Official Hot Toys Resident Evil Alice thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: R.E. Afterlife, any chance we might see figures?

Disappointed they started with the 4th film but it makes sense. I just hope enough interest is there to get her from the other films.

Disappointed they started with the 4th film but it makes sense. I just hope enough interest is there to get her from the other films.

Do we even know if they have the license for the other 3? The only thing I've read is that they have the license for Afterlife.

Do we even know if they have the license for the other 3? The only thing I've read is that they have the license for Afterlife.

I am just going off hearsay. I thought someone mentioned they had the license to all of the movies but who knows.

Hot toys have apparently been trying to get likeness rights to do mila as alice for years ..well thats what i remember hearing , it would be a little silly to only release one figure of her after all that.

Last edited:

Afertlife was really a great movie ireally enjoyed it. for those that dident see it it will be out on bluray in december.

Very happy with this!
Looking forward to seeing the head sculpt.

Hot toys have apparently been trying to get likeness rights to do mila as alice for years ..well thats what i remember hearing , it would be a little silly to only release one figure of her after all that.

I would imagine it's more difficult than that. The RE Afterlife license likely didn't include likeness rights (or at least Mila's). So if they can't get Mila's, we may very well end up with a "Wolverine-esque" Alice.

What I hope to see is them making more than just Alice from Afterlife. I hate it when they make the one figure from a licence. Hope they clarify what their plans are in a Milk magazine similar to their Expendables plans.

An alice from each film would make such an awesome display..a really AWESOME! display:lol ..but would i put that much money into a line based on a pretty aweful movie franchise ..hmmm?

What I hope to see is them making more than just Alice from Afterlife. I hate it when they make the one figure from a licence. Hope they clarify what their plans are in a Milk magazine similar to their Expendables plans.

Looking at their history, I wouldn't put much faith in it. :(

Nice.

I'm in for Alice from Apocalypse and Afterlife.

I would imagine it's more difficult than that. The RE Afterlife license likely didn't include likeness rights (or at least Mila's). So if they can't get Mila's, we may very well end up with a "Wolverine-esque" Alice.

Wait, I'm confused... what do you mean "didn't include license rights (or at least Milla's)"? :horror

BTW, mods, maybe the title should change to "Official Hot Toys RE: Afterlife Alice thread" or something?

Wait, I'm confused... what do you mean "didn't include license rights (or at least Milla's)"? :horror

Just because someone buys a film license doesn't necessarily mean they get the actors' rights with said license. Especially with Hollywood hotshots like Arnold, Sly, Willis, etc., or in Mila's case where her likeness would need to be protected given the fact that several make-up companies pay her millions of dollars to use her face to advertise their products. And if this winds up being the case, look forward to an HT sculpt similar to Wolverines, where you can tell who it's supposed to be, but despite looking cool, it really doesn't resemble the actor.

EDIT: PS, you can change the title yourself. Just edit the first post. ;)

Last edited:

I see, makes sense.
But we don't know for sure either way. Yet.
I really do hope they have the rights to her likeness, that is the main reason to get this, otherwise we can just keep buying Bros. Production bootlegs...

Will change the title ASAP, thanks!

I see, makes sense.
But we don't know for sure either way. Yet.
I really do hope they have the rights to her likeness, that is the main reason to get this, otherwise we can just keep buying Bros. Production bootlegs...

Will change the title ASAP, thanks!

N/P bud. And I agree. I really hope they get her likeness too. It would be a total flop to have an RE film license and not get the face that made the film a franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back