of Arnold. Then i bought the NECA tech noir T-800, simply because I previously bought the Hot Toys version of that toy, but I never felt compelled to complete the line When I saw Tanker Truck Pursuit, I knew I had to have it, and back tracked every figure I can...I immediately bought Kyle Reese, Police Assault, Terminator first movie Endoskeleton, Steel Mill T-800, T-1000 liquid metal, T-1000 motorcycle cop...and I have Battle Across Time ordered already, and trying to negotiate from a collector Man or Machine.....I plan to complete the NECA Terminator line, and I was so excited to find out their next release. I'm just bummed now that it seem like I am late to the party. Sigh....

I know most people would want more T1 or T2, but I'd like to see NECA take on Salvation, I love the costume designs, Marcus and John Connor figures would look awesome.

I'd actually prefer to see T3 figures from NECA despite preferring the movie Salvation. I'm happy enough with just my HT T4 figures.

I really want someone to do a new BD T-850. The only we have is that hunched over McFarlane one.

Thing for me is I don't have the HT T4 figures anymore and I miss having those designs on display, especially Connor's look from the beginning. With T3, I just don't care for the designs much other than a BD T-850, I'd just get McFarlane figures if I wanted the more clean look.

I actually really liked each characters looks in salvation...connor, reese, wright (not cgi arnold though). Those hot toys figures were cool. I always really, really wanted the t-600.

But neca could really knock those out of the park I'd bet. Say what you want about the movie but you can have some really dynamic looking figures from that movie.

I think the BD T3 arnold design is really the only thing that movie has goin on for it...it's a really awesome look.

What would be a dream would be a 1:12 hunter killer?
Another one that'd never happen...BD Cameron from the tv show.

The NECA Dutch is what really got me thinking about Salvation figures, look how cool he looks with all his gear on.

neca+predator+dutch+full+gear+action+figure.jpg

I just think this costume would translate into an awesome looking figure.

John-Connor-terminator-salvation-11734884-1600-1200.jpg

Even this one, though less colorful.

JohnConnorT4.JPG

And both Marcus looks would be awesome, i'd even go for Reese.

Terminator-Salvation-Marcus-Wright-terminator-salvation-13886663-710-536.jpg

26576775-26576821-large.jpg

Back