Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if Neca is planning on a re-release of the ultimate tech noir Terminator?

They did a rerelease of the Ultimate T2 T-800, albeit US only for some reason, so I could see them reissuing the Tech Noir and Police Station Assault.

Does anyone know if Neca is planning on a re-release of the ultimate tech noir Terminator?

I've got 3 Tech Noir figures , one Ultimate that's with my display , 2 unboxed , a standard tech noir sealed and a sealed box of an ultimate. The ultimate Tech noir figure is expensive so may sell mine soon around the time dark fate comes out....

Oh yeah, I got the saddlebags, I still have to message Leon. I haven't put them on yet because I was contemplating trying some other method of attachment rather than glue - or what if I did decide I need the bike repainted to get the decorative lines the correct red - the saddlebags would have to come off in that scenario. I might just do what you initially did and use blutack for now.

Oh yeah I get what you mean about the red lines. When you tack the bags on you can't even see the tack, my bike is in my detolf with arnie on and they look like they are an official part of the bike.

I've got 3 Tech Noir figures , one Ultimate that's with my display , 2 unboxed , a standard tech noir sealed and a sealed box of an ultimate. The ultimate Tech noir figure is expensive so may sell mine soon around the time dark fate comes out....

I actually was hoping they would do a re-release at the time the new movie comes out, seems like the perfect time. I know Neca is improving their figures with that facial printing technology or whatever it’s called. They used it with the new Laurie Strode figure. They could update their old releases using it.

Oh wow really? I thought he would have sold out. Well if they did the pre orders internationally I think it would of as a ton of people who don't live in the U.S want the figure. I've had to pay over £100 for someone in san diego to get me the figure and ship it. They got 3 of them and will be shipping by the end of the week. If it stays an exclusive it would have defo been worth the money!

There was probably like 60-70ish people in line with 25 spinning their wheels in front of the closed line guy trying to get in, but once the TMNT set was announced as sold out each day literally everyone left.

I think it's very telling that I've seen no pictures posted of JC in my internet travels. Let alone no one has passed any here. For such a "hotly" anticipated release I'd expect to have stumbled across some.

Seems Randy was more right about the fact that he'd be a hard sell. But at the same time, I wonder what a $30 retail tag would have done as opposed to the $50 con one.

I think it’s the price tag moreso than it being John Connor. $50 is pretty expensive for a boy and his bike.

If it were $30 and I could pay with my credit card, I would have gotten multiples.

It's still early for pics. People who ordered on the NECA store probably haven't gotten the figure yet and anyone who picked him up in person at the con maybe aren't even home yet.

I ordered JC online so I didn't have any need to buy him in person, so I'm still waiting. I'm sure there were plenty of other people like that. 99% of that line was there for the TMNT set since it essentially sold out immediately online. I don't think they made nearly the same amount of the Turtles set that they did last year. I think they said they did 5k sets for the turtles. I'm sure they thought this would sell less but the demand there was nuts.

Friday was the only day I got there before the doors opened. Once I got in and headed straight there the entire line was full and 15-20 people waiting to get in it already. The Mezco line Thursday was a cake walk comparatively. They didn't even have an overflow space, last year they did and it was also super hard to get in.

If I remember correctly, NECA did a very limited online sale of remaining SDCC 2018 inventory.

The shirt is the most disappointing thing to me. The absence of the camo-pattern is glaringly obvious, a real elephant in the room as far as I'm concerned. They cheaped out on us there. Yeah, fine, legalities, so no Public Enemies logo but now without the camo on the shirt there's no angle where this looks correct. :slap Meanwhile that ab crunch joint might present a problem for custom Public Enemies decals.

And I see what P. means about the child-bearing hips but I can live with that - I'm sure that was so he fits on the bike and unless you look under his shirt and see how much his upper body narrows by comparison it's not that noticeable to me...well, at least just from pics and video.

As far as the facial likeness that some have criticized, again, I can live with this. It's no more off than the T-800 or T-1000.

So, unfortunately not without some disappointing aspects, but something is better than nothing for such an essential character after all these years.

Last edited:
The shirt is the most disappointing thing to me. The absence of the camo-pattern is glaringly obvious, a real elephant in the room as far as I'm concerned. They cheaped out on us there. Yeah, fine, legalities, so no Public Enemies logo but now without the camo on the shirt there's no angle where this looks correct. :slap Meanwhile that ab crunch joint might present a problem for custom Public Enemies decals.

And I see what P. means about the child-bearing hips but I can live with that - I'm sure that was so he fits on the bike and unless you look under his shirt and see how much his upper body narrows by comparison it's not that noticeable to me.

As far as the facial likeness that some have criticized, again, I can live with this. It's no more off than the T-800 or T-1000.

So, unfortunately not without some disappointing aspects, but something is better than nothing for such an essential character after all these years.

Totally agree man. For an ultimate figure this is lazy. If it was a standard solid figure like the originals with only elbow joints then yeah it would be fine to look the way it does but as an ultimate missing the camo , public enemy, the wrong tyres on the bike (Rear tyre too skinny for a dirt bike) , the hacking tool has barely any detail on the keys or screen it is a pisstake. I think details matter and that is probably why a lot of people changed their minds from buying it. It didn't even need the public enemy logo just something that resembled it as you couldn't see all of it anyway.

Would of been funny if it included his mullet mate and his boombox haha! :rotfl

And I see what P. means about the child-bearing hips but I can live with that - I'm sure that was so he fits on the bike and unless you look under his shirt and see how much his upper body narrows by comparison it's not that noticeable to me.

Public Enemy, dude.

Back