Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that would require actual effort on their part. I'm happy to finally get a John Connor to complete the collection, but some aspects of this figure have definitely been half assed.

My JC figure only got shipped this saturday. For the amount I paid and the listing saying *IN HAND* I was sure they would have posted monday as they live in san diego but took the whole week so a bit annoyed but as long as it comes **** it.

Looks good. The lack of camo paint doesn't bother me at all, but it is kind of pathetic that the 1997 kenner figure had the camo paint.

36ojzr.jpg

Hope to get hold of this some day but I'm certainly not paying the ridiculous prices required to get one in the UK. It might be the worst figure in the line tbh. I was happy enough with the passing likeness when John was first revealed because I was just happy he finally got made, but he's not great, and cheaping out on the outfit details harms the resemblance even further. The T23D head looks better to me, which is kind of disappointing as I'd have no use for it. Accessories are good though (despite some laziness in execution there too).

No, dude, he said 2018. Not the pre-order this year. Last year. Remaining inventory after Comic Con. The implication being that maybe they'll do it again.

Oh geez I’m stupid. :slap

I really hope they do one of those again this year. I got a little impatient and ordered John on eBay, but I wouldn’t mind a second one too. Really excited to have a figure of a new character in the Terminator line after all this time. The small space between my T2 T-800 and Sarah has been vacant long enough. :lol

Weird question but is the tube for the endo arm glued on or can it pop off the stand?

Yeah who am I kidding. Even with the disappointing aspects I'm still excited as **** to finally get this guy after 10 years of the NECA line and, heck, 18 years if I go as far back as the McFarlane figures.

Thanks man. Although I fear it would be too small, as FriendlyPiranha said, it'd need to be 1/10 to match the NECA figures.

Also, unless it has alternate fronts, that particular model looks different than the movie bike.....

Despite the known shortcomings, the paint apps are surprisingly well done. Everything looks clean and is well sculpted. I haven't had time to put him on his bike or anything so the setup right now is temporary. Here's some crappy iPhone pics.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 75
In a figure form, kids look more like accesorries for the main characters. It looks better in a group photo tho, maybe because the eye doesn't focus on it for too long and it searches instictively for something more interesting. It's something that needed to be done nevertheless.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

They could’ve detailed the sculpt a bit more..I don’t see too much Furlong in that expression sorry :(

It looks toyish for Neca

It's not necessarily a "great" figure by any means. It feels more like an essential "accessory" as friendly piranha said. But, this is also the only John Connor were ever going to get from NECA, so it is what it is. If someone were to display this figure on its own I could see how they'd be extremely disappointed, but it's meant to be paired with the other Terminator figures and he looks awesome when he is. I actually prefer the sculpt and expression of the alternate bandanna head.

Personally I never take close-ups of NECA sculpts at this scale. The paint and/or seams and/or rough texture will ruin it every time. I bet even their best work for this line - the T2 Sarah Connor, probably won't look so good in a close-up photograph. With NECA I'm more about the wider look at an extensive collection which is why Snoop's first pic does it for me, seeing that grouping.

Seeing what looks like double jointed elbows for John it makes me wonder if they'll ever do that for the T-800. That 2 pack we've long fantasized about with a reissued John would be a nice opportunity to give the T-800 the ab crunch of the 1:4 scale figure and also double jointed elbows at least. With improved elbow range maybe we could do that movie poster shotgun pose more convincingly...although that might also necessitate a new hand sculpt aswell which is probably asking too much. A variety of hands is just not something that seems to occur to NECA with the Terminator line.

Last edited:
Back