Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol @ the gifs

That is great news if the Motorcycle T-1000 is a go now. That means we'll get a Steel Mill for sure too. I mean, why wouldn't NECA milk those motorcylce pants at this point? Throw on the Galleria torso and a donut head and you'll have a home run :rock

I'm hoping for a frozen/liquid metal biker cop T-1000 though :pray:

Your pics of the Liquid Metal T-1000 remind me of the Kenner White Hot T-1000 figure.

41EY4PD3x1L.jpg

White hot T-1000 with "arrow blaster" :rolleyes2 Who the hell came up with that crap?! Were we all just wierd children who ehhh wanted a T-1000 to actually look like the T-1000 in boring old police gear from the film? Oh well it only took 20 years.

Anyway moving on, can't wait to see exactly what the figures will be. I already want to suss out the quantities and see about customising any T-1000 look they don't make.

Were we all just wierd children who ehhh wanted a T-1000 to actually look like the T-1000 in boring old police gear from the film? Oh well it only took 20 years.

I'm not going to lie I liked these as a kid,

PowerArmT1.jpg

ExplodingT10001.jpg

TechnoPunchT-Front.jpg

JohnConnor-3D-Front.jpg

HeavyMetalCycle-Front.jpg

BioFleshRegenerator-Front.jpg

Along with the Micromachine sets. That was about as accurate as you could get back then. I remember wanting "regular" versions but having to settle for those.

I enjoyed my T2 figurs because I loved the movie and wanted to play it out with toys, but even at 9-10 years old, it bothered me that none of them looked even close to the movie, particularly T-1000s, there was no fully clean Robert Patrick looking figure, almost wonder if they didn't have rights to his portrait or something, the biker figure looked nothing like him and the other version was almost like Two-Face from Batman.

I don't get NECA's reasoning why they don't think a John Conner figure would sell. For their Bioshock series, they released the Little Sister 2-pack and those are just 2 little girls. Or how about the multitude of Harry Potter figures? Most of those characters are just kids too. I mean really, who wouldn't buy a John Conner figure? He is only, after all, basically the main character of T2. If they don't feel confident about him single carded, pack him in with his bike to make it more appealing. Or better yet, pack him in a 2 pack with the T-1000 (Motor Bike version) or even the Pescadero T-800.
As much as I love NECA, I some times wonder about their mentality towards human characters in their Sci-Fi properties.

Sure I tried to have as much fun as I could with those Kenner figures, personally I only had the endo and the exploding "2 face" T-1000, but they fell far short of what I wanted even as a child. Even then I thought the gimmickry was a load of crap and just couldn't understand why they wouldn't make a normal T-800 and T-1000.

I don't get NECA's reasoning why they don't think a John Conner figure would sell. For their Bioshock series, they released the Little Sister 2-pack and those are just 2 little girls. Or how about the multitude of Harry Potter figures? Most of those characters are just kids too. I mean really, who wouldn't buy a John Conner figure? He is only, after all, basically the main character of T2. If they don't feel confident about him single carded, pack him in with his bike to make it more appealing. Or better yet, pack him in a 2 pack with the T-1000 (Motor Bike version) or even the Pescadero T-800.
As much as I love NECA, I some times wonder about their mentality towards human characters in their Sci-Fi properties.

I was thinking about that yesterday, the whole 2 pack idea. I haven't always followed Neca, really only since these T2 figures, and don't know what kind of history they have as regards child figures or 2 packs. Does it make financial sense to do a 2 pack? Would it have to cost more at retail than a normal figure? I was thinking surely it would have to otherwise Neca would be doing themselves out of money. Unless they made John Connor as an accessory-free, poorly painted statue with no articulation, wouldn't it cost just as much to make him as any other new figure? So they'd then be losing money by not selling him at full cost seperately?

Packing him with a rerelease of Pescadero T-800 might be interesting though if they feel theres more money to be made from that older figure which could help to absorb the cost of making a new John connor.

Last edited:
Arnie is following me on Twitter ever since I wished him a happy birthday. Soon as they show pics of the next figure be it NECA or HT I'll see what he thinks.

Also - Randy just told me on Twitter that work has just begun on T1 Series 1, Kyle is again the lead sculptor, and he wouldn't want it any other way. There might be some teasers before TF 2011.

Also - they are trying to get the rights to Dutch. He's the only human they want to make, and are trying.

Last edited:
Arnie is following me on Twitter ever since I wished him a happy birthday. Soon as they show pics of the next figure be it NECA or HT I'll see what he thinks.

You serious? Cool. Is there any way of knowing its really him though? Try getting him to join SSF so we can see who he thinks did a better likeness, HT or NECA! :lol

Also - Randy just told me on Twitter that work has just begun on T1 Series 1, Kyle is again the lead sculptor, and he wouldn't want it any other way. There might be some teasers before TF 2011.

Also - they are trying to get the rights to Dutch. He's the only human they want to make, and are trying.

Fantastic news. I hope Kyle gets to sculpt Kyle...Reese.

Cool that they'll do Dutch aswell. Guaranteed purchase.

It is definitely him. His account is verified by Twitter and he regularly posts pics of himself at events. Last week he was at a movie museum and posted pics of himself sitting on the Harley from T2. What a legend.

I hope Dutch happens, they could do a T2 style wave of his looks from the film, from red t-shirt with no camo to Guerrilla camp assault to building a trap version to the final mud covered version. Since NECA has a healthy relationship with Fox from Predators among others, it is not impossible. I always figure if the seed is there in NECA's minds, it is only matter of time before it happens.

It is definitely him. His account is verified by Twitter and he regularly posts pics of himself at events. Last week he was at a movie museum and posted pics of himself sitting on the Harley from T2. What a legend.

I hope Dutch happens, they could do a T2 style wave of his looks from the film, from red t-shirt with no camo to Guerrilla camp assault to building a trap version to the final mud covered version. Since NECA has a healthy relationship with Fox from Predators among others, it is not impossible. I always figure if the seed is there in NECA's minds, it is only matter of time before it happens.

All you have to do is make them think it was their idea :lol Very apt with that Inception sig.

Thats really cool about Arnie following your twitter. Who would ever have thought the internet would be putting you in touch with the Terminator.

I'd love to get all the possible versions of Dutch. It seems unlikely though, not enough recycling potential because of the differences throughout the film. That said I think I'd prefer the movie poster version of Dutch if it was to only be one, with nude torso except for the ammo vest thing.

a local toy store recently got in several final battle 7" figures the other day, I was looking at all of them and noticed that some parts of T-800's hair is painted silver/grey. is this common on all the final battle 7" figures heads?

The most awesomeness filled post i've ever seen!

Arnie following you on twitter, :lol that's ace

Dutch products from neca would be brilliant!

is the Steel Mill figure the same detail as the Hasta La Vista Baby scene, besides the thumper? I have him just holding and pointing the glock but wanted to know if that is screen accurate? thanks

thanks Platty

I forgot to ask also, to pose the Hasta La Vista scene, is it better to leave the head that came with the steel mill figure or swap it for the final battle head (the one that still has Arnold's full face, not the one revealing the endo eye??

Aren't they both the same buddy? I don't have the Steel Mill figure I just know way too much about T2 :lol

The Steel mill figure has his eyes painted looking to his left, y'know in 'scan mode'. So for the Hasta la Vista scene you'd be best using the head from the Final Battle figure.

great thanks Platty and a-dev, I'll pick up a final battle figure then.

also does anyone know where they sell cases of the figures instead of individual sets?

Back