Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:goodpost:

Neca has done a great job. This Arnold is perfect!

24v2x49.jpg

:clap:clap:clap

WOW what a comparison.

thanks, so it's safe to say only T-1000 figures will be made for the 20th anniversary that finishes out the rest of the line?

I can't see that. A wave of just T-1000s celebrating the 20th anniversary? No, Arnie would have to be in there somewhere to ensure maximum recogniseability and for the benefit of anyone who missed prior versions.

The only unmade version (which is possible to make by partswapping between existing figures) is the SWAT shootout T-800 before he damages his knee and gets the limp.

Other than that you're talking straight rereleases or, as some of us hope, a rerelease of the likes of Pescadero T-800 this time packaged with a brand new young John Connor. :pray:

WOW what a comparison.

Yeah, in that particular comparison theres no doubt in my mind that the NECA figure looks the best. You can't notice the lesser skin texture and inferior paint on the NECA in that photograph while the incredible detail and paintjob of the Hot Toys is better demonstrated in other, better lit pictures. But if I was a casual observer I'd say the sculpt on the NECA is better based on that comparison.

Last edited:
You do realize this is a $40 plastic action figure...right?

It's not gonna be perfect, hence the $40 price tag ... and in that price range, it's hands down the best Endo available.

Other Endo's:
1/4 Sideshow Statue: $1,000
1/6 Hot Toys Endo figure: $500
1/12 NECA: $15

I'm perfectly fine with the "missing details" and plastic look.

The plastic paint job looks terrible.

A new paint job is required.
The new 7 "Endo also have a great paint job and cost only $ 15.
They also have a few details at the mouth more than the 18 "figure.

As Randy said yes like a new endo for T1 to make, you could also bring out a new 18 "Endoskeleton.

This is better than the old one.

There are not many things are missing, it would not add this great work.

I know what you mean about the 18" endoskeleton paintjob, a very flat silver - its very toylike - short of being actual chrome the most recent 7" endoskeleton has the most ideal type of paint which hopefully NECA would use on any future endoskeleton big or small.

24v2x49.jpg

I'd say they're both flawed, the NECA's always felt a little on the elongated side, HT's a bit squished, and like the comparison, Arnold's actual portrait lies somewhere in the middle ground.

However, both are great and rather than just one nice collectible, we get several, so no biggy, love the Hot Toys and NECA figures.

^^^ I always agreed that Neca did a great job with Arnold scuplt I bought the BD Ver 12inch... But it just fails in fine details in the paint job that Hottoys Arnold has... I disgree with Neca Predator being better then Hottoys P1... The 12inch may look a little better but I want to see finish in had pics before I decide... Are we getting a 12inch???

The plastic paint job looks terrible.

A new paint job is required.
The new 7 "Endo also have a great paint job and cost only $ 15.
They also have a few details at the mouth more than the 18 "figure.

As Randy said yes like a new endo for T1 to make, you could also bring out a new 18 "Endoskeleton.

This is better than the old one.

There are not many things are missing, it would not add this great work.

Terrible Required Details ... :rotfl

1/4 scale > 1/12 scale all day.

Cool. Try that with the Hot Toys figure and it wouldn't match up so close. In fairness to HT that was an unflattering image but the sunglasses are definitely wrong and had they been bigger, as they should be, they would have made the HT figure's nose disappear. They were made to not look wierd on a slightly too short face.
But speaking of the HT T-800 I think its time for me to take mine back out of the box because today I got T-1000 in Sarah Connor disguise :yess: I also got the NECA liquid metal T-1000 figure. It was a good day!

Liquid metal T-1000 is a worthy addition to the line. It actually is too detailed to represent the CG morphing T-1000 IMO but I think it looks very like the 'tin foil' T-1000 who briefly fought with the T-800 in the steel mill. I hope my forbidden planet order also goes ahead because I'd like another one to customise into said Steel mill 'tin foil' T-1000 with the appropriate motorcycle boots - stolen from a spare set of McFarlane T-1000 legs, chromed over and transplanted onto the NECA figure - assuming NECA don't go ahead and make it in series 4. Thats actually why I'm particularly eager to hear what NECA are doing next for T2, so I know what not to bother trying to customise.

Last edited:
At this point, there's really only T-1000 left, as far as the Terminators, T-800's pretty much been done, might see more repacks or something, but I think only T-1000 and the possible Sarah for new stuff. Still hope the SDCC figure goes over well enough to prompt a 12" release.

Back