Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some have said that BBTS gets their stock directly from HT and not Sideshows. But BBTS is in the US, so going with that logic, they should get the telescope.

Some have said that BBTS gets their stock directly from HT and not Sideshows. But BBTS is in the US, so going with that logic, they should get the telescope.

Whoever told you that was full of poop.

ALL US distribution of Hot toys products is handled by sideshow. this is how customs and importing foreign goods work. An american company imports the foreign product, and then sells it as a distributor to places Like BBTS, Cornerstore comics, etc.

you can do third party imports ( buying from hong kong sellers on e-bay, or using a middleman service) but this is going to be more expensive than dealing with sideshow directly.

This leads to some industry hilarity as well, like DC direct Getting their DX joker figures imported from sideshow, but not allowing sideshow to sell the figures on their retail site.

Then this should put everyone at rest...if you buy from any US retailer, you will get the telescope. Personally I dont care about it but some are ____ about stuff like that.

I didn't realize it was just for the first batch.
If so, the telescope will be in such limited numbers, relatively speaking.

Wish someone could clarify/confirm.

Ok, before everyone goes into all out panic mode, here's what we know as fact.

Sideshow is selling DX06 Captain Jack Sparrow with his excessively long telescope as an accessory.

The telescope is marketed as:

"Limited Edition Telescope: Exclusive for U.S. & Japan Markets"

And, Sideshow is the Official U.S. Distributor for this figure.

That's all we know, we have no clue what the meaning of this description is, how easy to come by the accessory, what shops will be offering it or not, we just know Sideshow's selling it right now and the official description of it from the HT photo.

Ok, before everyone goes into all out panic mode, here's what we know as fact.

Sideshow is selling DX06 Captain Jack Sparrow with his excessively long telescope as an accessory.

The telescope is marketed as:

"Limited Edition Telescope: Exclusive for U.S. & Japan Markets"

And, Sideshow is the Official U.S. Distributor for this figure.

That's all we know, we have no clue what the meaning of this description is, how easy to come by the accessory, what shops will be offering it or not, we just know Sideshow's selling it right now and the official description of it from the HT photo.

In layman's terms, we don't know ____.

In layman's terms, we don't know ____.

More appropriately, Hot Toys ____ed up again, and perhaps to some extent, Sideshow.

It shouldn't be hard for a company to say, if you want this, here's where you can buy it, rather than say limited to our 2 primary markets, cuz that doesn't sound limited at all :lol

Does anyone know what the deal with the telescope is?

In terms of where you can buy it, or what it is? As far as what it is, it's a gag from the 3rd film.

JACK1.jpg

More appropriately, Hot Toys ____ed up again, and perhaps to some extent, Sideshow.

It shouldn't be hard for a company to say, if you want this, here's where you can buy it, rather than say limited to our 2 primary markets, cuz that doesn't sound limited at all :lol

All I know is that I have it on order and I'm happy.

All I know is that I have it on order and I'm happy.

Same here, I was hoping it'd be included, I find the gag from the movie very funny and it'll nicely give me a posing option for my AWE Jack, as I realized the other day that I'll have a Jack for every movie ultimately.

Ordered. This will be my 10th Hot Toys figure. Unless I get another in the meantime, which is highly possible.

In terms of where you can buy it, or what it is? As far as what it is, it's a gag from the 3rd film.

JACK1.jpg

From the looks of this picture, Jack keeps both eyes open whilst looking through the excessively long telescope.

From the looks of this picture, Jack keeps both eyes open whilst looking through the excessively long telescope.

I noticed the same thing. You can replicate this exact scene with the telescope for the most part. Pretty cool. I think it's something I'll do if I do pick this up. Since it has been pushed back to third quarter, I think I can safely snag it.

I've got some questions about Toys2 though. So is it free to cancel pre orders? Also, someone mentioned how Toys2 gets their shipment in well before Sideshow. Why is this and is this true? Finally, will theirs come with the telescope? I don't know about you guys, but I think the telescope is a great accessory. It's really big and looks great.

Back