Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great thanks Platty and a-dev, I'll pick up a final battle figure then.

also does anyone know where they sell cases of the figures instead of individual sets?

BBTS has shipped in cases before (1 of each figure) but at the moment only has series 3 with the T-1000, the other ones are sold out.

is the grenade launcher that comes with the terminator 3 mcfarlane figure screen accurate enough to use as a substitute accessory for the gas launcher to use with Steel Mill figure to try to recreate pose from t-800 vs. swat team scene?

is the grenade launcher that comes with the terminator 3 mcfarlane figure screen accurate enough to use as a substitute accessory for the gas launcher to use with Steel Mill figure to try to recreate pose from t-800 vs. swat team scene?

It's close enough and the NECA holds it fine.

Anyone notice that grenade launcher being used in Inception? Instantly made me think of the T3 figure.

Ever since that bit of NECA twittering about how tough a sell young John Connor would be I just keep mulling it over. The more I think about it the more annoying its going to be to not have him. I won't lie and say he'd be the "best figure ever!" but I just think hes very important for that sense of completeness about the T2 collection. We've got the T-800 and T-1000 to display locked in battle over nothing. And a lot of my extra T-800s would really benefit from having young John to interract with such as my 'Uncle Bob' giving the thumbs up. Buuut thats just me :(

NECA, if theres any conceivable way to make a young John that your loss, if any, would be minimal, please do so for us hardcore fans. I rather like the idea someone had of packing him with the Pescadero T-800, perhaps, if it helped as a limited exclusive set (not that I generally like to encourage exclusivity)

NECA seems pretty stubborn on making only a Dutch from Predator if they get the license, so it's doubtful they would make John. they'd probably makes a Miles Dyson before him.

Miles Dyson? I could buy a Miles Dyson :dunno :lol

But I would seriously. He'd go well with my Man or Machine T-800 or Cyberdyne T-800.

Alas for Predator we're lucky just to be getting Dutch. They'd have to individually pursue and pay for the likeness rights of each P1 human and not necessarily have big sellers on their hands anyway. They're used to talking to Arnie's people plus, with the possible exception of a Jesse ventura figure hes the only guaranteed seller so... it'll annoy me when I get their Dutch figure because he'll miss his backup - I would buy all the P1 soldiers

Young John though. Hes one character out of a mere 4 primary characters in T2. I wish they'd take the risk on him.

It's true that NECA are cosy with Arnold's people. Dutch will happen given NECA's public sharing of their attempts to snag his rights. Arnold is being very generous with his likeness right now because he'll be back making movies again soon, and wants to get his image back in the public eye. Dev - pm me your facebook if you have one. High times ahead.

I actually don't have a facebook, haven't jumped on that bandwagon yet. As soon I started a bebo account it seemed to became spam-city and everyone abandoned it - I never liked the name 'Bebo' anyway, it was hard not to associate it with 'Teeny Bopper'. I'm tempted to join facebook though, everyone I know is on it.

I'd like to see Arnie back in films again, its just a pity The Expendables will have been and gone, I would have liked more than a cameo by him. Arnie and Stallone as main starrers would have been preferable.

Besides all the Harry Potter characters, there's tons of Twilight characters. Yet, John Conner can't carry is own? Come on now.
John Conner could sell several different ways.

- Single carded. John with several accessories like backbag, laptop, endo skeleton arm in case, blade for the T-800 Man or Machine figure, and maybe even a life-size CPU chip

- Single carded. John with his motor bike and boombox

- 2 pack (similiar to Bioshock Big Sister/Big sister) John and Pescadero T-800. That T-800 is arguably the most iconic look for the Terminator. How many of us wouldn't spend an extra $10 to own a John with the awesomely sculpted T-800?
Perfect for the hardcore fan and the casual Terminator fan alike.

- 2 Pack. John with the Motorcycle T-1000. Since NECA is already making the biker version, reuse the legs from that version, the torse from Galleria and BOOM! Another famous look for the T-1000Give the T-1000 the shaking his finger hand as a bonus.

Come on NECA. One of those ideas has got to be to your liking. Think about it.
(somebody tweet that please) ;)

- 2 pack (similiar to Bioshock Big Sister/Big sister) John and Pescadero T-800. That T-800 is arguably the most iconic look for the Terminator. How many of us wouldn't spend an extra $10 to own a John with the awesomely sculpted T-800?
Perfect for the hardcore fan and the casual Terminator fan alike.

I really like that idea. I personally don't necessarily need another Pescadero T-800 I'd probably find a use for it somehow and it seems like packaging John with the T-800 would ensure instant recogniseability to casual purchasers.

The saviour of the human race and his protector in one 20th anniversary set. It seems perfect to me. Neca would get to make more money on a previous figure which would hopefully offset the money they somewhat reluctantly spend on making a new otherwise 'hard sell' figure. Or am I completely off the mark in thinking that?

Since I joined this board, your thinking and mine have been completely singular, a-dev.
That's a great idea about the 20th anniversary too. Perhaps special commerative packaging to showcase the figures even more.

Indeed, preaching to the choir can be very nice!

As to the 20th anniversary, its possible this occasion is NECAs main impetus in giving us a 4th series. The gist from Tankman after he completed his work on series 3 was that he was ready to move on to T1 (or at least that it was his hope, T1 hadn't been announced at the time). Maybe I read too much into it but I took that to mean that series 3 would be the last for T2. But when you happen to have this license around such a significant anniversary you surely don't just drop it the year before the occasion comes up. Thankfully NECA were wise to that.
John and Sarah would be beyond cool to get but at least NECA are surely about to finish out the T-1000 for all his main looks in the film. Can't wait to get me my Steel Mill T-1000s - those extra Final Battle T-800s I bought will be justified!

are the chances of NECA rereleasing Pescadero Escape for the 20th Anniversary with newly sculpted head for T-800 where there is no buldge on the side of the sunglasses slim to none?

They have covered pretty much all of the T-800's looks from T2. They might release an 18 incher with sounds, or maybe a Harley boxed set.

I finally picked up the 18" NECA T-800. A great $40 - 1/4 scale figure.

IMGA0886.jpg

IMGA0884.jpg

IMGA0887.jpg
IMGA0891.jpg
IMGA0885.jpg

I was able to purchase the Final Battle today, does everyone else's have Arnold heads where they painted his hair grey or is mine a bad paint job? thanks

57291029.jpg

Back