Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if NECA doesn't think a young John Connor would sell, could they make the future one?

also for the future maybe they could make a resistance soldier for the T2 line then make a head swap for a futre Reese for the T1 line?

NECA's product relies on bothe the casual and the die hard collector.

Things like young John, Future John and a generic reistance fighter cater more to the die hards, for the more casual, having the hero and the villain is enough and all that really matters.

I hope that we at least get one '84 Reese with T1 and not just T-800 figures.

I'd like to see NECA tackler John Connor and Marcus Wright, too bad they likely won't.

It's a shame they aren't interested in making figures from salvation, but they jumped right away on predators. I'd love at least a T-600 by NECA, it's a shame they don't like the designs.

It's a shame they aren't interested in making figures from salvation, but they jumped right away on predators. I'd love at least a T-600 by NECA, it's a shame they don't like the designs.

which one, the rubber skin?

I'd like for a blair williams, but wishful thinking.

I don't laugh at that. I agree a flaw in the sculpt is a worse issue than bad paint. I find myself more frustrated by the Hot Toys sculpt because its so close to perfection and only just falls short - pun intended - in the middle of the face. I find it hard not to be distracted by the way his nose is too sloped and the bridge not long enough, making his eyes too close to his mouth and looking slightly too far apart because of that. And in turn that meant they had to make the sunglasses innaccurate so as they wouldn't look massively oversized on his face. That sounds like a lot of complaining but its all out of love because everything else is so right - the eyes are unmistakeable, the mouth, the chin, the cheekbones and the shadow they create are dead on. Plus all the realistic details like little veins in the temples etc.

NECAs sculpt doesn't have the above sculpt 'short'coming and I also disagree with Maulfan about it being elongated. I'm not overly fond of the amount of lines in the mouth area and this chin dimple thing (even if he does have it, its not something you notice quite like this) but its otherwise a perfect T2 Arnie sculpt. I wish we could see it with a HT quality finish.

I originally posted this idea in the NECA Predator thread but I'll re-post it in the appropriate thread here.
Basically, a few of the guys were tossing around ideas on how to convince NECA to make a John Conner figure from T2. We've heard before from NECA that they are not confident that a single packed Conner figure would be marketable enough. To work around that issue, I thought it would be best if he was included in a 2-pack with a re-released Pescadero T-800 for instant recognition.

"My mission is to protect you."

Terminator 2: Judgement Day 20th Anniversary Collectors Edition 2-pack of young John Conner and protector T-800.

it would be cool to get them on the bike with T-800 raising his hand and swearing not to kill anyone anymore, isn't that a central theme in the movie?

A 2-pack to get John made might have worked before, but I think it's too late now, unless they pack John with a new T-1000 or a Sarah Connor.. The only time I can think of NECA putting out a child figure in a 2 pack is their Michael Myers figure, and in that instance, the adult Michael was from a rare and priecy box set, so it was a chance for people who missed the box set or didn't want to pay that price to get the Michael figure. With this T2, they've pretty much made every possible T-800 already, if people wanted it, they've bought it, so even as a 2pack, the T-800 would likely be a reissue and then the 2 pack would really only appeal to die hards after the John and willing to toss the T-800 to get him, but casuals who might be iffy about John will pass not wanting to pay the higher price just for him because they already have the T-800 included. If they pack John with an all new figure, then it might work because both parts of the set would have appeal to a broad range.

But all 4 of the T-800s in the first two waves sold like Hot Cakes! The new wave's haven't moved as quickly, well, at least the T2 3D figure hasn't. But I think there would be many casual people that would jump at the chance to get the Pescadero T-800 again, and John would be an added bonus. And I think only the die hards would want John to begin with and I think we'd all be willing to buy yet another T-800 to get him.

Salvation has awesome terminator designs, imo. They could do at least two T600s - cloth and not; the could do a John Connor, a motorcycle-terminator...I'd love a Hybro bot, flying bot two pack, etc

Back