Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotcha. I GUESS the thing to do would be to make the 'P' as light pink as I can versus the skin tone of the body. Since these sheets print white as translucent, I have to be careful. But at least the tattoo will work for sure, and I'm just going to charge what I would typically charge for a tattoo like this, 10 bucks for a few different sizes so you definitely get one that fits. So I won't be charging for the brand. It'll be a bonus if it works I suppose.

I can take a look at Depps tattoos for you as well. :)

This is the body, correct?
IMG_0786-horz.jpg
thanks man! and yep that's the right body. I posted a pic of whitekite's set for you in your interest thread. get it a wee bit pinker than that and I think it will work perfectly
PM me sometime and we can figure it out. I won't charge something dumb, these are pretty easy to knock out but they aren't popsicle sticks either. If you wanted a more fancy base, I have a million router bits and could make you some nice trim for the bottom and whatnot. The little base was done in about 20 minutes. If I was selling it, I would be more careful and get everything measured and stuck down right. I use Rhyno linoleum tape, and that stuff is tough once it sets. Wood color is all your choice too, stains come in every color as I'm sure you know. The planks will also fit a lot tighter if I cut them more carefully (with a miter or table saw instead of the band-saw I used).

Ahh, it was Whitekite! I was the one asking Hunter about the tattoos and brand and I couldn't remember who did them. Jack looks weird without the tattoo when the sleeves are rolled up.
Will do man! I love how it's turning out so far. I wonder if I can pry out the fake wood/cardboard on the Sweeney base and insert your real wood one in it's place...hmmm will try it on the weekend.

Yep Whitekite offered the tats and a few other goodies as well. I'm regretting not picking up the Jar of Dirt he did. It was around the time HT showed the Cannibal King 2.0 chair and figured it would come with one :(
:yess: :hi5:

Got back from my first trip to Disney today and I think I really want to try finding this guy! Whats a good price for this? I see an asking price for some of them on here have gone for around $300. Sound right?

My other hope is HT would make another one with a new Pirates movie in the works.

That sounds about right. I got mine for $260 as part of a trade. You won't regret having this guy on your shelf.

I agree, around $300 is a decent price for Jack. I paid just under that a few months ago because my figure had been opened for a quick once-over but was never displayed.

He is still my favorite figure and I don't see that changing!

I got my new base done. I wish my lighting would pick up the wood better but oh well. It's real wood instead of that horrible cardboard. I think I'll switch up the pose this weekend to him drunkenly leaning on the wheel.

Yeah the HT Davey Jones fig is going for crazy prices now. There are a lot of HT figs I would have over him but if he is kind of rare then I guess he will be going for $$$$$.

Yeah, I had remembered seeing that a while ago. It was supposed to be the chair for cannibal Jack and maybe an updated figure for it too, right?

Back