Official Hot Toys Resident Evil Alice thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It hasn't been officially "launched" yet by HT, so who knows...
I'm waiting impatiently for more pics.

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but has anybody heard any news on this?
It's been quite a while since we last heard anything...
Could it have been cancelled?

No news here, and I hope it didn't get cancel. D: That would suck bad!!!

Me too!!!

tumblr_lcpza1AfIA1qbxoeqo1_500.gif

This thread should merge into Alice thread in video games section.

They were in a "resident" for what, maybe 4 minutes total throught the whole series. :lol

Chris
Jill
Claire
Wesker
Umbrella
Zombies
Zombie Dogs
Nemesis
Las plagas (sp? whatever)

All from the games. These movies have nothing original brought to it besides Alice. The movies are based off the game. Granted they dont follow the story of the games, they are taking from the game franchise.

Wait...The Resident Evil Movies Are Not Based on the Resident Evil Games of the same name? Considering the fact that they pull a lot of the crap from the games which they are based.

You should sit down and watch the movies.

Chris
Jill
Claire
Wesker
Umbrella
Zombies
Zombie Dogs
Nemesis
Las plagas (sp? whatever)

All from the games. These movies have nothing original brought to it besides Alice. The movies are based off the game. Granted they dont follow the story of the games, they are taking from the game franchise.

Oxymoronic. The moves are NOT based on the games. The movies follow the exploits of a character named Alice who, as of the end of the second movie, is running around a post-apocalyptic world that is not in any of the games (the games still exist in the modern world). They share similar character names but aside from that and the concept, they're not comparable at all and were never intended to be.

You should sit down and watch the movies.

Oxymoronic. The moves are NOT based on the games. The movies follow the exploits of a character named Alice who, as of the end of the second movie, is running around a post-apocalyptic world that is not in any of the games (the games still exist in the modern world). They share similar character names but aside from that and the concept, they're not comparable at all and were never intended to be.

Actually I wont sit down and waste any more of my time with the movies. I think they blow. But what Im saying is the flims are taking from the games. Even if is in a small amount. How is it that oxymoronic?? I think you are confusing story with key elements as the same? No. At the end of the day its still a Video Game franchise with a Video Game Movie adaptation to it. I guess you would say that if HT did figures from the RE Degeneration movie that that too belongs in the Horror section? Its a Video Game Franchise first, people.

This whole movie series sucks anyway and really should have ended with the first film.

As for Alice, meh. Ill take Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire, or Barry over that boring character any day of the week. RE Games > RE movies.

Actually I wont sit down and waste any more of my time with the movies. I think they blow. But what Im saying is the flims are taking from the games. Even if is in a small amount. How is it that oxymoronic?? I think you are confusing story with key elements as the same? No. At the end of the day its still a Video Game franchise with a Video Game Movie adaptation to it. I guess you would say that if HT did figures from the RE Degeneration movie that that too belongs in the Horror section? Its a Video Game Franchise first, people.

This whole movie series sucks anyway and really should have ended with the first film.

As for Alice, meh. Ill take Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire, or Barry over that boring character any day of the week. RE Games > RE movies.

It's oxymoronic to say the films are based off the games and in the same sentence say "but they don't follow the storylines." If they're not following the storylines, they're not based on the games. At best, you can say the movies were very loosely "inspired" by the games. Aas someone who's played the games, seen all the movies and enjoyed them all, they're each their own beast. I don't think anybody was debating which came first. But just so you know, they're even two different licenses. ;)

It's oxymoronic to say the films are based off the games and in the same sentence say "but they don't follow the storylines." If they're not following the storylines, they're not based on the games. At best, you can say the movies were very loosely "inspired" by the games. Aas someone who's played the games, seen all the movies and enjoyed them all, they're each their own beast. I don't think anybody was debating which came first. But just so you know, they're even two different licenses. ;)

When Im saying they are based off the games, Im talking about the characters, the universe. Not the story. If they had followed the story to better reflect what happened in the games, the movies might have actually been a lot better.

And the Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 were two different licensed lines as well, whats your point?

When Im saying they are based off the games, Im talking about the characters, the universe. Not the story. If they had followed the story to better reflect what happened in the games, the movies might have actually been a lot better.

And the Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 were two different licensed lines as well, whats your point?

It's not even the same universe. :lol

I, for one, am glad they didn't go with the games. If they had, and the movies sucked (granted it's subjective but I can separate the two), they would'a brought down the games. Read Romero's script for it and you'll see how bad the movies could've been. :monkey1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back